Status: Updated daily :)

Adorably Clueless

04

Alice yawned as she woke up, the sun glaring at her through the window. Her head felt like bricks had been piled on it in the middle of the night. She sighed, knowing she couldn't go to school today and learn like this. She grabbed her phone off the night table next to her. She typed,” Not going to school today. I've got a killer headache, so I’ll see you later.

She laid it next to her head, waiting for Jace’s reply. The phone vibrated loudly, scaring Alice since the room had been so quiet that only her breathing could have been heard. Good morning, beautiful. ;) Lol, okay. I hope you feel better and I’ll drop by after football to check on you.

Alice blushed at his choice of greeting, knowing he only did it to make her do what she was doing. She shook her head, amused at her best friend. Only yesterday she had liked him like a friend, today she felt like she was head over heels in love with him. Thinking back on it, Alice knew she was in love with her best friend but something today just made it feel right to feel it. Maybe it was the fact he was the one that was always there for her, and checking up on her.

She didn't bother answering Jace, he was probably already at school anyway. She pulled the covers up over her head, blocking out the blinding rays of the sun. Soon enough, her mother was knocking at the door. “Alice, are you okay? I’m guessing you aren't going to school today.”

Alice replied,” I’m fine, I just feel a bit sick to my head. I’ll be okay but I know if I go to school, I won’t be able to focus.”

Her mom opened the door, not waiting for Alice to protest. “Here, let me feel your head. You might have a fever.” She bent down and placed the back of her hand on Alice’s forehead.

Alice wriggled,” Mom, I’m fine! I’m not running a fever.” She moved over in an attempt to get away from her mother’s hands.
Her mom frowned,” You’re not running a fever, but I still think you should stay home.”

Alice groaned,” Mom, I was staying home anyway.”

Alice’s mom smiled down at her daughter and then left the room, promising to bring up something to eat. Alice just sighed, not wanting to be pampered when her mom had better things to do. She slid over to the edge of the bed and carefully got on to her feet.

Her room was a disaster, even though just yesterday it had been clean. Alice glared at the clothes that littered her floor. Marcus had definitely been in here before she got home yesterday. She felt her anger start to boil up, but she took a deep breath. She would not let her little brother get to her.

She picked up her dress and threw it into the bright white basket that held dirty clothes. She went all around, making shot after shot to the basket. Then she sat down at her computer and logged onto Facebook, figuring a bunch of her friends had left her messages. She opened the browser and typed in the web address.
She had one hundred and seventy- four notifications; apparently someone had tagged her in a post. She clicked on one of the notifications and was brought to the page.

It said,” Poor Alice Maine! Alec should get in trouble for what he did! Comment or like if you agree.”

Alice looked down and there were all her friends defending her. Jace even got on here and he never gets on Facebook. He said something about planning a way to get back at him without getting in trouble. Everyone wanted to know what he planned to do but he refused to say.

Alice squinted at the computer screen as she tried to figure out what Jace was planning. What on earth could he possibly do without getting in trouble?

She just shook her head and thanked everyone for their concern. Then she closed out and thought about everything that had happened to her since freshman year. Two days into her first year she had been asked out by Alec, she wasn't certain she should go and looking back on it she should have listened to herself. Alec had been one of Jace’s friends, so of course she wouldn't have really thought anything bad. They went out on that first date, going to watch Lion King in 3D. It was a great date and Alec acted the part of a gentleman. He even paid for her new purse she wanted.

So eventually they were a couple, sitting and holding hands in the halls. Alice and Alec, that’s how everyone had referred to them after they had been together for six months. On their sixth month anniversary, Alec took her out on a moonlight walk in the park. It was gorgeous, the moon was full and it casted a mystical feel about the place. She had been so excited; she placed a gentle kiss on his lips. One which he turned into a heated make out session, something she didn't want. She pushed him away, wiping her mouth. She had said something along the lines of,” I don’t want to do this right now.”

He apologized, gently taking her hand and fitting his into it. They continued their moonlit walk, nothing out of the ordinary. Eventually she got a text from her mom, saying she wanted her home soon. She told Alex, who showed her the way back to his old pickup truck. They were silent on the way home, just enjoying their time together. Suddenly, Alec had pulled on the shoulder of the road. “Alice, we've been together six months. I want us to get together completely.”

Alice asked confused,” What do you mean?”

He started pulling at his belt,” I want you.”

She quickly crawled to the very edge of her seat,” No. I won’t have sex with you.”

He growled,” Why? Don’ you want me?”

She started to get scared and pulled her phone out of her purse while keeping her eyes on Alec. She had texted Jace,” I need you to come get from Alex. Now, don’t ask questions. I’m on the road right before you turn on my street.

Alec tried to pull her against him when she answered him. “I love you, but I don’t want to do this not right now anyway. I want to wait until I’m married.”

Alec shook his head, trying to convince her that he would be her future husband. “Look, it doesn't matter because you’ll be married to me. Please baby, I want to be mine and I yours.”

Alice wouldn't hear it, she kept saying no. Finally Alec just grabbed her and forcefully pushed himself against her jeans. “I’m sorry but I have to win this bet.” Alice started to cry, realizing she was just a stupid girl who believed the first profession of love she heard. Alec pulled her shirt off and roughly kissed her. She just let her tears roll down her cheeks and stared him in the eyes. If he was going to rape her, he’d have to watch her cry through every bit of it.

A pair of headlights rolled in behind us and Alec threatened her,” You better act like we were just sitting her talking. Here, put this blanket on but nothing else. I’m going to get rid whoever this is.”
Jace came up walking to the car and shoved open the door. “Alice get out and get in my car, he won’t hurt you.” She tearfully grabbed her stuff and hightailed it back to his car. Never had she been so glad to see Jace’s old school Honda, she quickly slipped into the passenger seat.

Alec ran over to her window as she locked the door,” Baby, why are you leaving me?”

Alice just looked away from him as her tears leaked down her face again. Jace pulled him away, shoving him in the ditch. Jace picked him up by his shirt when he tried to get to Alice again. “I swear if you touch her, I’ll kill you. Stay away from her, or it will be bad for you.” Then he dropped him and walked around to the front seat. He got in, started the car up and drove up. Not a word was passed between them as Alice put her clothes on. He didn't look her way, or at least not until they got in her driveway.

He wiped her tears and hugged her,” I’m so sorry, Alice. I should have known he was up to no good.” He just held on to her as she kept crying. Alice couldn't speak; the guy she had been with for six months and loved so dearly had tried to rape her. He never loved her; he was just with her for some bet.


Her heart had been so broken that night; Alice could still feel the aches sometimes. She came back to reality as her dog, Ali, jumped into her lap. She looked around, trying to figure out how the heck the dog got into her room. Jace was at the door, an easy grin on his face. “Hey Alice, what are you doing?”

She smiled at him,” Oh, just thinking.”

He cocked his head to the side,” What about?”

A ghost of a frown flooded her face as she remembered what she had been thinking about. “Oh, nothing to important just thinking, since I have nothing better to do.”

He pulled her out of her chair and hugged her tightly. He saw the tears flood down her cheeks but he didn't ask her about their sudden assault. He figured she would tell him when she was ready. He picked her up and put her on the bed and just held her against his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
So close to my goal! Plan for many more updates today. So I decided to give you the back story on Alec and Alice, what did you think? To much? Or should I have left it a mystery? Comment! It helps a lot when you do. See you in a little while!
--butterflywings16
p.s.- Happy election day!