Status: New story!

A Better Reality

Too Good To Be True

It had been a week and half since Alex and I spoke in the field and he got me to open up. We’d seen each other every now and then mainly due to his band practice. We haven’t kissed since the field and I had no idea what was going on. I didn’t want to date someone that was too afraid to be themselves in front of other people and that’s exactly what Alex was, he would rather be looked at as the boy that’s gets around than the boy that loves music. I on the other hand want to be known as the girl that loves dance, and that’s how people see me. I was pulling into my dad’s neighborhood coming back from dance rehearsals because I have a recital tomorrow night. I loved dance, it let me free myself from any situations going on. When I pulled into the drive way I noticed Alex sitting on the front steps of the porch and when he saw I pulled in he stood up and made his way over to my car.

“What are you doing here? You weren’t supposed to have band practice today,” I said to him as I climbed out of my car.

“I came to see you, did you come from dance?” He asked.

“Yes, now what can I help you with?” I said to him as we made our way inside.

“What makes you think I came over to ask for something?” He asked, faking hurt, as we climbed the stairs to my room.

“Alex? What are you doing here?” Rian asked as he walked out of his room.

“I came to see Eleanor now leave us be,” Alex said waving off my brother. I walked into my room and Alex followed and threw himself onto my bed.

“Shoes off, and tell me what you came here for,” I told him as I set my bag down and took my shoes off while Alex did the same. I walked into my closet and quickly shut the door to change into some clean clothes. I walked back out and sat on my bed waiting for Alex to answer.

“I just wanna hang out!” He protested and I just shook my head at him.

“No you don’t.”

“Yes I do,” he countered.

“Alexander, tell me what you came here for,” I sternly told him, growing tired of his childish games.

“Fine. Let’s go out tonight,” he said, focusing his attention on the ground.

“No.”

“What? No? Did you just say no?” He frantically asked and I nodded my head. “Why?”

“Because I have a dance recital tomorrow and I can’t go to a party, drink and be hung over tomorrow it will affect my performance.”

“You thought I meant go out as in go to a party?” He asked.

“Yes.”

“No! I didn’t mean that!” He exclaimed and I winced at how loud he was being.

“Then what did you mean?” I asked him.

“I meant go out as in go out on a date with me,” he shyly said, I smiled because he was nervous.

“Okay,” I nonchalantly said and he looked up at me with excitement in his face.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yeah I don’t see why not. What time should I be ready?” I asked him.

“How does six thirty sound?” He asked and I nodded my head at him. “Sweet, I’ll pick you up then.”

“Don’t be late,” I told him as he walked out of my room. I smiled to myself, I’m going on a date with Alex tonight.

I looked at my watch and noticed I had two hours until he would be here so I quickly ran into my bathroom and hopped in the shower to rid my body of the residue left over from dance rehearsals. Once I was clean I got out and blow dried my hair, to tame the giant frizzball sitting on my head I ran my flat iron through my hair. I walked into my room with just a towel around my small frame and pulled on some clean clothes. I went into my closet and quickly fingered through my wardrobe to find something to wear when I realized I didn’t know how I should dress. I walked back into my room and picked up my phone to call Alex.

“Hello?” His voice rang through my phone.

“Hey,” I said to him.

“What’s up?”

“About tonight I—“ I tried to talk but he cut me off.

“You didn’t change your mind did you? Please tell me you didn’t!” He frantically said and I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

“No. I called to ask what I should wear.”

“Clothes, unless you prefer being naked,” he said and I could just picture the smirk on his face right now.

“That’s gross, and do I dress casual or what?” I asked, nervously picked at my nails.

“Casual is good, see you tonight Elle,” he said and hung up. I quickly ran to my closet and looked through my clothes again and after searching for forty five minutes I finally picked out an outfit. I set the outfit on my bed and walked over to my vanity where I applied a light amount make up and looked through my jewelry to find matching accessories when Rian walked into my room.

“Hey,” he said as he stood in my doorway.

“Hi,” I said to him, continuing to look through my jewelry box.

“Where ya going tonight?” He asked as he moved to go sit on my bed and saw my clothes I picked out.

“On a date,” I told him and put on a pair of earrings.

“With?” He asked with confusion in his voice.

“Alex,” I told him as I slipped on my usual jewelry of the ring my grandmother gave me, the bracelet my father gave me, and the necklace my father also gave me.

“Seriously?” Rian asked and I turned around to face him, he had a shocked expression on his face.

“Yes, why is that so shocking?” I asked.

“Look, just be careful okay. Alex he’s my best friend but he has a reputation and I don’t want him hurting you, okay?” Rian warned me as he stood up and walked out of my room.

“What does that even mean?” I hollered after him but got no response. I sat there and pondered what my brother could have possibly meant but then soon realized I didn’t have much time left until Alex would be here. I quickly changed out of my clothes and put the outfit I chose on and slipped on a few extra pieces of jewelry on. I walked into my bathroom to run my flat iron through my hair again and slipped my shoes on. I threw my needed items into my purse and just as I finished doing that Alex was knocking on my bedroom door.

“Wow you look great,” he said with a smile on his face.

“Thanks,” I said to him and greeted him with a hug.

“Are you ready for a night of fun?” He asked.

“Yes,” I told him while laughing.

“Then let’s go!” He said and held his arm out for me and I looped my arm through his as we made our way out of the house and into his car.

I can't wait to see what he had in store for us tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo hoo! Updated all three of my stories today!
Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans and Happy Thursday to everyone else!
Sorry it's been awhile but I'm trying to pick it back up!

Eleanor

Comments=Updates!

Title Credit:
Song: Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You (Cover)
Artist: Dez Duron from The Voice