Stomach Tied in Knots.

Closing Time.

It's been a while since I last saw Andy Glass. I'd heard he'd been seeing a new girl and I was happy for him. Andy deserved happiness. If I moved on, so should he. It was just weird being away from the whole Michigan crew. I always found it strange that you could just move on like nothing happened. The last thing I'd heard was that Andy's life was a wreck without me. I guess I was wrong. The girl was beautiful, the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen.

Her name was Megan. She had red hair, and bright green eyes. The exact type I never pictured Andy to go for in a million years. She cleaned his life up however, she never drank or smoked like Andy had been doing. She got him out of his rut and cleaned him up. I was happy for him but it was just so strange. I knew I was dating Kellin and I was happy. He was the person I was meant to be with, but the day I saw the status on facebook that said "Andy Glass is in a relationship with Megan Tillman" I lost it.

I don't know why it hurt so bad. Maybe because Megan had something I never had, Andy. I waited so long, so many years wasted on Andy Glass. So many tears. It was almost unreal. I didn't know how to feel about it. All I knew was that I missed this boy and I missed what we had more than anyhting I'd ever missed in my entire life.

Life was strange. Love was stranger. Today was strange, I could feel it.

I went out into my living room in the apartment that I shared with Kellin. I went to the kitchen to make my daily glass of coffee, when I found a note from Kellin.

"Meet me in the guest room, ASAP. Love Kellin."

My gut instinct told me to go to the guest room just becuase.

I made my way to the guest room, it was adorned with roses and banners that said I love you everywhere. It was so overwhelming. Our song was playing. Kellin was sitting on the bed strumming a guitar. What was about to happen?

"Kellin Bostwick what are you doing?"

I laughed taking a sip out of my coffee cup,

"Professing my love for you, Auriel Lark Felts."

I looked at him with my eyebrow raised,

"what do you mean?"

He smiled, dropping to the ground on one knee.

Shit, I wasn't expecting that.

"I mean...Auriel Felts when I think about love my head feels all kinds of crazy. It makes me feel uncomfortable and weird inside but when I think about you everything feels...right. I feel like you're the one for me and I know we've only been together for a year but I want to make this official. I want to make you my wife...forever and always that's why I'm doing this."

He popped open a tiny velvet box, with a ring in it.

What?

"Auriel Felts, will you be my wife?"

I nodded, tears filling my eyes.

"I will, Kellin. I will."

Kellin smiled a big smirk spreading acrossed his face, "I love you Auriel Lark Bostwick."

Auriel is engaged to Kellin Quinn Bostwick.

Somewhere in Michigan in a cafe Andy Glass read that on his iPhone and tears spilled out of his eyes as the song Closing Time by Semisonic started playing. He was sitting acrossed from his beautiful girlfriend who helped hi forget about the one girl he truly loved. It felt weird knowing that she was engaged.

"What's wrong babe?"

Megan asked taking a sip of her drink,

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

Andy shrugged pulling hismelf together.

He had truly lost Auriel Felts forever. He needed to tell her how he felt after all these years.