Status: In Progress - babyblue.bliss

A Sparrow Learns to Fly

A Sparrow learns to fly

"why would you even say that? I am 19 nearly 20" shouted a frustrated Grace while causing a book to go flying across to the wall.

" it's not that your wrong sweetheart , it's just…. I don't think you're ready yet"

It was a light summer evening; the warm Caribbean sun was setting on the horizon causing a warm orange glow in the gentle sky. The atmosphere seemed perfect except for the fact that Grace and mum were arguing yet again. Life on the Pearl was good, but some people have issues dealing with other people's opinions, especially ones that come from the Sparrow family.

Alena was leaning against the railing of the pearl watching her dad give orders to the crew she had to admit that he was a pretty good captain, and quite possessive over his ship. Jack Sparrow was definitely one of those people who stood out of the crowd with his dark long features and his attire not to mention he was the most famous pirate in the Caribbean, rather infamous. Being his daughter she technically was famous too.

Meanwhile she could hear her mum, Angelica and her Sister fighting in the cabin, she had found out that it was easier to stay out of one of their arguments; she found that out the long way, she now has a white scar on her arm.

Jack walked up to Alena with a mischievous grin on his face; he leaned against the rail and folded his arms

"who do ya' think will win?" he asked

Alena rolled her dark eyes and smiled "you know I don't think it's a good idea to say, you may regret it later" she answered suddenly turning serious

"watcha' ya mean luv?"

"weeeelllll supposedly you let it slip to mum that while they were fighting we were messing around instead of helping her? Especially you father … you are on her bad side" she answered her eyes gleaming with amusement with the look he had on his face; it had changed from cheekiness to shock.

"Well I don' see what da' problem is anyway" he muttered quietly looking towards his cabin, she followed his gaze and he had just realised they both were inside HIS cabin.

He started to walk over there when he saw Grace swing the door open and come marching up to them. Her hair blowing behind her, she did look slightly different from Alena.

Grace had long curly hair that was nearly to her waist it was practically black like her dad's, she was mostly like her mum with her short temper and personality but had her dad's humour. Alena's hair was just below her shoulders It was dark brown and wavy she was quite small for her age and she was more like jack.

"I'm leaving." She said bluntly

"oh I see" answered Jack sadly, Alena looked confused. "I knew that was coming, it was bound to 'appen sooner or later."

Tearfully she said, "I want to leave the Pearl, I'm old enough now to go an' explore on my own and get me own ship"

"huh, what?...but" Alena protested "ye can't go yet" She said not quite believing Grace, "you want to by yourself, who would you go with? And what happens if it doesn't work out, ye would need to find a crew, a ship and everything else!" she said using dramatic hand gestures.

"well I "discussed" it with mum, I'm sure…father?" she now looked at him with innocent eyes

He looked at her analysing her face, thinking what would be best thing to say which would save his neck. He started shuffling on his feet feeling uncomfortable.

"Well, aye, I guess, I was the same at your age, always seeking an adventure"

"Oh yay! thank you daddy" she said excitedly she jumped up and down and skipped away towards the front end of the ship."

Alena smiled to herself, it wasn't that long ago since her brother was doing the same, he had left about a year ago. I guess one day a sparrow has to be set free.

She saw her mum walk out her cabin rubbing her eyes. Angelica walked over to them and sighed looking at the floor, she wrapped her arms round herself.

"Well I guess that's two now" she sniffed.

"don't worry luv" answered Jack softly and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Don't worry mum, you still have me" Alena replied cheerfully breaking their hug and looking up smiling the smile her mum always loved. Alena loved it when her parents would hug; it made her feel more secure.

"left with the troublesome one now aren't we?" Angelica laughed wiping a tear away "there growing up so fast."

"they sure are" Jack said thoughtfully looking down at his daughter, he ruffled her hair.

"hey, Don't do that! " yelled Alena laughing,

"Captain!" called Gibbs

"Aye?" Jack asked, turning around to look at Mr Gibbs, he went into Captain mode, which Angelica always liked.

"land up ahead Jack, we should be there soon" he said smiling

"alright remember to dock the Pearl where she is hidden, we don't want any of the navy on our tails savvy?"

"Aye captain!" the crew replied

Grace was looking out at sea.

Where are we actually going?" she called over her shoulder, whilst facing the sea.

Well, we are currently sailing towards Port Royal" Jack said setting his hat on his head and scanning the horizon. "We are going to visit some of my old friends!" he said grinning proudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) please comment