Sequel: Tied Together

This Wasn't Suppose to Happen

Bonus Chapter (Sid's POV)

I dropped the phone on the hard mattress of the hotel. Here I was, in another Country and miles from Pittsburgh and feeling the first kick of my child. Hockey was my life, but for a moment, I would have given it all up just to be there to witness that moment.

Janelle was going to have all the firsts, while I played the game that I loved. What would happen when the baby was born? In my world, hockey was number 1, it was up there with my family. If I felt like this now, how would I feel when she told me that the baby took its first steps or said its first word?

I paced around the room, Duper was in the adjoining one and I needed some advice. Glancing at the clock, I realized he was probably skyping with his family, but I needed some questions answered and who better than Duper? He knew all about missing out on things.

I reached for the door knob and then stopped in my tracks… no one knew about the baby. Sweat broke out across my forehead and I retreated as if I had been burnt by fire. What was I thinking?

Sitting back on the bed, I ran my fingers through my hair. I was the one who normally had everything in check; cool and calm and collected. I never really stressed over things, I went with the flow and just did what was expected of me. Sign some autographs, be cordial to fans, play hockey, try to be a leader for the team and that was it. One night changed everything, these days I second guessed everything, thought and over analyzed every conversation I had and it was all because of a baby who wasn’t even born yet.

If I was this affected now, what the fuck was I going to do when I had a son or a daughter?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates, the car accident and shoulder surgery really don't help with typing. As always, comments are so welcomed! Love hearing your thoughts on the updates, thanks to those who take the time to recommend, subscribe, read or comment!