Sequel: Tied Together

This Wasn't Suppose to Happen

Part 15

We were knee deep in shopping bags as we stood in the middle of my living room. “I think I’m done”, I said to Nate as I flopped onto the couch and put my feet up on the ottoman.

“I think I’m done too”, he said following suit. The mall had been packed and we spent hours standing in line and waiting for purchases to be checked in. Now all we had to do was wrap and decorate, even I could handle that.

“When do you go to those breathing classes?” Nate asked suddenly as he played with one of the pillows on the couch.

“In the new year, Dr. Stone said that there are different classes to take and asked me to do some research before I picked which birthing class that suited me. Honestly, this whole thing scares me”, I confessed as I turned to face him.

“It’s just breathing, learn how to breath and then when you get to the hospital, you can just ask for drugs and sleep through the whole thing”, he said and put his arm around me.

“Sleep through pushing a child out of my body? Man, what are you smoking these days? Did you see Knocked Up?”

“That’s just movie magic, I have faith in you J, come on, people have kid after kid, if it was so traumatizing then everyone would just have one kid”. Nate grinned and gave me a wink.

I shook my head, sometimes you had to pick your battles and this one wasn’t worth my time. I still wasn’t sure if I wanted to do a natural childbirth, in reality I was scared more than I had ever been in my entire life and I had no idea about what I wanted regarding bringing this baby into the world.

By the time Nate had left, I was ready for bed. I was so exhausted that I could hardly stand up and all I wanted to do was sleep for 12 hours straight. Climbing into bed, I got semi comfortable and closed my eyes ready for sleep to overtake me. Opening my eyes, I glanced at the clock, 2 am.

Groaning, I tossed and turned trying to get comfortable. Just as I felt myself drifting off to sleep, I felt the familiar sensation… I had to pee, again. Keeping my eyes closed in hopes of being able to sleep as soon as I got back into bed, I slowly made my way to the bathroom and did my thing. With my eyes still closed, I climbed back into bed and fluffed my pillows. There, all comfy and ready for sleep.

I lay there for what must have been hours with my eyes closed and trying to keep my mind clear. Opening one eye, I glanced at the clock, 2:30 am. Seriously? I picked up my phone and dialed a number.

“Someone better be in need of emergency medical attention”, the sleepy voice said as soon as the phone was picked up.

“Sid?”

“Janelle? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” he asked and I knew he was wide awake on the other end of the line.

“I’m fine, I just can’t sleep”, I told him as I lay back against the pillows.

“You called me because you can’t sleep?” His voice raised a few levels and I knew he was trying hard to keep his temper in check.

“Yeah, I thought you could tell me about your day or something. I just can’t sleep and I’m so tired”, I told him. I knew this was crazy, I was border line begging him to talk to me, but insomnia can do crazy stuff to a pregnant woman.
“Janelle, I’m shooting a commercial and have to be up in less than 4 hours. I can’t do this. Go call your Mom or something. I’ll talk to you later”, the line went dead and I groaned. “I wish I could call my Mom”, I muttered as I threw the phone across the room. The satisfying sound of it shattering ironically made me feel better. Knowing that there would be no way that I would ever get to sleep now; I got up and grabbed my blanket to get comfortable on the couch. A movie would take my mind off of things and just might send me into dreamland.

Sobbing, I grabbed a handful of tissues and blew my nose. That was so sad, why did I even bother watching that movie? Damn you, Stepmom. From the first 15 minutes, I was in tears but did I turn the channel? No, I kept watching it. It was now after 5 am and not only was I sleep deprived but I was an emotional wreck. I hadn’t cried this hard since my parent’s funeral, I grimaced at the memory and turned the channel to see the first few minutes of the Hannah Montana movie. There, that wouldn’t make me emotional, it’s friggin Hannah Montana.

Two hours later, there I was, sobbing again. Who knew that Miley Cyrus and her double life could make me so upset, it wasn’t even a sad movie! It was safe to say that my hormones were in overdrive and my first instinct was to grab my phone and text Nate. Then I remembered it, I shattered my phone after talking to Sid.

Great, now I had to battle the crazy holiday shoppers to get a new phone. This was all Sid’s fault; if he had only talked to me then I wouldn’t have spent the night watching movies that made me upset and threw my phone across my room. Yeah, that’s it; it was all Sid’s fault. “We’re just going to blame it all on your Daddy”, I said out loud as I patted my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just went through the comments and wanted give a shout out to those who've been commenting regularly. I really appreciate all your comments and thank you SO much for reading, so this goes out to: Sportsfan83, soupy, steph1984, teaspoons.of.sober, NMT82, kendra-rae and jess123

To my other lovely readers, thanks so much for subscribing and recommending this story. I went a little nuts last night and have the entire labor and delivery scene wrote out and I hope you won't be disappointed.