Sequel: Tied Together

This Wasn't Suppose to Happen

Part 22

I woke up a short while later and blinked a few times, Sid was sitting in the rocking chair, holding our daughter and looking down at her with a look of admiration. I mentally took a picture; this was something that I wanted to remember forever.

“You’re awake”, he stated as he stood up and walked over to me. I sat up and he put the baby in my arms. “She has your eyes”, he said softly as I stared down at my daughter.

“She has your pouty lips”, I told him as I drank in her beauty. She was absolutely perfect, 6 lbs and 4 ounces of perfect all rolled up into this beautiful little baby.

A nurse breezed into the room and checked my vitals as Sid hovered near the top of the bed. “Have we decided on a name?” she asked. I glanced up at Sid and then down at the baby. “Ryanna”, I stated and I could feel the glare from his eyes drilling a hole into my head.

“Ry what?” he asked as he moved so I could see him.

“Ry anna” I repeated and the nurse smiled. “That’s a beautiful name”, she said as she turned to leave the room.

“We are not calling her that”, Sid said and I rolled my eyes. “What do you want to name her?” I asked.

“I was thinking more along the lines of Eva Crosby”. Umm, what? I tried really hard to count to 10 but only made it to 4 before I spoke.

“Eva Crosby?”

“Ya, for Eva Mendes. I like it”, he said and gave me a grin.

“Are you serious?”

Sid nodded. “Yes, that’s a great name. I really like it”.

“Ya, not happening. Ryanna Grace Jones”, for me it was settled and seeing her only made more sense. She was definitely a Ryanna. Unique and perfect and it suited her so well.

“Ryanna Crosby? That don’t sound right”, Sid muttered as he started to pace. Oh god, the pacing…not again, it brought me back to the doctors office when Sid was given the DNA results.

“Look, I’ve been through a lot since I found out I was pregnant, you said hurtful things and there were times when I was totally alone. I think I should at least be able to name her”, I explained and Sid stopped pacing.

“Okay, we can do this your way but only if I can choose the middle name and only if you use my last name”.

Why was I surprised? I knew he could be difficult, difficult should be his middle name, but no, I was under the assumption that he would be easy to get along with.

“Fine, middle name and hyphenated last name”, I countered.

“She’s fucking 6 lbs and you want her to have 4 names? Not happening. Ryanna Sidney Crosby it is”. I almost dropped the baby.

“Are you kidding me? No, I’m putting my foot down; she’s not going to have your name as a middle name if she has your last name”. This was it, I would kick ass if I had to.

“Are you saying that she can have my last name?” he asked and I sighed. Reluctantly I agreed to his last name and he smirked at me. “Awesome, meet Ryanna Catherine Crosby”, he said as he took her out of my arms and started to rock her.

“Catherine?” I was surprised at his choice in name; I figured he would go all superstar hockey god on me and name her Stanley or something equally horrible.

“For my Grandmother, it’s my Mom’s middle name and my sisters. Thought I’d keep the tradition”, he said as he gave me a smile. A real actual smile; one that made the corners of eyes crinkle.

He moved towards the bed and I shifted over, sitting on the edge of the bed, I placed my finger in the palm of Ryanna’s hand and for the first time in years, I finally felt whole again. She was the missing piece to my broken heart; she would be the one to fill that hole that my parent’s death had left. In an instant, she was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double update! Next update will give some information into the death of Janelle's parents and let you know her a little better.

What do you all think of the name? Like or hate?