Status: Started; updates will come as frequently as possible.

Demons

Prologue

Dean stood in the middle of the abandoned field, kneeling by the Impala, his face all busted up from his brother, or more so Lucifer, punching his lights out. He felt tears stinging in his eyes, streaming down his cheeks, stinging the cuts as they went. This was terrible, he was all alone, Bobby was on the ground with a broken neck and Castiel had disappeared. It had only been a few minutes since he saw his brother Sam and his half-brother Adam fall into the pit, Adam having given himself up at Michael’s vessel. He shook his head, going to pick himself up off the ground before feeling two fingertips on his face.

He looked up to see Castiel standing there, a blank expression on his face, as usual. Dean trembled at the sight of him, knowing that he wasn’t completely alone. Castiel then made his way over to Bobby and placed his fingertips on his neck, healing it. He finally pulled himself off of his knees and looked around, already missing his younger brother. This is was torture, being without Sam. Shaking his head, he pulled the keys to the Impala out of his jacket, staring at the two men he had left in this world.

“I’m leaving; please don’t bother following me or contacting me. The last thing Sam wanted me to do was move on from this and try to get the normal life him and I always wanted and I’m going to do just that,” Dean said, his voice filled with sadness as he pulled open the door to his most prized possession, getting inside, starting his baby up.

His eyes wandered over the dash and he ran his hands over the smooth steering wheel. He knew that being normal would mean leaving his baby behind, there were too many family memories contained in this vehicle and none of those people were still living. Shaking his head, he put the car into drive and did a circle in the field before heading back out onto the open road, biting down on his bottom lip. His brother was gone, Sammy was gone and the one thing he had promised his father when he died was that he’d take care of him.

Sure Dean had gone to hell for Sam before, but now that he was back, he still found it important that he continued on with his dad’s wishes. He lifted his hand to wipe the tears that had started to make their way down his cheeks again, cupping his nose so that his fingers wiped down one cheek and his palm wiped down the other.

“Dammit, Sammy, how could you leave me alone?” he muttered to himself, shaking his head again.

The start of his new life was going to be extremely difficult considering he would have no connections to his old one, but that was the way Sam wanted it, for him to put the family business behind him. But it wasn’t really a family business when the rest of the family was dead, was it?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a short start, but I really just wanted to get this story out there.
I'm really excited for this since I haven't tried to write a story in two years or more.
The other chapters will be longer than this one, of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.
But I just wanted to get some feedback before I continued on with it.

So please, comment, recommend, subscribe.
Thank you for reading as well. :)