What Do You Want

Just One More Time

"You are insane, you know that right," Zayn said to me, as I peered over the wheel of the car we were in. He wore a leather jacket and a plain red t-shirt and dark washed jeans with his hair styled in it's normal manner. His brown eyes glanced at me and he chuckled a bit. I was nervous, my hands were gripping the wheel so tight, blood circulation had been lost. "Go on, Niall, I'll be right here if she breaks your heart." He clapped me on the shoulder and started pushing me gently.

I swallowed, why was I being such a chicken?

"I can't, let's go back to my house," I began, shaking my head about to turn the key in the ignition, but Zayn stopped me. "This is a bad idea, she'll refuse and I'll just be depressed. I don't want to be depressed." Trying to twist the key, Zayn gripped my wrist and peeled it off the keys.

"You're being a baby, go!" he grumbled, opening up the driver's side door. I looked at him with my bright blue eyes and ruffled up my blonde hair. I knew I should have brought Louis or Harry instead. "Go you coward." He waved me off and I muttered a few curses as I unbuckled my seatbelt and started to climb out of the car.

I was about to slide out when I turned back to look at Zayn. He snapped his fingers and pointed to her apartment building. He knew that I was easily broken hearted and, yet here he was pushing me to take a leap of faith with a girl I had only met a couple of weeks ago.

"You're asking her on a date, mate, not to marry you," Zayn chuckled, leaning over to look up at me as I stood beside the car. I glanced at him and gripped the door of the car. He was right, it was just a date. Licking my lips, I took in a deep breath and made my way towards the front door of her flat. My heart pounded hard against my chest, I could feel the blood rushing to my face, and I just knew I would probably end up running away the moment I knocked on her door.

"Just knock on the door and ask her," I whispered to myself as I slowly made my way to the door. The journey seemed like a thousand miles, but it was a mere twenty steps. I stood five steps away from the door, staring at it like a weirdo. My eyes drifted over to Zayn in the car, who was getsuring for me to go up to the door and knock. Really should have brought someone other than him. If I didn't go knock on the door, I know he will get out, knock for me, and do a tuck and roll into the bushes.

Biting my lip, I took a few steps closer. There I was at her door, my hands at my side, and my heart was quite literally about to burst from my chest. I had no idea why I was so nervous, she was a nice girl and very beautiful, funny, charming, and all those qualities that I like. She had a passion for food and we had talked for almost two hours that one day at the photo shoot that she was helping us out with. To my knowledge she was a single girl that loved to have fun, so asking her out should have been simple. Yeah right!

My blood was pulsing, I could hear it. Just as I lifted my hand to knock on the door, I froze. Just on the other side of the door, I could hear her laughing. Oh, she had such a cute laugh. To Zayn I must have looked mental since I was unmoving like a statue. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to move.

"Hey, I would like to go home before Christmas!" Zayn hollered from the car, making me jump a bit.

"Okay, okay," I muttered, knocking on her door. My heart skipped a beat, did I just knock on her door? "Oh Lord!" I squeaked about to take off, but the door had come open before I could run away like the chicken I was.

"Niall? What do you want?" she asked with a warm smile. "Oh that sounded a bit rude, but it is 11:30 at night."

This is going sound stupid, but Zayn and I had gotten here at eleven on the dot, it's just taken me thirty minutes to sum up the guts to get over here. Now I couldn't even open my mouth to speak to her. If she denied me, I would not be surprised.

"Right," I croaked out, feeling like a moron. "I uh..." I trailed off, not knowing what the heck to say.

She titled to her head slightly, watching me with those dazzling green eyes she had. Her long brunette hair were in loose curls, cascading down her shoulders like some sort of chocolate fountain. Her slender figure covered by her polka dot pajama bottoms and pink tak top were pressed against her door. Is it possible for the heart to explode with fear?

"Are you alright? You're a little red," she explained to me, gesturing to my cheeks and forehead. I felt sweaty, sticky, and gross like I was about to pass out or maybe even die. "Niall?" she questioned me with a little laugh. Damn, I'm so screwed.

"Um, yeah, I'm okay." I tugged at my blue sweater and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. Suddenly my white shoes became very interesting to me. Why did I have to be so scared, she was being so kind and welcoming. "I'm sorry about coming here so late."

"Well, you must have a good reason, right?" she asked me.

"I do," I replied, clearing my throat.

"Then what?" she asked, smiling at me. I bet she could sense my nervousness. My phone started going off in my pant's pocket. Jumping I bit, I pulled it out to glance at the screen. "Is that Zayn in the car? Is he texting you?" she asked, her eyes locked on the car.

"I...I..." I wanted to just crawl in a hole and die.

"Hello Zayn! How are you?" she called out, waving her arms in the air. Yeah, I just wanted to run away now. I looked at my phone, the message was from Zayn.

In big bold letters it said, ASK HER OUT DAMNIT! Oh and tell her I said hi.

I wanted to slap myself.

"Did you boys need something? I was actually baking some cookies, want some?" she asked about to go in, but I stopped her. She looked at me curiously and I hit my forehead a few times with my palm. "Okay, just say whatever you need, I'll be right in here." She pointed to her couch and wondered back in. I swallowed and watched her sit down, crossing her legs and munching on some delicious smelling chocolate chunk cookies.

My stomach grumbled and my mouth watered. My phone buzzed again and I pulled it out. On the screen, Zayn's name flashed. I hit the answer button and put it to my ear. "Seriously, this is embarrassing!"

I quickly hung up and stuffed the phone back into my pocket.

"Ellie," I began, but my voice cracked a bit.

"Would you like some water?" she asked with a laugh, brushing her hair behind her ear. I just wanted to grab the door and pull it close.

"Can I shut the door?" I asked sheepishly, twiddling my thumbs around.

"You want to close the door?" she asked with a quizzical brow.

I nodded and she blinked a few times. This had to be the most ridiculous way to ask a girl out, but I just couldn't get the words out of my mouth. It would open, but close and I seemed more like a bored fish.

"Oh, well sure," she paused for a moment. "Are you going to just stand out there?" Ellie asked, getting off her couch.

"Yes, well I mean..." I was doing that opening and closing of my mouth again. Zayn was probably slamming his head into the dashboard by now. We had practiced this, I had no idea why this was so damn hard. Maybe it was the fact I was scared of rejection, I mean this girl was everything I wanted in a girl. Beautiful, smart, funny, charming, long hair, glittering eyes, perfect skin, and loved food just as much as I did.

"I'll shut the door then," she replied, walking forth to close the door. When it closed I felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders.

"Will you go out with me, Ellie Ross?" I asked her in a loud, firm voice. She probably thought I was someone else since that was the first clear sentence I had said to her since she opened her door to me.

"What do you want?" Ellie's voice came, a little muffled through the door.

"I want you to go out with me." I felt my heart pounding against my chest, I found myself crossing my fingers and praying she would say yes to me. As I was waiting for her answer it felt like an eternity was sailing by.

"May I open the door now?" she asked me.

"Yes, please do," I told her, wanting to see the look on her face. As the door came open, I licked my lips and stared into her adoring eyes that were glittering like diamonds. She just looked so gorgeous as she stood there in the dim light of her flat with the moon giving a romantic glow to the rest of the area. "So?" I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"You came here at 11:30 PM with Zayn to ask me out through a door?" she asked, trying to fight her urge to smile, I could tell by the corners of her mouth twitching.

"I'm so pathetic," I mumbled, letting my head sink between my shoulders. The concrete ground suddenly having so many interesting things to stare at. Ellie began to laugh, a loud hyena like laugh. One of the other qualities I found absolutely adorable and endearing about her. "Okay, I'll talk that as a no..." I sighed, about to turn tail and run like a heart puppy dog.

"No! Don't go, I'm sorry," she called out, grabbing my forearm. I stopped and looked over at her, she had a genuine smile on her face. "Niall you are the biggest hopeless romantic I know, and you are the cutest and sexiest boy I have ever met. And I would be honored to go on a date with you."

"Really?" I asked in total surprise.

"Yes, your quirky romantic-ness is one of my favorite qualities about you," Ellie smiled brightly, making me want to run up to her and sweep her off her feet. "I kinda sorta wanted you to ask me out since we first met a couple of weeks ago." She shrugged her shoulders and I felt my heart skip a beat, she wanted me to ask her out. Me!

"Would it be too bold if I hugged you?" I asked her.

She shook her head and opened up her arms to me. I grabbed her hands and pulled her into me. She laughed a bit and hugged me back tightly. After a few moments, we pulled apart and she smiled up at me. Call me crazy, but I leaned forward and pressed my lips onto hers. It felt so right to me. We may have only known each other for a couple of weeks or so, but I felt like we belonged together.

She kissed back, but after a few seconds, she pulled away and looked up at me. Her face was very, very red. I stared at her, watching her eyes stare right back into mine.

"That may have been too bold, Mr. Horan," she whispered to me as she got on her tip-toes and pressed her lips back against mine. This girl, she was amazing. We slowly pulled apart, her eyes were still closed when I opened mine. Smiling down at her I brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. She opened her eyes and looked up at me, giggling a bit. "Tomorrow, seven o'clock."

"I'll be waiting outside your door," I told her, pressing my lips against hers just one more time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you thought of this story.
It is entered in a contest, hopefully I will place.
Thanks for reading this super duper, fluffy story!