Status: Work in progressssss :)

Teach Me How to Read These Broken Lines

Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter had a child. Did he know this? No, of course not. He flew a plane into the ocean to save countless lives and 'died' before he could find out.

Not only did the child have his father's bright blue eyes and beautiful blond hair, but also his enhancements or at least some of them. It seemed that because the serum was passed instead of injected, the traits were not quite as strong as those of his deceased (or sleeping rather) father.

So when Steven Rogers Jr.'s wife was pregnant with his own child, he was sure that the chances of them being normal would be much greater. The serum seemed to decrease down the bloodline.

And he was right about the latter, but his daughter, Charlotte, was far from normal.

Throughout the years, the extent of her grandfather's legacy showed through: her scrapped knee healing itself when she was a mere five years old, being noticeably faster than the other girls in soccer, and at the age of fifteen, only feeling buzzed from alcohol rather than full blown shit faced like she should have been.

It was no surprise to her when S.H.I.E.L.D. found her at sixteen. She wasn't exactly hiding or anything, not that it would matter too much. The organization knew everything.

She worked under Nick Fury for four years before going completely off the grid and she was sure that S.H.I.E.L.D was unaware of where she was, considering no one ever went after her. She has lived the past four years on the move, never staying in any place too long. That's how she'd be sucked back into the life. She wasn't the hero her grandfather was, she couldn't live up to the expectations.

About a year ago she caught wind of the attack on New York City and the fact that her grandfather wasn't dead. It genuinely surprised her that Fury hadn't retrieved her in an attempt to reunite the two. It was probably for the best anyway, she didn't want to see him.

"Charlotte Rogers," The familiar voice made Charlie stop dead in her tracks.

She let out a sigh, running a hand through the thick hair she had inherited from her grandmother. "You found me." Her tone was calm, not surprised like Nick had been expecting.

A chuckle escaped his lips. "I think you underestimate the organization, Ms. Rogers. We never lost you."