Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

It May Not Be This Move, But It Will Be Soon

I closed my eyes as I laid my head against the cool passenger seat window, wishing sleep to overcome my mind while I listened to HIM play on repeat on my iPod.

My name is Zhenya Emrys Crystin, I`m seventeen years old and my dad is making me move from Las Vegas, Nevada to San Diego, California. And if you are wondering why my name is so damn weird, its because my mom, who chose my first name, is Russian and my dad is Welsh. My dad chose my middle name and of course I have his last name.

My dad decided it was time to move because of my mother`s death, though it was almost two years ago. And he decided to move on the anniversary of her death, I might add. So the stress and depression I am under right now is almost unbearable. But I have learned to deal with it for the sake of my father.

But there`s also another reason my dad decided to move: my mother`s death and the woman driving the car I`m sitting in. Her name is Kate. She`s 5`6 -5`9 in the designer heels she`s constantly wearing- and she has long blonde hair. She`s tan, has bright blue eyes and only wears designer things. In other words, Kate is a rich bitch, gold digger that only wants my dad for more money.

I know what you`re thinking, I`m only saying these things because I don`t want a new mom, right? Wrong! Iv`e heard her talking on the phone about how she can`t wait till my dad dies so she can have all his money and she can ship me off. So yeah, I have the right to hate her and think she`s not good enough for my dad. Hell, I know she isn`t good enough for my dad.

A tap on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts and I unwillingly took out one of my headphones and looked over at Kate.

"We`re stopping at a gas station. Do you want to get out? Maybe get something to eat?"

I mentally groaned. "Do I have a choice?"

"No. Now get out of the damn car."

I groaned and unbuckled my seat belt. I glared at Kate as I stuffed my iPod into my pocket and got out of the car, pretty much slamming the door. I looked around the gas station as I leaned against the car, watching my dad put gas in the U-HAUL.

Iv`e tried telling my dad about how much of a gold digger Kate is, But my dad just waves it off; saying that I don`t mean that and I just haven`t gotten used to her. Its been seven months since they got together. When will he learn that I will never got used to her?

"Would you just cheer up for five minutes?" Kate asked as she filled the car up with gas.

I looked at her over my shoulder, "No, I have to be around you for another three hours. And my dad is making me move because of your slutty ass."

"How dare you talk to me that way! You will respect me, do you understand?" Kate hissed at me, clearly pissed off.

"I don`t respect anyone who doesn`t respect me. Now, if you need me I`ll be looking for a snack," I said as I flipped her off and stuck a headphone in my ear and started walking to the little store across from the gas pumps.

As I walked into the store I pushed my dark sunglasses up onto my head and rolled my eyes at the look I got from the old man working behind the counter. I was used to the weird looks I got because of the way I dress. Though it does get annoying at times when people look at you like you are the anti Christ. I`m not that bad!

I looked around the little store for a few minutes then went over to the candy. I grabbed two candy bars, three packs of gummy worms and four different kinds of random sour candy. I then went over to the little fridge section and got two Coca-Cola`s. I went over to the counter and checked out, quickly paying for everything. The old man put my things in a bag and handed them to me with a shaky hand. I wasn`t sure if it was because of old age or another reason.

I thanked the man and walked out of the small store, going over to the car and getting in just as Kate was going to the little store to pay for gas, along with my dad. I sat in the car and pulled my sunglasses down to cover my eyes from the setting sun. I put my headphones back into my ears and ripped into the pack of gummy worms as I waited for Kate to get back into the car so we could go.

Five minutes later the driver side door opened and Kate slid into the car. "Alright brat, let`s get going." I rolled my eyes and tuned her out as she turned on the car. That woman....ugh I swear one day she`s going to piss me off so much that it`ll push me over the edge.

I`m sure you`re thinking how immature it is to be pissed at her over something stupid, but it`s been going on since I met her. She criticizes everything I do and is constantly talking down to me. So yes, one day that woman will go too far. And I`m afraid that day will be soon. It may not be on this move, but it will be soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is a bit boring but it is only the first chapter and I wanted it to convey some of Zhenya`s feelings about moving and about Kate. I have half of chapter three already written up so chapter two should be up next week if I don`t have anything going on. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. It would mean a lot. Thank you! :)

Zhenya`s outfit.