Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

"She Brings Down The Moon."

I ran all the way to Vic`s house and I ran up to his door. To say I was out of breath by the time I knocked on the front door was an understatement. I`m not used to running so much. It`s not like I`m not in shape, because I am. Sort of.

"Whoa! Zhenya, are you okay?" I looked up to see Tony at the front door, looking worried.

"Yeah, I`m just not used to running."

"Why did you run all the way here?" Tony asked, moving out of the way so I could get in the house.

"I just wanted to get out of the house as soon as I could," I murmured as I walked into the house. I followed Tony into the living room where Vic and Mike were sitting on the couch.

"Is Jaime here?" I asked, wondering where the funny boy was.

"In here!" Jaime called from the kitchen, making me smile.

I looked back over at the living room and my smile grew when I saw Mike open his arms for me, a slightly worried look on his face. I walked over to the couch and plopped down on his lap, feeling his arms wrap around my waist.

"So, what`s this I hear about you running away?" Mike asked softly.

I let out a sigh, "I didn`t run away, exactly. I wanted to get out of the house as fast as I could so I ran here."

"That still sound`s like running away," Vic pointed out.

"Yeah. I guess it does," I mumbled, laying my head on Mike`s shoulder.

Only a few minutes later Jaime walked out of the kitchen with a sandwich and sat down by Tony.

"So, what happened?" Jaime asked after taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"They`re just driving me crazy. You know what, let`s not talk about all this. I feel like I`m coming to you guy`s with all my problems," I replied with a slight shrug.

"Well you kind of are," Tony stated teasingly.

"Shut up," I mumbled with a slight smile, picking up a pillow that was beside Vic and threw it at Tony, making everyone laugh.

"How about we go somewhere?" Vic asked after he finally stopped laughing.

"Sounds good. But where would we go?" I asked, happy we were getting off the topic of my family.

"Well, we`ve already been to the beach and from what I heard Kate is at the mall all the time so that`s out of the question," Jaime asked between bites of his sandwich.

"Skate park?" Tony suggested with a hopeful look on his face.

"I can`t skate," I confessed with a slight laugh.

"I can teach you!"

I nodded at Tony`s words with a laugh. I`m sure skating would ensure falling on my face and a lot of bruises but it would keep my mind off my family life and I would be having fun with my friends, so I guess the bruises would be worth it.

"Who`s car are we taking?" I questioned, laying my head back on Mike`s shoulder.

"Oh we aren`t. The skate park is about ten minutes away, fifteen depending on the way you go. We normally just walk there," Vic said while getting off the couch.

Tony got up as well and followed Vic into the kitchen. Jaime wolfed down his sandwich, trust me that is the only way I can describe how he was eating that. He then got up and grabbed one of my hands, pulling me off Mike`s lap, making the man I was sitting on pout.

Vic and Tony walked out of the kitchen, Tony holding two skateboards and Vic holding one. Tony handed one of them to Jaime and we all walked out of the house. Mike ran to the backyard and walked back out to the front minutes later with a black bicycle in tow.

Jaime, Tony and Vic got on their skateboards and Mike looked at me with a grin then looked down at his bike. Was he saying what I think he was saying?

"You`re saying what I think you`re saying, aren`t you?" I asked softly.

"Yep. On the handlebars, Baby Girl," Mike said while getting on his bike.

"Oh no. Not happening."

"I won`t let you fall or anything. I promise."

I bit my lip and stared at the bike for a few minutes then sighed and nodded. I trusted Mike more than I should, I know. But life is about having fun and trying new things, right? Yeah probably not. But I need to make the most of my time with the guys. Who know`s how long I have with them before my dad finds out and does everything he can to keep me away from them.

"Don`t worry. I`ll take care of you, Baby Girl."

I nodded at Mike`s words and carefully hopped on the handlebars, holding on tightly. I felt Mike kiss the top of my head before sitting back down. Within a few minutes the bike started to move and we were off. Thankfully we weren`t wobbling too bad and that made me put just a bit more trust in Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must admit I`m a bit disappointed. I have a ton of readers, eight recs, thirty something subscribers, but only three comments. That doesn`t seem right to me. Please start commenting! I actually like reading comments and seeing what you have to say. It makes me want to keep updating. Now that I am done begging, I highly recommend listen to Acey Slade and the Dark Party. They are an amazing band and definitely need to have more attention. Not only did their song She Brings Down The Moon inspire this chapter it`s one of my favorite songs. Anyway, please comment and let me know what you think. It honestly does mean a lot to hear what you have to say. Also, don`t forget to check out that band. Thank you! :)