Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

"Such Great Friends?"

By the time we got to Vic`s house I was blinking back tears. Kate`s words were finally settling in. Her words, "I may not be yet" kept echoing through my mind. She was planning on being my step mom. But as far as I knew my father hadn`t proposed or even considered it. I guess that didn`t matter to her.

"Ze? Ze what`s wrong?" Mike asked as he sat me down on the couch. He must of seen me trying not to cry.

"Kate is planning on being my step mom," I answered softly, my voice cracking a bit at the end.

Mike frowned and sat on the couch, pulling me into his lap. "Oh baby..That`s...your dad isn`t going to let that happen. He`s going to see how unhappy she is making you and the relationship won`t last."

"But what if it does last and he remains as blind as ever? If she becomes my step mother she`ll do everything in her power to make my life a living hell."

"Maybe she`s just trying to scare you by saying that?" Tony suggested, sitting on the floor by my feet, Vic and Jaime taking a seat on ether side of me and Mike.

"Well it`s fucking working," I mumbled, burying my face in the crook of Mike`s neck, feeling his arms tighten around me.

"Don`t let it. Don`t give that bitch the satisfaction of knowing she got to you," Vic said, more than likely trying to make me feel better. It wasn`t working.

"Vic`s right. Don`t let her get to you. Show her that you`re the better person." Jaime encouraged with a slowly forming grin.

"What the hell did I do to deserve such great friends?" I asked softly, pulling my head away from Mike`s neck to look at all of them.

"I think we`ve all been thinking the same thing," Tony answered, gently patting my knee while getting a chorus of agreement from the rest of the guys.

"Okay, okay. I just need to know one thing and I want you all to be completely honest. Does my age bother you guys?"

"Yes and no. Yes because it annoys us that you don`t have free will. You have to ask your dad to come over here. And no because most of the time you don`t act your age. Plus we`re all pretty childish when we want to be," Mike answered, giving my waist a soft squeeze.

"Good. Now, how about we get off the topic of my life?" I asked, smiling a bit.

After four hours, three movies, four bags of popcorn each, and five phone calls from my dad I was doing my best to stay awake while I was curled up in Mike`s lap. This man was unrealistically comfortable. I mean, how can somebody so skinny be so damn comfortable?

"Do you want to go to bed?" Mike asked as I yawned. Again.

"Where would I sleep?"

"On his lap," Jaime said jokingly.

"Funny. No, you can stay in my room. I would suggest you taking the guest room but it`s filled with boxes and music shit," Mike said.

"Where would you sleep?" I asked, yawning again.

"On the couch I guess."

"I don`t want to kick you out of your bed, though."

"Why don`t you guys just sleep in the same bed? You snuggle a lot anyway," Tony suggested, looking like he was going to fall asleep as well.

"I don`t mind if you don`t. My bed is big enough so there`s plenty of room," Mike said.

I shrugged and yawned again, "I guess."

"Alright, let`s get you to bed."

I nodded and got off his lap before climbing onto Mike`s back, letting him carry me to his room after I told everyone goodnight. He carried me down a hall then took a left and opened a door, walking inside before kicking the door shut and turning the light on. Mike`s room was an off white with a dark brown floor. There was an open closet door on the left with a small black dresser next to it. There was a bed pushed against the right wall and a dark brown night stand was next to it with a small black lamp. The bed had dark brown sheets, black blankets and two pillows, one black and one dark brown.

Mike carried me over to his bed and dropped me down on it and went over to his closet. I yawned and pulled off my shoes and looked back at the closet. He threw a Led Zeppelin shirt at me and a pair of folded boxers, I took that as I sign they were clean. He grabbed a pair of sleep pants and kissed my forehead.

"I`m gonna change in the bathroom, okay? Open the door when your done changing," Mike said before leaving the room.

I climbed off the bed and stripped, putting on the clothes Mike gave me. I put my clothes in a pile on the floor by the laundry hamper and opened the door, sitting back on his bed. After a few minutes he walked into the room and shut the door, throwing his clothes in the hamper. Mike sat on the bed and pulled the covers back, climbing under the covers. I climbed under the covers with a yawn and laid down, curling up. He chuckled and pulled the blankets over us.

"Good night, Ze. Maybe things will be better in the morning," Mike whispered then kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, Mike. I hope you`re right," I whispered back as I closed my eyes and curled up to him, letting sleep pull me under.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mike and Zhenya will be getting together after she turns eighteen! It won`t be right away, but it will happen. This chapter is sort of a filler, and I`m sorry about that, but they are getting closer. Thank you for the comments, recommendations and subscriptions! You guys are amazing! Please keep at it. I love reading new comments and hearing what you all have to say. Thank you!