Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

Die In Beautiful Stars Tonight

I was awakened by Kate at around seven at night, telling me that we were at the house. To say I was annoyed with being woken up was an understatement. But at least we were finally at the house and I didn`t have to be in the same car as Ms. Gold Digger. And yes, that is my secret name for her. I would say it to her face, but she would only tell my dad and I didn`t need that drama right now.

I pulled my headphones from my ears, stuffed my iPod into my pocket and got out of the car. I looked around at my surroundings for a minute then settled my gaze on the new- excuse me, our new house. I`ll admit it, the house wasn`t that bad. It was a new cream color with light green shutters and a bright white door. It was also two story with what looked like two bedrooms on the upstairs level, judging by the two windows. The porch looked nice, it had a light brown swing hanging on the left and the railing was a darker creamy tan color. Like I said, it was nice. Its not exactly something I would buy, but its still nice.

When I heard the A-HUAL pull up and turn off I looked over at it, smiling when I saw my dad get out of it. He was tall with tan skin. He had short black ish brown hair and dark blue eyes. All in all, he still looked good for a guy that just turned forty.

"What do you think kiddo?" My dad asked as he walked over to me and slung his arm over my shoulder, something he had done since I was a kid.

"Its okay. Its not exactly home, but its okay."

"I know this is hard, but you`ll get used to it. Soon this place will feel just like home. Or half way like home."

"Whatever you say dad. Whatever you say."

He grinned at me and patted my back, "That a girl. Come on, let`s go get everything into the house."

"You expect us to get all that into the house, tonight?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He laughed and shook his head, "No. Just a couple boxes of clothes and the blow up mattress` so we can get ready for tomorrow. Then we can get everything in the house."

"Come on honey, help me with this stuff!" Kate called, opening up the A-HAUL. I couldn`t help but roll my eyes at her words.

"Go and help her dad before she breaks a nail."

My dad chuckled and shook his head before walking over to help Kate. I watched them for a few minutes then decided it would be best to help. After almost three hours we got nine boxes, two blow up mattress`, a couch and a T.V. into the house. It was then that we decided to call it a night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning my dad woke me up at nine and told me to jump in the shower while he made a run to Wendy`s then we would start moving everything into the house. So I took a shower and got dressed, happy I got some of the things I truly needed into the house last night so I could get ready.

After getting ready I ate Wendy`s, ignoring Kate`s remarks about how gross the food was and how it wasn`t breakfast. That woman needs to learn more if she wants to even think about being part of this family. Breakfast for us was whatever we wanted, she needed to deal with it.

"Time to get to work," Dad said as he threw away the trash from breakfast.

"Honey, I was thinking maybe, after we finished getting everything unpacked, I could take Zhenya to the mall. You know, so we can get to know each other better."

I growled at her words and glared at her. I opened my mouth to reject her offer but dad beat me to saying anything.

"I think that`s a wonderful idea. You used to live in San Diego, you can show her around. Why don`t you guys make a whole day of it?"

"My thoughts exactly, darling."

"Um...do I have any say in this?"

"Oh, I`m sorry Zhenya. I thought you would want to go. Besides, it`s already been decided."

"Sorry kiddo. But this will be good for you two," My dad said as he walked out the front door. Kate smirked at me and followed my dad out the door. I swear I`m going to end up killing that women if she keeps it up.

I slowly followed them out of the house, my headphones in ears and my iPod in my pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually wasn`t sure if I would be able to post a new chapter this week. My grandma was in the hospital again with fluid on her lungs and congestive heart failure. Two things that she has had for a while. But on the bright side she is out of the hospital now and is on medicine that will hopefully help with the fluid on her lungs. Anyway, if nothing happens with my grandma I`ll be posting chapter three next week. Also, Mike will show up in chapter three and the rest of Pierce The Veil will show up in chapter Four. Speaking of chapter four, I`m going to try and start working on it tonight. Thank you to the person that commented on the last chapter. Please comment and let me know what you think of this chapter. Thank you!

Zhenya`s outfit.