Status: Completed

Tears in Vegas

"Taken By, Taken By The Sky."

"Hey, Zee?" Mike whispered in my ear.

"Yeah?" I asked, turned my head a bit so I could see him. He bit his lip as he looked at me. He looked surprisingly nervous. Though what surprised me even more than that was when he pressed his lips against mine.

And of course I just sat there, like an idiot, in complete shock. Mike was kissing me. Me of all people! Sure, I knew we were close and he`s been acting weird lately. But I didn`t think he would kiss me. Don`t get me wrong, it was very enjoyable. Oh wait, I`m not kissing back am I?

Mike pulled back with a frown on his face. "I um..I`m sorry. I shouldn`t of done that."

I quickly shook my head and sat up a bit, twisting to face him better. "No, no. You shouldn`t be. I should be. It`s not that I didn`t want to kiss back I was just...very, very shocked. I didn`t even know you liked me that way."

"Are you serious? Iv`e been dropping hints left and right! I like you more than a friend, Zhenya. I have for a while now."

I stared at him for a minute before slowly nodding. "You`re being completely serious, aren`t you?"

He groaned, throwing his head back in an overly dramatic fashion. "What do I have to do to prove how much I like you?" He asked as he looked back at me.

I bit my lip and smiled softly. "Kiss me again?"

Mike grinned and nodded. He cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips against mine. And this time I did kiss back. A lot. We continued to kiss until we were both breathless, panting as we rested our foreheads against each other. We just sat there, looking into each other`s eyes. It was strange but it felt....right.

"What are we going to do now?" I whispered after I finally caught my breath a few minutes later.

Mike shrugged and grinned at me, "Whatever you want."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, moving closer. "But what do you want?"

"I think I want you to be mine."

I raised an eyebrow at his reply and pulled away a bit. "You what? Is this your weird way of asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He gave me a sheepish but adorable smile. "Possibly."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Mike, it`s either yes or no. I`m not doing a damn thing on a 'Possibly' or an 'I think so'. It doesn`t work that way with me. You should know that by now."

Mike smirked at me and before I knew what happened I was on my back with him hovering over me, our lips pressed together. When the kiss broke he grinned down at me. "I want to take you out on those cheesy little dates, take you down to the beach without the guys, lounge around with you all day, and watch you bake with my mom. So yes Ze, I want you to be my girlfriend."

I couldn`t help it. For some reason I let out a silly little giggle at his answer. "Ask me properly."

He groaned playfully but nodded. "Zhenya, will you please be my girlfriend?"

When I opened my mouth to answer he started tickling my sides, making me laugh uncontrollably. Though I tried to stay quite so we wouldn`t wake up Mama and Papa, I doubt it worked because of how hard he was making me laugh. By the time he stopped my sides hurt and I was reduced to giggles. After a few minutes of just laying there under him I somewhat caught my breath, though still giggling, I finally gave him a slightly breathless answer, "Yes."

"Yes? You`ll be my girlfriend?" Mike asked with a grin.

I simply nodded, doing my best to stop giggling and completely get my breath back. But that didn`t exactly work out because he started kissing me again. Not that I minded.

"The guys are going to kill us, aren`t they?" I mumbled after we pulled apart.

Mike grinned and shrugged. "Possibly. My parent`s will be happy though. Especially my mom. She already thinks of you as her daughter."

I smiled and pecked his lips. There was definitely going to be a difficult road ahead. The boys were going on tour soon and I still hadn`t talked to my dad about going. I was going to have to endure more teasing from the other boys. That is, if they didn`t throttle Mike first. And then there was the subject of my dad finding out about my relationship. This was definitely going to be interesting. I just hope Mike comes out as unscratched as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I`m so, so sorry it`s been so long since I last updated. And I`m sorry it`s a short chapter. It`s just been really hard to write anything happy with everything going on. But I have good news! My grandpa does have cancer but he`s responding well to chemo and he`s even at home right now. Even though he is still pretty weak. I`ll do my best to update at least twice this year. Thank you all for patiently waiting for this update and being so understanding. Please comment and let me know what you think of this chapter. Thank you!