Status: From Ficwad and BlackVeilBridesFiction.com

Rise From Your Grave

Chapter 2

What the necromancer had brought out of the graveyard, and put into her car was a shriveled corpse. What sat next to her was a rather good-looking young man. The same unholy glow was in his eyes. The gash in his throat however, had not healed. It was blood, though whether that was from the corpse itself or just the blood she had poured into his mouth, she couldn't tell.

Getting out, she opened the gate, before getting back into the car and driving into the abandoned farmstead. The gate slammed shut after she was insdie. The duet were bounced along as they drew closer to their destination. The road was overgorwn, no path really being in existence, only the crushed down grass that'd been driven over many times before. Because of this, they were down to a crawl.

Eventually, they arrived up at the farmhouse itself. It looked like it was going to fall apart at any minute. They drove around it instead, circling around to the back. There, some several feet away from the house, was a barn, and on one side, an open shed of sorts.

A small hut stood on the side opposite the shed. Together, the 4 structures formed a sort of courtyard, composed of weed choked dirt. A shell of an SUV lay beached like a giant whale in the courtyard, off to one side, devoid of tires. Vines tangled around the axles, keeping it anchored.

In front of this rusted out wreck the Necromancer drew the car to a halt and killed the engine. While the SUV was easilt 300 years younger than the car, it looked a lot older. The sudden silence was deafening, and the night seemed so much darker. She got out, running around to the other side of the car, opening the door for the corpse. It clambered out, nearly falling over in the porcess. Unfolding itself, it was nearly a foot taller than she was. With a shrug, she took it by the elbow, steering it in front of the wreck.

She gave the old SUV a hard kick, right over the faded logo on the grille. The hood sprang up on well oiled hinges, rigged up as a perfect door, soundlessly, to reveal a flight of unlit steps going down into the ground. Together, the two journeyed down the stairs, to an underground labyrinth.
After following many hallways and through quite a few rooms, they finally ended up in a room that looked like it could be that of a medical examiner, with steel lockers lining the walls, and 5 large stell examining tables lined up parallel in the middle of the room with ample space between each.

The Necromancer led the corpse to the nearest table, which had a small step stoll next to it and said, "Well, go on. Get up there!" The corpse, regenerated as it was, including eyes, gave her a glare, and it's mouth moved as though to speak, but only gurgling came out. "I get it, you don't gell like being dissected." She said. Still, the corpse didn't move. "Geeze... I do have to stitch up your throat, you know." She said, impatiently tapping her (small) foot.

IT gave her a look that said if she did try dissecting it, she would be in for a world of pain before it used the stool to awkwardly climb onto the table. It's muscles might still be a bit dehydrated. "Good. I'll be right back." She said, walking out of the room. As she did, she wondered idly why she was treating the corpse (even though it was regenerated, it was a dead body) as thoug hit were a mute human, which it wasn't (well wasn't much), and not her undead servant, which it definitely was.

She came to the conclusion that it'd been so long since she'd been around other people that she was either really fucking lonely, or going insane, or maybe something of the sweet young girl she used to be was somehow still in existence and showing through. The last of these 3 semmed the most unlikely, but also the scariest.

When she retured in several minutes, anti bacterial cream, disinfectant, clean bandages and gauze and cotton balls in arm, she had to stifle a laugh. The corpse was laying on the table, but his hands were behing his head, in an almost cocky manner. Maybe he, too, was regaining something of who he was.