Status: Updated as often as possible. :)

The Dead Are Living

Chapter 3

“Hey man, wake up,” I heard. I looked over and saw Kellin smiling at me. Fuck, I thought he would get the hint.

“What,” I groaned.

“We’re about to land, I’m so excited,” he beamed.

“Oh, great, my favorite part,” I mumbled. The ride started getting rather bumpy afterwards. I sat and stared out my window clutching the ugly blue seats. I hated planes and right now I really disliked Kellin for waking me up.

He seemed too happy about everything. He was always smiling. In fact, I bet he’s smiling right now. I looked over and sure enough, he was.

“Why do you smile so much? It’s kind of creepy,” I said a bit bluntly.

His smile faltered and he looked down at his feet. “I don’t know..” Fuck, now I hurt his feelings.

“Shit, I’m sorry bro, I didn’t mean it like that,” I said as I patted his leg. He looked up at me and smiled.

“Really?” I just nodded and continued starring out the window. When we had finally gotten off the plane and out of the airport it was around 10 at night and we were off to get our bus for the rest of the tour.

“Aye Rick, how was your flight with Kellin?” joked Balz.
“Hahaha, you’re so funny,” I said with a sarcastic tone. We were currently following some guy around a lot while he looked for our bus. He finally found it after what seemed like ever and handed Kuza the keys and juust walked away. He was a pretty strange guy.

We unlocked the bus and packed all our stuff in before leaving. I was just sitting down when there was a knock on the bus door. I groaned and answered it, and standing there was Kellin.

“Can I help you?”

“Uh, do you guys have any toilet paper? We weren’t expe-” I grabbed a bag and tossed it to him and slammed the door.

“Hmm.. Much quieter,” I laughed to myself and sat back down on the couch.

“Guys, it’s gunna be a 3 or 4 hours before we get to the venue,” shouted Kuza from the front of the bus. A number of ‘okay’s were thrown towards the front, along with my own.

I opened up my laptop and messed around on the internet for a little while. There wasn’t much to do. Just stuff from fans on Twitter and other sites. Mostly asking about new music and upcoming shows at Warped. Nothing to entertaining.

“Hey Ricky, wanna come watch Sweeny Todd with me in the back?” asked Chris. I smiled and got up and followed him to the back.

Chris has had feelings for me for awhile now. Quite honestly, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have feelings for him as well. We had the unwritten rule that we could never be together. We had feared that it would put our band and friendship in danger. We were both perfectly fine though.

We curled up with each other and turned on the movie. I laid there, silently watching while Chris grinned and played with my hair. I think this year at Warped would be fun. Although things would turn out a lot differently than expected. It was Warped Tour after all.

I had ended up falling asleep in Chris’ lap. When I woke up the bus was silent, the movie was off and the room was dark. Everyone must have went to bed. I stood up and covered Chris with a nearby blanket and walked to the front of the bus.

“Oh hey, you’re awake,” said Kuza quietly.

“Yeah. How much longer do we have?”

“Hmm. Maybe a half hour or so,” he said. “I have to pee, will you drive for a minute?” he asked. I nodded and he pulled the bus over quickly. We swapped out and I began to drive as he ran to the mid section of the bus and slammed the bathroom door.

I was then left alone in my thoughts. Was I rude to Kellin on the plane? Maybe a little too rude. I wasn’t sure. His seemed to vex me though. Maybe I should go and apologize to him next time I see him. I starred at the long empty road for a little while longer before Kuza came back.

“You wanna keep driving? We only have 20 more minutes,” he said as he sat down on the floor next to me. “I’ll read off the directions for you.”

“Okay, sounds good.”