Status: In Progress, finished by the end of the Month <3

Another NaNoWriMo Attempt

Two.

The moon hung low in the sky as Lisa and Tanner snuggled into their sleeping bag. "It's so beautiful out here." she breathed softly, hugging him against her. "Yea." he said, pulling away and taking a puff on his cigarette. The cherry burned brightly in the low light, and Lisa pouted at him before pulling out her cellphone.
Why is he such a jerk to me?, she pressed the submit button, and her status posted for all the world of Facebook to see. She sighed and crawled out of the tent, looking at the camp fire coals glowing dimly and smoldering out. She pulled her phone out, once again: This love is dying just like our shitty campfire. Submit, again. "Why'd we go on this fucking camping trip anyways?" she called to her boyfriend who was still sitting in the mouth of the tent, tapping the ash off the end of his cancer stick.
"Well, who doesn't wanna fuck by the light of the moon, baby?" he grinned and she scoffed.
"You're a pig."
"Aw, I love that dirty talk."
"Fuck off."

Lisa stood and began walking off into the woods, she was sick of his bullshit, and she was sick of being used for sex by every guy that she got involved with. She could hear the brush crunching under her feet and could feel ever rock through her thin flats. The air had a slight chill to it, and her skin was beginning to cover in goose bumps. Why had she come out here with him, she was not a woodsy girl, at all. This was supposed to be their two month anniversary, and she was hoping they'd spend it doing something fun that didn't include Tanner getting his dick wet. Who was she kidding? That's all he cared about.

"Lisa! Lisa!" she heard him screaming through the woods, and ignored his calls.
"Fuck you." she mouthed to herself, kicking a stick and taking a few more steps.
"Lisa?!" she heard him call again, and this time he sounded afraid, maybe even weak. She paused and took a few steps back. "Oh, Lisa. Please come here!" she turned and began running back in his direction, there had to be something seriously wrong. She saw him laying on the ground with what looked like a bullet wound in his shoulder, and she screamed, dropping to her knees next to him.
"Oh my God! Lover! Are you okay?!" she exclaimed girlishly, she heard cracking in the woods around them and screamed again. That's when Tanner began laughing and glancing in that direction.

"Jacob, get out here. I couldn't hold it together, man." Lisa saw Jacob's form appear through the woods, and Tanned peeled off the fake wound, laughing heartily at the look of horror in his girlfriend's eyes.
"You guys are fucking assholes!" She cried, as the two boys laughed at her, slapping hands and sitting down. More people started wandering out of the woods around then, sitting around the campfire, all friends of Tanner's as far as Lisa could tell. She sighed and sat down next to him, crossing her arms across her chest. "If you think you're getting laid anytime in the next... month, fucking forget it."
"Oh. Burn, man." Jacob said, grinning at Lisa. "You know, this asshole doesn't deserve a babe like you. It was all his idea, I'd be much more of a..." he trailed off licking his lips and looking her up and down like a piece of meat. "Gentleman."
"Whatever, you're more of a dick than he is." Lisa glanced up at words and smiled, seeing her friend Tracy standing on a log and glowing in the light of the moon. She was Jacob's girlfriend, and he was definitely going to be in the doghouse for that one.

"So glad you're here, Trace." Lisa said, hopping up and hugging her friend tightly. "Thought I was going to be all alone here in this sausage fest." her eyes shot daggers at Tanner, before she looked back to her friend. "It was supposed to be a special weekend, but dip shit here had to be a dip shit." she laughed a little and pulled Tracy down on a log next to her. They chatted idly as the boys opened coolers and began passing drinks around, of course this was going to turn into another one of Tanner's drunken fests; things like this always did. She grabbed a beer and cracked it open, taking a long deep drink of it, she'd rather be drunk and upset than sober and watching everyone else have a good time. She was going to make it a good night, no matter what.

Hours passed, and by the time that the moon was high in the sky and darkness had completely enveloped the world, Lisa was trashed. Giggles escaped from her mouth as she tried to chug more beer, and she'd lost sense of up and down. Tanner was stumbling around somewhere, but she no longer cared where he was. She was interested in something a little more taboo tonight, a little more exciting. She didn't know where Tracy was, either, so that was out of the question.
"Hi-eee, Jahcub.." she slurred, falling into his lap. "Ow're you doon, tonight?" her words were almost incoherent, and Jacob, still half sober, just laughed.
"Oh, Lisa, I think it's time that you went to bed."
"No!" she yelled indignantly, tugging out her phone and changing her relationship status. "See! Single!" another bought of giggled escaped from her mouth and she fell out of his lap onto the ground, hugging her phone to her chest and laughing wildly.

That's when the first scream echoed through the night.

Jacob stood, staring down at Lisa and suddenly feeling guilty for hitting on her earlier, it'd given her the wrong idea. He was about to pick her up and carry her to her tent when another scream filled air, and then a loud grunt followed it. Jacob paused, listening and then tearing off in the direction of the noise. He saw Tracy and someone else laying on the ground. "Hey buddy, what the fuck do you think you're d-" he didn't finish the sentence before the man looked up at him, his face was bleeding profusely and one of his eyes looked as if it had been scraped half the way off. "What the fuck!" Jacob said, widening his eyes and covering his nose. The smell of rotting flesh was hitting him hard, and he backed away.
"Help me!" he heard the man say, softly before violently vomiting all of the ground next to Tracy, some splashed onto her face, and Jacob felt as if he was going to puke himself. He didn't want o be any part of that, he looked at Tracy, who was now standing and pulling herself away from the man, screaming and wiping the vomit off of herself. Jacob, still trying to hold his own stomach down, turned and ran in the opposite direction. He wasn't going to get sick for some bitch he was fucking.

!_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_!

Lisa, Tanner, and Jacob were all sitting in the bench seat of Jacob's truck. Jacob was driving and shaking with fear as the other two slept, snoring loudly and slowly sobering up. Jacob couldn't get the images of what he'd seen out of his head, and his goal was getting as far away from the scene as he could. His stomach churned every time he saw that man's face flicker through his mind, he couldn't believe it, still. "What the hell was that.." he breathed to himself, agonizing over the fact that he had been so close to him. "What the hell." he said, again, taking in a deep breath and pulling into a gas station parking lot. He'd driven through the night, and didn't even know where they were anymore, the sun was high in the sky and his eyes were beginning to droop from sleep deprivation. He had to sleep, or they weren't going to make it much farther, at least not alive.

Hours passed as he snoozed, not ever letting himself get fully unconscious. The slightly twitch from one of his cab-mates, the slightest noise from outside the truck, the slightest rustle all brought him to a state of consciousness that he didn't know he could achieve that fast. By the time he was ready to get on the road again, the sun was beginning to set, and both his friends were sobered up and awake.

"Where the hell are we?" Lisa said, groggily, staring around at the environment. They were far from the woods where they'd been camping, everyone else was gone except for Tanner and Jacob; but she could barely remember anything from the night before. She looked at Jacob, who looked shocked and frozen and tapped his shoulder. "Hey?" He looked at her, and shook his head.
"I don't even know, Lisa..." sighing he looked over to Tanner. "Ey, Tan." his tone was harsh. "Man, some fucker was crazed and sick, he got Tracy.." Jacob for the second time in that twenty four hours looked back on something he'd done with regret. "We need to tell someone about this. Like, the cops?"
"What are you talkin' about, dude?" Tanner retorted, looking at his friend like he'd gone off his rocker. "You need to chill out, it was probably just someone screwing with you while you were drunk, you know our friends have a bad sense of humor." he looked apologetically to his girlfriend and then back to Jacob. "I mean seriously, how drunk were you?"
"I wasn't drunk!" Jacob crowed indignantly. "I drove us all the way here without a problem!"
"Where ever here is, do you even know?" Tanner growled back. They were surrounded by nothingness. Stretching on for what seemed like forever were woods, and all that they could see was a gas station, and a road that seemed to stretch out into forever.
"I don't know where we are, Tan.." Jacob admitted after a lengthy sigh, "but we can figure it out, okay?"

!_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_!

The hours passed as they drove, turned around, and then drove some more. The signs indicated they'd gone the wrong way, leaving their town and heading somewhere unknown. It had been a day and a half, they were all tired and in need of a shower. "Doesn't feel like we're ever going to make it home.." Lisa growled, whipping out her phone.
Driving around somewhere with Jae and Tan, apparently Jae's gone mentally insane. she pressed the submit button and sent her status off to Facebook, slipping her phone back in her pocket she crossed her arms across her chest and slumped down in the seat.
"Aw, come on, Lis" Jacob said, nudging her with his elbow "Cheer up, we'll be home soon enough." the sped down the highway creeping closer and closer to their city as he spoke. Lisa stayed silent and pouting in the seat next to him, and Tanner was zoning out staring through the window.
They scenery seemed less and less like that of home the closer they were supposedly getting. Their were trees cut down everywhere, and it appeared that some things had been burnt.

That's when they saw the first helicopter, and then the first set of police officers. Jacob slowed the car to a stop when the cop flagged him down, and he saw the barrier between them and the rest of the road, the road home. "What's going on, officer?" Jacob asked, cautiously looking at him carefully.
"We're not letting anyone in or out of this town right now, son." The officer paused for only a moment before continuing. "So, wherever you three were headed out here, looks like you need to turn in around again and head the other way."
"But we live here!" Lisa piped up, staring him down. "We need to get home!"
"You chose a good time to get out, honey. The other night there was someone murdered out in the woods, a bunch of kids were camping out there when one of them found the victim. He was mutilated beyond recognition, the cruelty was..." he trailed off. "I shouldn't be talking about this, though. You guys just turn around and get on your way."
Jacob's hands tensed on the steering wheel as Lisa opened her mouth again, Tanned coughed a little and grabbed her arm, tugging her towards him and keeping her quiet.

"Alright, sir." Jacob replied, softly. The images were back in his mind of the man who he'd seen the other night. "We'll just turn ourselves around. I know, officer, that you're busy, but could you maybe do me a favor?" The officer nodded, and waited for Jacob to continue with his request. Jacob quickly snatched a piece of paper off his dash and scrawled his name and number on it. "Could you have someone at the station get in touch with us when this killer is caught and the town is... safe again. We'll be staying out of town but will need to be getting home as soon as possible." Once again, the officer nodded before tucking the shred into his pocket.
"You stay clear of here until you hear from me, though. You got it?" his tone sounded harsh and full of authority now, and all three passengers in the truck nodded solemnly before turning the truck around and heading back down the road they'd just come from. They didn't know where they were going to go, but they were definitely going to get away from here.