Long Live the Car Crash Hearts

One

"I'll see you tonight," Brendon said, brushing a kiss on Ryan's cheek, rushing to leave for his parents' house. "I love you, babe," he called, before closing the door and hurrying to his car. Ryan sighed and walked to the window to watch him drive away.

Once his car was around the corner, Ryan pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and dialed Pete's number.

"Hello?"
"Hey. Wanna come over?"
"Where's Brendon?"
"Parents. Won't be home 'till about twelve,"
"I'll be there in twenty."

No "I love you"?
No, because he doesn't love you. He just can't let go of the past, just like you.


Ryan sighed again, went into his bedroom, and stripped to sit, naked, on the bed waiting for Pete.

There's no point in pretending he's interested in anything other than sex with you.

Half-smiling, Ryan stood back up and slipped on a pair of loose-fit sweat pants.

"Let's see if that can be proved," he said aloud.

Walking into the living room, Ryan selected a DVD from his extensive collection and put it into the dvd player. He turned on the tv and let the previews play, going into the kitchen to find a bag of popcorn to put into the microwave.

If he can't get through one movie without trying to fuck me, I'll kick him out and tell him to never talk to me again...

No, you'll fuck him. Then you'll kick him out.