Status: you likey?

Let You Know

It's You They Add Up To

"Why?" A small tear escapes from her pale emerald orbs; the same eyes that he used to constantly compliment. Her lips quiver as more tears threaten to flow out, her mind in shambles while she attempts to gather her thoughts together.

"I-I just don't think you're good enough for me. And I found this other girl that is more mature." He doesn't even bother to look at her in the eye as he explains – or rather lie – to her the situation. He is sufficiently too ashamed to, because of what he has to put her through. But she’d have to suffer through deeper pain in the near future if he dismissed this plan of breaking off things.

Fallon’s teeth sink into her bottom lip to stop it from quivering and glares at the boy who has managed to tear her heart apart. "So is that what you think?” she screams. “That I'm not mature enough for you?"

She steps a tad closer to Heath as if that gesture would radiate courage, when really; she is dying on the inside. Fallon furrows her eyebrows together, every breath she takes heavier than the last. Her fingers curl into a tight fist until the knuckles become paler and her hand shakes uncontrollably.

"No, it's not that. I just think I'm just going to hurt you if we keep going on," he eventually admits the truth. He looks down at her, pain and fear flicking off the blue hues of his eyes. The wrinkles of his frown deepen, making it seem like he’s the one currently being dumped.

But she doesn’t feel a single shade of sympathy for him. All she wishes to do is slap him hard on the cheek to let him know how the pain feels. However, she knows that she would not have the courage to do that to the one she loves. Ironic as he’s breaking her.

"And you don't think you're hurting me know? I can't believe I fell for you. You were my everything; I would’ve given anything to be with you. But you just had to find another girl and then tell me you don't want to hurt me?"

Disgusted by the facts, she forces herself away from him, massive puddle of tears have gathered and are swimming within her eyes. She places her shaking hands over her face; ashamed of crying in front of him because she is certain he is not worth one single teardrop.

"No, Fallon I-"

She peels away her palms off her face, rubbing at her bloodshot eyes. "Save it,” she spits out, her tone so venomous. Harshly tugging off the necklace elegantly sitting around her neck she manages to pull the piece of silver off and throws it at his chest. With that dramatic ending, then runs away as fast as she possibly can, not wanting to dwell in his presence any longer. All she wants right now is comfort.


Image


Fallon was about to knock but before she can complete the simple task, her fist freezes mid-air. She begins to have second thoughts on going about this. She simply finds it rude to go knocking on your best friend’s door only needing them for self-comfort, but then is reminded of what he always said, ”Whatever happens, I'm here for you.” Convincing herself that this isn’t a selfish act at all and that she does trust Liam, she knocks a familiar rhythm – something that only Liam and her shared.

She casts her gaze downwards, demanding for her eyes not to cry all over again, even if he isn’t home. After more eternity-feeling seconds, she hears the creak of the door. Fallon slowly raises her head only to feel warmth spread within her as she finds the soft brown eyes. She fails the anti-sobbing competition and can’t help but let the tears fall freely.

"Fallon?" Liam’s deep voice enters her ears.

Her thoughts order for her to step in for a hug but her body already knew what to do. Liam eagerly wraps his arms around her small figure, resting his cheek on top of her head. Hands gripping the back of his flannel shirt, she melts blissfully into his embrace. After a long moment of embrace he pulls away. Liam holds Fallon’s shoulders at arm length and tries to get her attention but she turns her head to the side, embarrassed.

"Fallon, what's wrong?" Liam’s brows furrow in confusion.

Fallon turns her head to face him, taking in a deep breath, preparing herself. "Heath-he b-broke up with me." She glares down at the ground with frustration. The tears will not stop flowing no matter how hard she willed for them to.

Liam drops his hands from her shoulders and his body tenses up, anger bubbling up. He wonders why he would ever want to break up with her. He wants nothing more than to punch his face until the guilty boy surrenders. This is a strange thought for Liam as he isn't usually a violent person. He despises seeing Fallon hurt, but this time someone intentionally hurt her. "I'm gonna get him," he exclaims – rolling up his sleeves for extra melodramatic effect – before nudging the girl in front of him aside.

But Fallon doesn’t approve of this fight and pushes her palm against Liam’s chest to prevent him from going any further. No matter how much she wants Liam to do it she isn’t a big fan of imagining Liam’s state after the beating. "Please Liam."

He looks at Fallon with anger but softens his face when he realises what she is going through. She lets her arms fall and slowly walks through the door, which already leads towards the living room. She plops down on one of the couches and sighs with relief. As Fallon waits impatiently for something else to happen, she fiddles with her auburn locks, tucking a single strand behind her ear.

Liam then suddenly exclaims, "I know something that might cheer you up." Fallon looks up to see his face radiant with a beautiful grin and she can’t help but return the smile. "I'll be right back." He turns around, running up the staircase before disappearing.

Fallon looks around the room to find anything that she can be occupy herself with whilst Liam is gone. She spots a book on the coffee table, sporting a cover with a turtle on it. 'How To Take Care Of Turtles'. She chuckles at his mere interest. Fallon guesses that he only bought this book because his old pet turtles sadly passed away and now he wants to be certain of how he takes care of his new ones. She reaches to grab the non-fiction book but Liam is already back.

"Hello again," Liam greets her. She just sends a small smile in reply. He sits on the other side of the couch setting his guitar on his lap as he opens a small blue notebook. Fallon remembers the book as his lyric or inspiration notepad. Once he finds the correct page, he places it in front of him and carries the guitar, tweaking the strings to tune it.

"So…this song I'm gonna play for you is called ‘Little Things’ and I want your opinion," Liam explains. Fallon smiles his way and he returns it. "You're actually the first person to hear this. I wanted someone special and you were the first person that I thought of since we’re best friends and all." He smiles shyly at Fallon, which causes her cheeks to turn a shade of crimson.He coughs audibly before a beautiful soft rhythm echoes around the room and finally, a big genuine smile reaches her lips.

Your hand fits in mine
Like it's made just for me
But bear this in mind
It was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved
The crinkles by your eyes
When you smile
You've never loved
Your stomach or your thighs,
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do
It's you
Oh, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved
The sound of your voice on tape
You never want
To know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all these little things

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to.
If I let you know I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
'Cause it's you,
Oh, it's you,
It's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you
And all these little things

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true
It's you,
It's you they add up to
I'm in love with you
And all your little things


"So what do you think?" Liam chirpsinterrupting Fallon’s wonderful thoughts about the song. Fallon, even though she really shouldn’t be, is surprised by how talented this boy really is. Liam has started several good songs but never finished any.

"I think it is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard." And Fallon isn’t lying when she admits this.

His face instantly lights up at the sound of her compliment. "I thought you would say it’s cheesy." He rubs the back of his neck quiet shy by now. Fallon shakes her head in protest. "Would you excuse me? I have to go to the bathroom."

She nods politely wondering why he even needed to excuse himself.When he’s definitely vanished, her gaze flutters back to the blue book. I'm sure Liam wouldn't mind me just reading the song. So shereads over the lyricsnot minding the messy scrawl of her best friend. When she comes upon the bottom of the page, shock overwhelms her. Fallon rereads that one line over and over again, insanely repetitive, not believing her eyes.

to the one who inspired me to write this (and the girl i love), fallon

Fallon couldn’t accept that this is real. Liam wrote this song for her. She looks up surprised to see Liam standing there, anxiety written across his face.But that isn’t what shocks her to the core. It’s the fact that she feels the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go. A liam payne one shot :)
I hope you guys enjoyed it and dont forget to comment or subscribe.