Status: active

Cut Short

Goes by fast

"How long?" she cringed, looking at everything filling our bedroom, just not at me.
"Four months babe, but-" she cut me off.
"But it'll go by fast, yeah I know I've heard it before Mitch. Have you ever took the time to think that maybe tour time isn't the only thing that goes by fast? Kenadee's baby years go by fast. You're missing everything she learns when you're out there," she says, eyes squinted shut, trying to keep herself from blowing up on me like so many times before.
I heave and rub my ink covered hands down my face.
Kenadee is not even one yet, and I've already missed her first words and seeing her crawl.
Leaving behind the love of your life and your flesh and blood isn't something you take into consideration when you set out to make your voice heard to crowds of fans every night.
"Jolie..." I try.
She opens her eyes, letting me in on the disappointment behind those irises.
I'm all to use to the disappointment she feels for me.
"Jolie...I would do anything for you and Kenadee, you both are above my music, this house, everything in this world...but I don't choose to leave you behind, it's just a sacrifice that comes with doing what I love..but you know if you asked me to drop everything and just stay I would..cause you and Kenadee are so much more than my music babe," I breathe.
Jolie stares at me, almost through me.
"Me and Kenadee will be here when you get back, you go do what makes you happy babe," she sighs.
My face lights up. "Thank you! And you know what else makes me happy?" I say crouching closer to her.
"You," I say, pulling her into me, wrapping my arms around her back.
She laughs and jokingly pushes me away.
"And....you my little Lucker!" I chirp in a baby voice as I let go of Jolie and pick Kenadee up out of her play pen.
I sigh looking into her baby eyes, as she stares at me, like a reflection in a mirror.
"I'm going to miss you guys," I sigh sadly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So..everyone as you probably already know, and if you don't then I'm sorry to be the one to break the awful news to you, but Mitch Lucker died yesterday morning...apparently from a motorcycle accident.
And aside from feeling soooooo sorry for his girl and his daughter, I'm just so worried and curious about what is going to happen with Suicide Silence now.
Honestly...I'm in denial of all this...it's..just...unbelievable
But he was a good guy so hopefully he'll meet the good guy up high.
R.I.P </3
Anyway this story is just my way of showing my respect and dedicating something special to his death.
I hope you all enjoy it.