Status: active

Cut Short

A week

I had pulled through tour.
Those few months were hard and lonely but I pulled through.
And now I had nothing keeping me from Kenadee and Jolie except a week left of tour.
Just a week.
A week and I'd be inside the arms of Jolie, holding my baby girl.
Spending time with them both, making up for every little time I had missed something big.
A week.
Just a week.

Since tour is close to it's end, Daniel and the rest of the band thought it'd be a good idea to go out and celebrate.
Of course drinking was everyone's idea of celebrating so we all decided to dress up in our best skinnies and our cleanest tee shirts and find a well populated bar.
We found one.
It was packed with regulars, a bunch of guys from other bands on tour, the merch guys, stage crew, and even a few fans who had heard we were here.
I wasn't complaining though, if you're going to celebrate you should celebrate with anyone and everyone...which included the ones you love.
This made me think about Jolie and my baby girl, how they weren't here with me to celebrate.
I couldn't get my mind off of them.
They should be here with me.

"Mitch man you want to take one of these shots with me?" Daniel nudged me out of my thoughts, holding a shot glass out to me.
I shook my head and told him no.
He noticed I wasn't really at my best and sat down next to me. "Just a week dude. That probably doesn't make you feel better but shots past time fast,"
I chuckled and he dangled the shot glass close to my face.
I sighed and took it from him, gulping it down right there.
"Woah man together, were suppose to take shots together," he scolded and handed me another.
"One, Two, Three!" he chanted and we both downed our shot.

I have to admit shots did take some of the edge off of my nerves of wanting to get home as soon as possible.
They made me relax so I kept taking them.
"This is your...?" Daniel sputtered.
"I dunno man, this is like my 9th," I said, shaking the empty shot glass above my head.
I was starting to get the warm buzzed fuzzy funny feeling and it felt good.
Daniel grabbed my collar and pulled me to the middle of the floor where half of the bands were hanging around.
"Dude one of the stage crew guys has a couple old motorcycles of his he brought. He said we could use them. Dude lets race guys," Levi Benton squeeled.
Some of the guys all said no, some were to drunk to say anything, and a few said yes.
I was one of the few who agreed.
It sounded fun, it would loosen me up more than the shots did.
"Alright I'm up for it, lets go," I agreed.
Levi laughed and patted me on the back.
"Alright dude! Lets go," Levi smiled and we all headed outside.
A few of the guys tried to tell us it wasn't such a good idea but we brushed them off.
Nothing in life is really ever a good idea.
"Lucker, you wanna go first? You can go against the champ," Levi chuckled and winked.
I laughed. "Sure, I'll have to introduce you to the new champ," I joked.

We both hopped on the motorcycles.
"First down the street, around that light post, and back wins?" Levi questioned.
"Yeah," I agreed
"Prepare to lose Lucker," Levi laughed.
"Prepare to gurgle my dust," I joked back.
A few of our band mates still tried telling us how stupid we were getting on motorcycles after drinking but we just ignored them.
"Ready?" Levi looked over at me.
"Ready," I nodded.

I took a big breath of air and then Levi reved the engine and said go.
I stepped on the gas and took in the air that filled my lungs and blew through my hair as I struggled to catch up to Levi.
The light post was coming close and Levi was even closer to it.
I didn't think I was going to beat him at all.
I stepped on the gas a little and all of a sudden I was closer to the light post than he was.
I turned back and winked at him, and he just mumbled crap I couldn't understand, with his face all distorted.
I laughed at his face and turned back to the street.
I think I'd drove a little to far past the light post to turn but I attempted it anyway.
Bad idea.
The turn was to sharp.
Much to sharp and I went skidding onto my side.
The motorcycle stopped but I kept rolling.
My skull hit the street, and I could feel my skin tearing as it dragged on the street.
Everything was painful.
And then finally I stopped.
I stopped on my side and I was still, eyes open long enough to catch Levi roaring towards me and frantically stopping next to me.
And then they shut.

I was still alive.
I could hear Levi and everyone else around me, touching me, talking about me, freaking out about me.
I could hear the sirens.
"I was trying to warn him, Dammit!" Levi choked. "I'm such a dumbass!"
I could feel Levi grab onto me. "Lucker...Lucker hold on okay?!" he choked.
I zoned out Levi, the sirens that didn't seem to get any closer, the crowd of voices that didn't get any louder, I zoned out everything but the important.
After all you should only be thinking about the most important things before your gone, and I'm pretty sure I'm close to being gone.
So I only Let Kenadee and Jolie sit on my mind.
Jolie was in my head smiling, because that's when she's the prettiest, that's when I love her the most. I wish I would have told her I loved her one more time...just once more.
She deserved to hear it as many times as possible.
And Kenadee, she was in my head sleeping, smiling while I sang to her.
I wish I could have spent one more day with her, even though it wouldn't of made up for all the times I wasn't there to spend with her it still would of been enough for me.

Finally.
Finally the sirens are right next to me.
Levi is helping men pick me up and put me on the bed.
My eyes fianlly open again and I see Levi and everyone starring at me in distraught.
I try to talk to them, to tell them that I might be okay, to tell them to Tell Jolie and Kenadee everything I've been wanting to say but my mouth won't open.
I'm propped up into the ambulence and Levi jumps in the back with me.
And then I feel myself draining.
My eyelids get heavy and are finally dragged down and closed.
"Lucker...Lucker," Levi gets frantic, shaking me.
I hear both Levi and the medic both shouting things as the ambulence takes off and I finally just stop trying so hard to hang on to consciousness because it's far to hard and far to tiresome, so I fade out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers!(:
I've missed you oh so much and I think now that I've finally gotten around to writing this last chapter I'm starting to miss Mitch Lucker a little more as well.
It's really dawning on me now.
But anyways you guys, this is the last chapter.
Now it took me forever to even get around to writing this last chapter cause I was in such deep thought about how I should end this and it was so hard to even let it end this way...
I was actually heavily debating if I should let this be the end of the line and just let this story have a sad tragic ending or if I should think about writing a short sequal and see where that goes...
What do you all think??? Let me know lovelies.
XoXo Shania.