Status: I tried to write a vampire story with originality, rather than your ho-hum Twilight-Copy. I hope it's up to standard for you guys (:

Monroe D'etre

Chapter 3:

Past Memory:

I stood there, invisible. All my surroundings were a memory, so even if I picked up a rock and threw it at someone – it wouldn't change a thing.

Looking around and taking in the area, I saw that the sky was a deep shade of black, feathery clouds shrouding the most part of it, stars peeping inconspicuously in and out of the gaps. And there was the moon, shining in all it's glory, high above everything else.

I wonder if I had become a ware-wolf, would I be able to stare as I am now, even in a memory, and not become a beast? A question I'll never know the answer to.

Seeing her run frantically, watching her heart beat right out of her pale chest made me gasp a little, watching her legs carry her to the edge of a tree-shrouded and almost blackened forest. Half of the forest was on fire, the other half intact, but still eerie and frightening, the crackling sound of the flames burning the wildlife in the distance made me shudder.

Only pausing momentarily, Estelle began to run again, her legs seemed to be weak now, as if she'd been running for days.

Her eyes shifted to places all around her, she looked at the trees carefully, trying hard not to look at

the sky, and most specifically, the moon itself.

Wandering around, and me following her, I noticed a large, deep cut on the side of her stomach. She'd been bitten. I knew from this moment, she was a werewolf at the least. The type of bite.. not a vampire, not at all. Ravenous, sick. Almost a lethal chunk bitten out of her.

She ran helplessly, I almost felt bad for her, for a split second..
And then I remembered.

She was a Lycan.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kind of difficult for me because it's my first story of this type, never worked with Lycans and Vamps before..