Status: Complete

She's My Daisy in the Dust

A little bit of Ed.

“I’m outside.” I smiled as I turned up at Ed’s door.

“Hello.” Ed appeared and pulled me into a hug, “you look like shit.”

“Gee thanks Ed.” I rolled my eyes as we walked into his lounge, “ah hello Bellini come cuddle me.”

I picked up his cat and he laughed.

“How are things?” he asked and I yawned.

“Working as an intern is hard.” I groaned stroking the cat.

“Is it the work or the lack of a curly haired human being?” Ed asked as he passed me a beer.

“Bleurgh.” I groaned my head falling back on the sofa, “it’s everything. This whole situation sucks. I don’t think I’m cut out for having to be this strong.”

“How long till you see him again?” he asked and I sighed.

“A week I think, it depends.” I sighed, “I was meant to go over to him but now work is being weird so he’s going to come here.”

“It’s a lot of hard work huh?” Ed rubbed the back of his neck.

We put a movie on and drank some beer whilst we waited for our food to turn up. I snuggled into his side with his cat laying on my lap and my phone resting on the side of the sofa. It felt good just being around someone who could understand things further than ‘oh wow you’re dating Harry Styles from one direction?’ That got old pretty fucking quick I can tell you.

“Have you been writing much?” Ed asked as I reached for my beer.

“No.” I shook my head, “I haven’t had time, this is the longest I’ve stayed still for the last two weeks.”

My phone started buzzing and I looked to see it was Harry, I squealed and Ed laughed as there was a knock on the door.

“Answer the phone, I’ll get the food.” Ed waved me off as he walked out the lounge.

“Hey you.” I grinned flopping on the couch before going back to stroking Bellini.

“Hey Blair.” He sounded sleepy and I giggled, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too Haz.” I groaned pouting, “you sound all husky and cute.”

“I just woke up.” He groaned.

“I can tell.” I smiled, “isn’t it the middle of the day?”

“Yea, we’re on the bus just travelling and I had a late night last night.” He yawned, “I’m so worn out.”

“I know that feeling.” I chuckled, “I swear being an intern is just a nice way for describing being somebody’s bitch.”

“It is.” Harry chuckled, “how’s it going?”

“Hard.” I bit my lip, “they keep asking me about you, it’s awkward as hell.”

“Why?” he sounded confused and I laughed.

“I don’t know if you’re aware of this but you’re a pretty big deal.” I looked up as Ed walked in with food in his hand.

“Well I guess someone has mentioned that along the way.” He chuckled and I smiled, “what are you doing?”

“I’m at Ed’s house. We got take out, beers and his cat so it’s a pretty crazy night.” I leant forward picking my beer up again.

“No way. Say hello to him from me. We need to talk about me coming over.” He started and I nodded even though he couldn’t see me, “how’s the day after tomorrow looking for you?”

“Like it might suddenly have gotten more interesting?” I grinned and he laughed, “is that when you’ll be here then?”

“Yes.” He sounded so happy and I couldn’t help the huge smile on my face, “I can’t wait to see you B.”

“I miss you so much.” I sighed, “I’m so excited to see you! Ah! What are we going to do?”

“Anything you want, we have three days together.” He said happily, “we have to go to Grimshaw’s party on the second night but Ed should be there and you will love Grimmy.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I bit my lip as I looked at the food on the table.

“I’ll leave you to it, I have to get up and do a radio interview over the phone.” Harry sighed, “I’ll text you though. I love you B. I miss you and can’t wait to see you.”

“I miss you too,” I sighed, “I’m bouncing off the walls excited to see you.”

“Have a nice night baby.” He said before hanging up.

“So he’s coming then?” Ed asked as I hung up the phone.

“Day after tomorrow.” I grinned picking up a slice of pizza, “I’m so excited.”

“You two are going well huh?” he noted and I nodded.

“I guess, I mean he puts up with all my stupid little things.” I bit my lip, “all my stupid flaws.”

“He’s hardly flawless himself.” Ed shrugged and I nodded.

“Yea, I just always feel like it’s him looking after me. Like I’m a bit of a burden with all my flaws.” I sighed.

“I think that everybody’s flaws are what makes a person what they are.” Ed told me and I smiled slightly.

“I like that idea.” I spun my beer bottle on the table.

We finished up our pizza and continued to catch up on the stupidest things about his tour and my new job.

“Why won’t you get on stage and sing?” Ed asked as we laid on his sofa at either end later on in the evening.

“Why would I?” I asked and he rolled his eyes at me.

“Because you sound amazing.” He grinned and laughed as I pulled a face at him, “do you not enjoy
it?”

“I love it.” I admitted, “I just don’t have the confidence in myself to stand on a stage and sing infront of a crowd of people.”

“That’s a shame.” He bit his lip, “I used to get stage fright.”

“Seriously?” I propped myself up on the elbows and looked at him, “I don’t believe you.”

“Threw up everytime I used to go on.” He chuckled, “sweatiest hands ever.”

“That’s crazy.” I shook my head, “the world would suck without your voice in it.”

“When you say things like that it always surprises me.” He shook his head.

“Why? Everybody loves you.” I shrugged, “your voice makes me happy.”

“Overstatement.” He laughed and I shook my head.

“No seriously, next time I’m sad I’m ringing you up and asking you to sing down the phone to me.” I told him and he rolled his eyes.

“Deal.” He shook his head and I grinned.

“I’m glad we’re hanging out, I really needed this tonight.” I told him.

“Are you sure you’re okay Blair?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I’m trying to be.” I looked down at the cat, “I’m trying to pretend I can do all of this.”

“You know you can talk to me right?” Ed asked and I nodded.

“It’s just hard when everyone keeps walking out on me.” I bit my lip as I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I wiped it away quickly but Ed pulled me against his chest into a hug.

“They haven’t walked out, they will be back.” Ed rubbed my back softly, “you are too amazing to just walk out on Blair.”

“It’s been done before.” I sighed wiping another tear from my face.

“They don’t know what they’re missing.” Ed stroked my hair, “it’s all going to be fine B. Harry is coming back in a couple of days, Louis loves you so much and Niall worships the ground you walk on. You are so loved by those 5 boys, they wouldn’t ever leave you.”

“I hope you’re right.” I bit my lip.

“I’m Ed Sheeran.” He shrugged, “I’m always right.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a bit of a filler with a bit of emotional Blair so I was like 'ED SHEERAN!' purely because his voice makes me smile.

The comments on the last chapter made me so happy. I'm so glad you like this story was much as I do. I have quite a bit planned for this but I need to lay all the foundations, I don't want to rush it but if you guys think it's dragging please let me know!

autumnreneebabii - I'm so glad you can get why it's so hard for them to say goodbye. I tried to think about how I feel when I have to leave home cause I'm in quite a similar situation as Blair and Harry except for the whole him being Harry Styles and being in One Direction. I'm so glad you can relate to Blair, I don't want her to be one of those characters that people think 'she is so unrealistic, nobody is ever like that.' Just because when i read a story where the main character is like perfect it really irrates me. Sorry for rambling!
WhoAreYouJudy - Haha yea I was writing it and was like to myself 'Harry styles is definately the kind of boy who'd run back for a sneaky kiss.'
platypusmoustache142 - I'm known for my casual violence.
QueenKendra - I love that you love it so much! I do too, it wasn't actually something I really planned on happening when i started the story, their relationship kind of just happened. My best friend loves Niall and I always think of myself quite like Blair so I kind of write Niall's and her relationship as mine and my best friends as i always think of her and Niall as being quite similar. Yea I loved the 'come here you idiot' bit too, I thought it was very Louis.
Sweet.Perfection. - Aw I'm glad you like it! Yea writing her with the different boys always makes me smile.