Harry Potter?

New Life

I packed my bag, leaving only a couple of minutes before Christina, because, since it was her last year at World Cup, she was aloud to stay. Christina hugged me, cried, and made me promise at least five times to write to her all the time. Oh and as an afterthought, she wished me good luck at my new school. But I knew this would be torture. I was in my fourth year, and my mother had made me switch schools. No one would know me at Hogwarts. And I didn’t want to get to know them.
“Hurry up Emma! You don’t want to miss the train, do you?” My mother’s voice drifted up the stairs.
“Yes, I do,” I muttered, yet slowly walked down the stairs, where my mom practically picked me up and threw me in the car, throwing in my trunk as an afterthought.
“Hurry up traffic,” my mom mumbled to herself, looking at the time.
Unfortunately, we got there just in time.
“Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Where’s that, Emma?”
“Mom,” I said, avoiding everyone’s stares at my cat, Ilyanna. “Stop trying to embarrass me. You know there’s no such thing as Platform Nine and Three Quarters.”
“Well, that’s what it says on the ticket.” She looked around, until she saw a large, unsuspecting redheaded family. “Oh, you there!” She rushed towards them. I hid my large grey eyes behind my long curtain of brown hair, hoping that no one would notice this woman was my mom. I came close enough to hear her talking about that stupid platform.
“Oh, this is the dear?” Said the red-haired woman I took to be the mother of the countless boys surrounding her. But one of them stood out. He had dark black hair and green eyes, looking quite out of place in the sea of red.
My mother nodded.
“Well dear,” the woman said kindly to me, “just run into the pole right between platform nine and ten.”
“What?!?!” I fairly screamed. I thought this girl was crazy.
“Ginny, would you demonstrate for the dear now?” The woman said to the only girl.
She nodded, and with her cart, ran straight through the barrier between platform nine and ten, and just disappeared. The muggles didn’t even bat an eye.
“C’mon darling. You can go with Harry here.” She pointed out the black haired guy. He looked startled at first, then guided me to the barrier, and ran in with me. Then he stepped away from me on the other side, and I darted out of the way just as more of the red-heads ran through. I stared, open mouthed, at Platform Nine and Three Quarters. It was clearly a magical train station. A soft breeze lifted everything except for Ilyanna from my cart. I grabbed my kitten before another wind could steal her. I knew Ilyanna would get scared on an empty train, all alone. I could sense her feelings. The winds scared her too.
“Up, get on, get on!” The red-haired woman yelled at her sons and Harry. “You’ll miss the train!”
She was right, though. It looked ready to move out of the train station. I turned to my mother.
“Bye, mum.” I said, kissing her gently on the cheek before rushing onto the moving train. The red-haired girl waited for me at the end door, and caught my hand and dragged me in.
“My names Ginny,” she said kindly. “What’s yours?”
“Emma,” I forced out, still terrified.
“How old are you?” She asked.
“Fourteen,” I replied automatically.
“I’ve never seen you before.” Ginny asked curiously. “Why?”
“I just transferred,” I replied, as we stepped into a cart that held one of her brothers, Harry, and a girl with VERY bushy brown hair. I looked at it in shock. I was so used to my straight, only slightly curly brown hair that it quite a shock to see this rats nest a few inches away from my face.
“Um, excuse me,” I said, trying to push the nest out of my eyes.
“Oh,” the girl said. “Sorry.” She stepped aside so that Ginny and I could walk into the compartment.
“Emma, meet Hermione,” Ginny said pleasantly.
“Hey,” I said with a little wave.
“Nice to meet you,” Hermione said, shaking my hand. “What year are you in?”
“Fourth,” I said, eyeing the guys behind her. They were making quite weird faces.
“If you have to try to make fun of me, or whatever you’re doing, I would suggest doing it where I can’t see you.” I said starkly.
“Oh, good one!” Ginny said, laughing. “The red-head is my brother Ron, and, well, you’ve already met Harry. They’re a year older than me.”
“I’ve never seen you before Emma,” Hermione said politely.
“Yeah, she definitely hasn’t gone to Hogwarts before. She had trouble with the barrier!” Ron laughed out.
Ignoring him, I said, “Yeah, I just transferred from World Cup.”
“That’s a pretty stupid name for a school,” Harry said.
“Smart, coming from the kid that goes to a school called Hogwarts. Anyway, I got some sort of scholarship, so my mum made me transfer. She said it would be some sort of ‘New experience’.” I was mainly talking to Hermione at this point in time.
“Do you know what house you’ll be in?” She asked kindly.
“Nope. We didn’t really have houses.”
“Oh, well, I hope you’ll get in Gryffindor!” she said encouragingly.
“Is that what you’re in?” I asked questioningly.
“Yup,” she said brightly.
Then Ginny put in,
“Probably best to put in you’re robe. We’re almost there.”
I groaned, looking at the ugly robe, then made up my mind. I just put The cloak over my normal clothes. I left it open over my jeans and my white tee shirt. They all looked at me like I was crazy, but I knew, even then, that I’d be having a strict talk with the Headmaster of Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, now my previous chapter seems even smaller compared to this. Great. Well, if you read this all, please tell me if I made any mistakes, or if it doesn't make sense. This all came out of my mind, and sometimes I forget not everyone can understand it the way I do.