Harry Potter?

Crazyness

Yup. This school is officially crazy. Not only is it a castle, and the Headmaster is probably older than the school itself, but it also has a talking hat that decides which table you sit at? I must be dreaming. They placed it on my head, and it started talking to me. I must be off my rocker.
“Gryffindor!” I screamed, practically breaking my eardrums.
I had no idea where that was, so I decided to go to the table that was screaming and clapping and overall just making a big ruckus because I was put in their house. I walked over to it and sat next to Hermione and Ginny. Harry and Ron sat across from us.
“Oh my gosh!” Ginny screamed.
“Welcome to Gryffindor!” Hermione shouted.
Then the table calmed down as the next person was called. Hermione, though, was explaining everything to me.
“You see, Godric Gryffindor, one of Hogwarts four founders, had a hat, and then enchanted it to be able to sort all the students of Hogwarts into their respective houses.”
“Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw,” Ginny rattled off the top of her head, handing me a sparkling drink.
“Exactly. So the sorting hat is able to talk because of magic. And it has been sorting for hundreds of years. And in times of danger, it has been told to give warnings.”
“Okay,” I said, starting to eat.
“No!” Hermione shrieked at me. “Don’t eat! Slave labour! Slave labour!!”
“What the-” I said, pulling away from Hermione’s grabbing hands.
“Sorry ‘bout that,” Harry said as Ginny pulled Hermione off of me. “She’s all worked up because she found out that a bunch of house elves made all this,” he said, gesturing around the great hall.
“The food?” I questioned.
“Yeah,” Harry and Ron chorused.
“What’s so bad about that?” I said, confused.
“House Elf Rights, that’s all! They deserve to be free! They shouldn’t work for nothing! They shouldn’t be treated unfairly! They’re no different from you and me!” Hermione shrieked.
“Okay, try calming down,” I suggested. “Didn’t you ever think that they don’t care about all this? They get a roof to live under, good food, and I bet you Hogwarts treats them better then you might think.”
“How would you know that? Your new.” Hermione stated.
“I see things,” I said. “I take in more at a glance then more people see in three lifetimes. I understand things, get hunches, and am almost always correct. I’ve been able to do that for as long as I can remember.” I said calmly.
“Wow,” Ginny said in the silence (Or as silent as you can get when everyone around you is yelling).
“That about sums it up,” I laughed.
Ginny laughed with me. It didn’t feel as though she was a year younger then me. Actually, she felt more my age then Hermione, Harry, and Ron felt. Right about then, I decided it wouldn’t be as bad as I thought, going to Hogwarts, at least if everyone was like Ginny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup, basically more explaining. Well, that's the part that I most modified and made slightly the same from the book, so all you Harry Potter book fans, she screams about house elf rights instead of finding out about them because Emma wouldn't have understood about the ghosts and everything (in the next chapter!! Then she'll see the ghosts!). So it's better if Hermione just goes nuts about her eating.