Harry Potter?

The Howler

At breakfast the next morning, though, everything went downhill. The family owl, Scarnetta, a beautiful grey owl that matched my eyes swept down in front of me, holding a scarlet letter.
Everyone gasped. “Who gave you a howler?” Ginny asked, while Ron backed away from it as if it might explode (Which it so totally could).
“I’ve got no idea,” I said, warily fingering the letter.
“Well,” Hermione said,” It’ll be better if you open it now. It’s already started to smoke.”
She was right. I knew she was right. I was starting to heat underneath my fingertips. So I gently opened the letter. I floated in front of my face, and I braced myself for screaming, but all I heard was my mom’s gentle voice floating out of the letter.
“I was wondering how Hogwarts is, dear. Are you adjusting? Did you make any friends? Anything new happen? I thought you’d be comforted to hear my voice. I miss you!”
And the letter turned to ash.
“Only my mother,” I said, my head falling to my hands in embarrassment. Scarnetta picked at my food, so I grabbed her away, quickly scribbled a message to my mum, (and to Christina so my mum would have no time to reply) and sent her off with some bacon.
“Only my mum,” I repeated.
“It’s okay,” Ginny said, hugging me, turning me away from the laughing kids in the green robes.
I looked around our table, full of kids with red ties and robes and such, and saw hardened looks on their faces. Caring looks too. They weren’t going to care how stupid I looked. I was one of them. And, I promised myself I would make them proud in class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep, I hope you guys like my short, SHORT chapters! I have short chapters, but many chapters!! Hope you like!!