‹ Prequel: Soulmate

Forget Me Not

The House of the Snake

“Sirius? What- how? I-“ he cut me off with a chuckle.

“It’s okay, Emily,” he soothed gripping my shoulders lightly. “Everything is okay.”

“But- I-I-“ I sutured. “How do you remember me? No- no one should remember me!”

“Your spell was stopped by the wards around the school,” he explained. “Everyone inside the ground forgot you but the outside world was untouched.”

“What?” I asked sinking into the nearest chair. “But before- Molly-“

“Molly is a very good actress,” he said. “She knew who you were but pretended not to.”

“But I don’t understand,” I breathed. “Why are you all helping me with this? I-I-“

“Dumbledore told us to,” he shrugged sitting down in the seat next to me. “He said you must have a reason for wiping yourself from the minds of your classmates.”

“I-I-“ I stammered looking up at him. “I don’t know anymore! I mean- I did! When I cast the spell I knew but now-“

“Emily,” he said calmly as he moved to kneel in front of me and take my hands. “Shhhh, it’s ok. It’s alright.”

“but-“

“Listen to me,” he said quietly. “You did it for a good reason. That reason has faded away because you miss your friends and the life you had before. My dear you are not cut out for a life of solidarity. Just trust in your decision, you did it for a reason. If you didn’t then Dumbledore wouldn’t have backed you as strongly as he did.”

I met his eyes, “he did?”

“Yes,” he smiled. “Now go to school Emily. Trust yourself and your choice.”

I nodded, “thank you, Sirius.” I got up and walked towards the door.

“Emily,” he called I turned back to look at him. “Dumbledore wants to speak to you after dinner tonight. The password to his office is gummy bear.” I nodded before walking out of the room and boarding the train.

I wandered the train looking for an empty cabin. I passed by Draco entering one filled to the brim with Slytherins who catted amongst themselves about what ever petty issues occupied their attention. Draco didn’t even glance twice at me as I passed. I felt sad, remembering how close we’d become last year, but that was before my spell. Now it was a known fact that he hated me and while I was sad, I knew it was for the best. A friendship with Draco would only complicate things further with the golden trio, and those were the bonds I was desperate for.

I was near the back of the train when I finally found them. Ron and Hermione were leaving to go to a prefect meeting or whatever. They told me to make myself at home, and that if Harry gave me any trouble to just ignore him. I smiled and nodded, stepping aside to let them pass. Peering into the cabin I saw that Harry was not alone, but with him was Ginny, Neville and Luna. They were all sitting quietly as I knocked lightly on the glass. Their heads snapped up and Ginny’s eyes narrowed seeing my slytherin emblem. Neville only frowned and Luna looked completely indifferent.

“Um...hi,” I said awkwardly stepping inside the cabin. “Ron and Hermione said I could sit in here with you guys, but if you want me to leave, I’d understand.”

“Actually-“ Ginny started but Harry cut her off.

“Sit down, Raven,” he said turning to look back out the window. I smiled glancing at the others, Neville shrugged as did Luna. Ginny’s narrow eyes kept me from sitting for a moment before she looked away. I sat down, folding my legs underneath me as I rested my head against the back of the bench. Closing my eyes I tried to ease my stressed muscles. Going to Hogwarts was supposed to be my vacation from hell, not a different variation of it.

“So, Harry,” Ginny spoke up. “How was your break?”

“Nothing special,” he shrugged. “I survived, that’s all that matters.”

“oh,” she asked with a strange tone to her voice. “I heard something interesting happened, back in June?”

“what are you getting at Ginny?” Harry asked in an annoyed tone.

“just that you had a magical visitor,” she said with a pointed look at me. “who appeared out of nowhere to speak to you.”

“you’re talking about my unscheduled visit to Harry’s uncles house,” I said and the other two frowned. “of what concern is it to you?”

She shrugged theatrically, “I just find it funny that shortly after your little visit dementors are showing up on Harry’s doorstep.”

“What?” I asked turning to Harry. “Dementors?”

Harry sighed, “a couple of them attacked me and my cousin.”

“Was everyone ok?” I asked, not really concerned about his cousin i felt like it was the polite thing to do.

“Yeah I fought them off,” Harry said with a shrug. “Dudley was shaken up but no one was hurt.”

“and Harry got a court summons,” Ginny added with venom in her tone. “for using magic in the presences of Muggles.”

I frowned, “you’re cousin counts for that? He knows about magic.”

“that apparently didn’t matter to Fudge,” Harry smirked towards me. “It's fine now, I was cleared of the charges.”

“why were dementors in little Whinging?” I asked

“why were YOU in little Whinging?” Ginny demanded through narrow eyes. “Scoping out the area for your Death Eater buddies before they went in to finish the job?”

The Cabin was quiet, Ginny’s accusation hanging in the air as I lock eyes with her. I could feel the others' looking at me, waiting for me to provide an answer. “The truth is Ginny,” I sighed keeping my expression passive. “I don’t know why I was there either. All I know is Dobby showed up at my house one night and took me to Harry’s house. When my mother found me and brought me home she locked me in the basement with her favorite way to punish me-“

“which is?”

I reached up to my neck; gathering my hair in my hands I pulled it out of the way to reveal my scars to the cabin. “a hippogriff training collar. She has it set so that every time I move the spikes dig into my neck.” She said nothing, her gaze dropping to the floor. “I know that you guys have never met a slytherin that you trust and I understand your reasoning. But you must see why so many of us go dark-“

“you’re defending them now?” Ginny demanded her head snapping up again.

“just hear me out please,” I said softly, glancing sideways at Harry. “the moment they get sorted into Slytherin their fate is sealed. The other houses don’t even give us a chance anymore because they think that being a slytherin is being evil. Our only friends are within our own house because no one else will bother, they look down on us, hate us.

“And then someone comes to us and offers us not only friendship but a family,” I continue looking out the window. “They know how we were treated because they went through it too. They offer us a chance to right how we were wronged. Our friends or even our parents have already joined and they tell us how great it is. You’ve never been isolated Ginny, you’ve always had someone there for you. You couldn’t understand what absolute loneliness feels like.

“I don’t agree with the death eaters,” I clarified shaking my head. “I would never join them myself, but I can understand why so many Slytherins find them appealing. No one likes to be alone.”

“You’re wrong,” Ginny said. “We don’t isolate the Slytherins. They are jerks-“

“Have you met every Slytherin there is,” I snapped losing my patients. “Or are you basing us all off Malfoy and his group? We are not all ‘Jerks’, Ginny. I mean, look at me. I’ve done nothing to you but try to be your friend but because of the crest on my robe you won’t give me the time of day. Last year Harry cut me open because I resided in the house of the snake. When things like this go on do you think the kindest or nicest of us are going to even try? When that means risking injury or even death?” I stood, up and shook my head, heading for the door.

“where are you going?” Harry asked.

“I need to let out some steam” I said. “I’ll be back… I think” I sighed before walking out of the cabin.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long guys! my inspiration was kinda running dry but im hopping to pick it back up again!!! leave me a comment telling me what you think!!