Status: Finished, Sorry it's so short, hope you like it! ;)

The Last Beast

Chapter One

Elmira’s POV

I saw her walk into town, her eyes scanning the people littering on the street. They stopped on me, her lips pulling up in a smile. A chill ran up my spine at the way she looked at me. I could feel a malevolent aura coming off of her from where I stood in the shadows across the street.

It was almost as if I could see her eyes glowing red, a tail growing from her backside with a spear-like point on the end, sharp horns glinting in the light, red skin, and multiple pointed teeth escaping her mouth.

I blinked and it was gone. My imagination took on a life of its own for a moment. That doesn’t mean that she didn’t freak me out, though. Her curly red hair and pale freckled skin seemed to radiate evil. Her dark brown eyes looked black as they stared into my own.

I looked away from her, bored, after a few seconds of staring. Instead, my eyes were drawn to a man who was walking up the street carrying two buckets of water. Aron. My feet itched to walk over to him, and my hands longed to be joined with his. My entire being wanted to be near him, but I held back.

The woman who was staring at me earlier walked up to him. Her eyes darted toward me as a small smirk formed on her lips. I narrowed my eyes and watched closely as the two interacted.