Status: Very Much Active. ^.^

I'm Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket

Appreciating A Painting

15 to 20 minutes later, Jaime and I pull up to a big house with people milling about, and loud, blaring music. All of a sudden I’m kind of nervous. I wasn’t expecting this many people. I think Jaime notices me tense up, because he puts a hand on my knee. “It’s going to be okay Lil. You don’t have anything to worry about.” I just nod my head.

We get out of the car, and I follow him to steps of the house and he rings the door bell. A man about 5’6 answers and he’s really tan, with long, flowing, curly hair, and a nose ring answers the door. He is the cutest little thing. I just want to put him in my pocket and keep him forever. He greets Jaime first, they exchange a bro hug or whatever you call it, and then he notices me standing next to Jaime, and he gives me a once over, and then looks to Jaime.

“Hime Time, did you go out and get yourself a girl?” Tan boy asks him, looking from me, to him, and then back at me.

“No, Vic, this is my cousin – Lil. Lil, this is one of my best friends, Vic.” He says introducing us.

Vic licks his lips and extends a hand out to me, looking at me with big brown eyes that look so familiar to me for whatever reason.

“Nice to meet you” He says with a blinding smile. He steps aside so we can come in to the house. I look around and there’s lots of people dancing, a blunt being passed around, and some guys chugging bear like it’s nothing.

“Hey Jaime, if you need me, I’ll be around back at the pool, Lil – it was really nice to meet you.” He says to us, and he’s already stripping of his clothes as he’s making his way to the pool.

“Let’s get something to drink, yeah?” Jaime says, all but pulling me into the kitchen area, and when we arrive, he asks me what I want. I’m looking around at all the various bottles, and I see whiskey and grab it, while Jaime hands me two shot glasses. I fill them both and on the count of three we take them, smiling at the familiar fire we feel down our throats.

“Here, let’s make a toast.” Jaime says taking two red cups, and filling them with another type of alcohol. He hands me one of the cups.

“A toast for reuniting, and a toast to the past. You’re going to move on to bigger and better things. I can promise you that on everything I care about, Lillith Arin Valentine. Welcome to San Diego.” He says, all smiles, and we clink cups, and down the contents in one swallow.

Whatever this shit is, it’s got me feeling good already. I put my cup down, and saunter into the living room where everyone is dancing.

I put my arms up and sway and dance by myself. I had a couple of guys wrap hands around my waist and try to dance with me, but I politely shrug them off. I feel great. This is about me right now. I’m having a great time, and I’m starting to welcome this new beginning in my life.

After about five songs, I’m beyond tired and look around for Jaime. I scan the crowd and when I don’t see him, I decide to go out back to the pool.

Things are just as hectic out there, as they were inside. If even possible, there is more alcohol, weed, naked girls running about, and men ogling them.

I see Jaime sitting with Vic, and some other guy with really large stretched ears, a surface piercing, and a single braid underneath his lazy Mohawk. They’re sitting at a table aside the pool.

I pass buy a guy who’s talking to some girl, with a drink in his hand, and I casually take it – and make my way over to my cousin and his friends.

I take the one empty seat and cross my legs, sipping at the drink.

“Tone, this is my Lil, she’s my cousin, Lil, meet Tony. He’s pretty rad, and likes turtles.” Jaime says taking a swig of his beer.

Tony gives me a shy smile, and I give him a small wave back. He has a perfect smile too, just like Vic.

“So, we’ve known Jaime all our life… no offence but how are we just now meeting you? We’re pretty familiar with his family?” Vic asks, looking at me curiously.

“W-Well.” I hiccup. “Me and Jaime were related through a marriage for about five years or so. W-we don’t see each other because I lived so far away, but now I live with h-him.” I say, downing the rest of my drink and setting down the empty cup, and propping my legs up on the table.

Vic and Tony nod their heads in understanding, taking swigs of their beers.

“So what brings you up to San Diego?” Tony asks politely.

I dwell on if I should just give a short version of the truth, or tell them something about missing Jaime.

“Me and Jaime have just been talking a lot more in recent months and he invited me to come and stay with him, and I just couldn’t say no.” I say to Tony with a smile, and I give a very short, quick warning glance to Jaime when Tony looks away.

“Well, I’m glad you came down. It’s really nice to meet you. You’re going to love it in San Diego. We’ll make sure of it.” Vic says with a huge smile, and Jaime can’t help but smile as well, giving me an “I told you so look.”

“You guys are to kind to me.” I say as I start to get up. “If you all would excuse me, I’m going to try to find the nearest bathroom though.” I tell them, while trying to steady myself.

“If you go into the little hallway off of the living room, there’ll be one on your right hand side” Tony tells me, and I give him a thumbs up as I’m retreating.

I’m walking through the living room, and I see the hallway Tony was telling me about, but I’ve already forgotten what side he said this bathroom was on… Fuck me.

I open the first door and I see a man on top of a woman, and they’re going at it like rabbits and I shut that damn door just as quickly as it was opened. Okay. That clearly wasn’t right.

I try my hand at the first door on the left, and I decide to knock before opening it.

“Someone’s in here, just give me a second.” A man calls out to me, and I hear the putting down of the seat, a zipper, flushing, and then sink water.

After a couple of seconds, a tall, lanky man is exiting the bathroom and almost runs into me.

“Sorry babe, didn’t see you…there.” The man backs up a little bit, and looks at me really hard.

At first I’m taken aback, but then I start to study his features too, and recognition washes over my face quicker than his.

“I feel like I’ve seen you before. No. I know I’ve seen you before.” He says, and then his eyes leave my face, and go to my shirt.

“Lil! Lil Lil! Dancing on tables Lil!” Mike exclaims outstretching his arms, and I walk into them without hesitation.

He kisses the top of my forehead and holds me for a second longer, and then slowly pulls away.

“How are you? Please tell me you haven’t been getting as plastered as you did that one night?” He asks with a knowing smile, and I put my head down in embarrassment.

“I’m still really sorry for that you know. You didn’t have to take care of me.” I say bashfully.

He takes one of his long fingers, and pushes my chin up so I’m looking into his eyes.

“Don’t apologize. You know I didn’t mind. I enjoyed the time we had spent together. I wasn’t lying when I told you that.” He says smiling, scratching the back of his neck. “So. How are you even here, like not trying to be rude at all or anything, but I mean, San Diego is far off your beaten path, right?”

“Uh, yeah. It really is. I don’t know if you know a Jaime Preciado, but I’m here with him. He’s my cousin, and I’m now living with him.” I say playing with the end of my shirt dress nervously.

“Of course I know Hime Time! He never told me he had such a beautiful cousin.” He says with a grin, and I start to feel heat rising to my cheeks.

“Awh, are you blushing sweetheart?” Mike croons at me and I push him lightly. “No, Mike.” And I give him a fake scowl and cross my arms.

“You know, call me weird, but I’ve actually been thinking about you a lot, since the club and you being at my house. I’ve been wondering if you’ve been okay and shit.” Mike says sincerely, while taking a seat against the wall in the hallway, and I sit across from him.

“I’ve been alright. You’re really too sweet Mike. You don’t need to worry about me. Jaime does enough worrying about me.” I say with a shrug.

“That’s what Jaime does. He’s everyone’s keeper.” Mike says, smiling at Jaime’s kindness.

“Oh, and I like what you did to my shirt. You look beautiful tonight.” He tells me, eyes roaming my body. Not hungrily. Not like a wolf, but like someone appreciating a painting.

“Thank you, Mikey.” I say softly, pulling my long, blue black hair over one of my shoulders.

“Hey Lil. Can you do me a favor?” Mike asks, getting up, and extending two hands to help me up.

“Yeah, what’s up?” I answer, taking his hands and letting him pull me up.

“I want you to dance with me.” He says, not asks, and we walk hand in hand back into the living room area.

The music is still blasting and people are practically dry humping on the floor, and Mike leads me into the mix of people with his hands on my waist, holding me close. I sway and grind and he seems to be enjoying every minute of it, and I am also.

When the song ends, Mike spins me around to face him, and he takes his hands and run them through my hair, whilst staring deep in to my eyes for a good minute, and he gets really close to me, as if he’s going to kiss me. Our lips are practically touching, and he says to me. “Usted me mantenga pulsada la tecla con los ojos.” And then puckers his lips slightly, and kisses. A small, soft peck, while still staring into my eyes.

He removes his fingers from my hair, and brings his face away from my slowly.

I can honestly say that that was the sexiest, most sensual thing I've ever experienced, but yet I feel so guilty.

“Mikey. I don’t know what you want from me, but all I can give you is a friendship right now.” I whisper more so to myself.

I feel so disgusting all of a sudden. Like I’m cheating on Cam. I feel like I’m disrespecting him in a way. We’ve been broken up for three or four days, and here I am, carrying on like a common whore, letting Mike kiss and flirt with me. I bit my lip nervously and start to back away, but Mike catches my hand quickly before I can get to far.

“I’m really sorry if I scared you. I just think you’re beautiful, and I’m fine with friendship. That’s what I want as well, but I couldn’t resist myself.” He says with a shrug at the last part, and I nod my head.

“It’s fine. Let’s just go get something to drink?” I ask ,and I follow him back to the kitchen island, and he starts mixing drinks for the both of us.

If I drink a little more, the guilt will go away. Why the fuck do I even feel guilty though? I’m as free as a bird now, and look at this opportunity. There’s an attractive, kind man who want’s to show me affection, and here I am, about to burst into tears because of it.

I need to do some serious evaluating.

“Here you go sugar, drink up.” Mike hands me one of the red cups and we both down the contents.

Just keep drinking and it will all go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, this one is a little weird.
I'm sorry if it doesn't meet up to anyone's expectations.
I hope this will hold you all for a while.

I need to finish my chapter for Queen of hearts.

I'll try to update this in a week or so. Thank's for all the reads & subscriptions. You guys are the best.

Oh. Mike tells Lil that "She hold's him / holds him down with her eyes" We'll get into that later.

Love, S. xx