Status: Very Much Active. ^.^

I'm Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket

You're Not Drowning

About an hour and some change has passed, and to be quite honest with you, I’m pretty far-gone. Not as bad as the night at the club, but I’m certainly drunk.

“Miiikey, Goddamn it I want to go swimming. Why won’t you let me go swim?” I’m pouting as we’re sitting on a couch, watching the people around us, and he’s casually smoking a cigarette flicking the ashes in an empty cup besides him.

“For the third time in a row, Lil, you will drown. You can barley walk straight your reaction time to everything is delayed. Just sit here with me.” He says, clearly getting annoyed, but still tolerating me.

“Why do you hate me so much Mikey, what the fuck?” I grumble as I start to get up to go towards the pool, and he’s up in record time scooping me up quickly, and I start to laugh uncontrollably.

“Why are you so damn hard headed? Hm? You want to swim so badly, let’s go fucking swim then princess.” He says with a dark chuckle, and before I know it – he’s running to the back door, at full speed, still holding me over his shoulder and I’m laughing like a maniac.

Before I know it, he jumps in the pool, fully clothed and all.

He’s still holding me as we’re submerged, sinking deeper and deeper into the water. He lets go of me, so I’m now in front of him, and we open our eyes to look at one another. It’s only a little blurry, but I can see him well enough, since the pool is illuminated. He’s smiling at me. He lets me go, and extends both of his hands and I take them in mine.

He motions upwards with his head, so I start to kick for the surface and he follows. When we break the surface, Mike looks at me with a sly grin.

“Are you satisfied now? He asks, still not letting go of my hands.

“Very” I say with laughter in my voice.

“Good. I aim to please” He says all snooty and I splash him.

“Oh, we’re really going to play that game right now?” He says and I try to swim away from him but I fail miserably. Like he said, I am drunk and I just kind of thrash about and get nowhere, and I start to feel like I’m drowning. I start to whimper and panic. Mike just holds me again and shushes me.

“You’re not drowning. It’s okay. We’re going to go back inside.” He says holding on to me as he starts to swim to the pool steps.

“Mikey. I’m tired.” I yawn rubbing at my eyes, hardly able to even stand at this point. I guess I really wore myself out already.

“Okay. Tony has plenty of guest rooms to choose from. We’ll get you a shower, changed, and in bed.” He says picking me up, and I nuzzle my face into the space between his neck and shoulder.

“Why is this so familiar?” I ask Mike and he laughs at me.

_____

Mike took me upstairs to one of Tony’s extra rooms so I could shower. Mike went into Tony’s room so he could get himself together as well, seeing as though we were both dripping wet.

Before I got in, Mike handed me a sweatshirt and some basketball shorts to change into. Apparently he crashed at Tony’s often and had quite a few clothes here.

I quickly showered, toweled off, and dressed. I was so tired I couldn’t even think straight.

I plopped down on the bed and about fifteen minutes later, I heard a soft knock on the door.

“You decent babe?” I heard Mike’s voice call out, and I tell him to come in.

He’s wearing a Beavis and butthead tank top, and basketball shorts.

“I just wanted to say goodnight to you.” He says kind of shyly and I sit up.

I drunkenly make grabby hands at him and he comes over and gives me a hug.

“Goodnight Lil. I’ll see you whenever we’re awake.” He says, giving me a kiss atop my hair.

“Mikey, will you make me an omelet tomorrow?” I ask hopefully. I swear his chicken fajita omelets are to die for.

“Well, Tony’s a vegetarian, so I’ll have to go and by the stuff for them, but I’ll make you one. I promise.” Mike says giving me a grin.

“You’re the best. You’re cute and nice and you can cook and you like Harry Potter. Can we just get married already?” I ask him, my words slightly slurred as I snuggle deeper into the bed.

“Lil. You’re so fucking drunk. Goodnight.” He chuckles and closes the door quietly behind him.

I fall asleep instantly, and I dream of nothing but Mike, and how I feel when I’m around him.

Mike went downstairs, and back outside to smoke a cigarette and he ran into Vic, Jaime, and Tony.

“Guys. Guess who’s at this party!” Mike exclaims, taking a drag off of his parliament.

The guys all just kind of look at each other, unable to give Mike an answer.

“The girl that I took home from the club a few nights ago.” He says flicking ash off of his cigarette.

“Mike, come on – when are you not taking a girl home from the club.” Vic says with a laugh and the guys nod their heads in agreement.

“Okay, okay – fair enough. This is the girl I didn’t sleep with.” He says pulling up a chair and propping his feet up on Vic’s chair.

Vic rolls his eyes and pushes Mike’s feet down.

“The one who was too drunk to even function” He asks, and Mike nods his head happily.

“Did you talk to her? Does she even remember you?” Jaime asks truly interested. It’s rare to see Mike this excited over a girl.

“Yeah, I did. She danced with me, I kissed her, and we were actually just out here – The girl I ran into the pool with.” He says, smiling at how difficult she was being about swimming.

“Sorry bro, we kind of missed that, look at all these people. It’s hard to keep up.” Tony says with a chuckle.

“What’s her name? Do you remember it now? Vic asks.

“Yeah! It’s Lil. Her name is Lil. I think it’s short for something but she won’t tell me.” He says, flicking the butt of his cigarette.

Jaime and the rest of the guys sport a look of confusion and bewilderment.

“Wait. Lil? The girl we just met? But isn’t that your…” Tony trails off looking at Jaime.

“Pause. Palm Springs is my cousin?” Jaime says looking at Mike with wide eyes.

“Oh. Shit. Yeah, I guess. I think she told me you guys were family when I first ran into her tonight. I don’t really remember honestly.” He says with a sheepish grin.

“The world is too small of a place,” Jaime mutters, taking a large swig of his beer.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are the best.
Merry Christmas or whatever else you may celebrate.
The next chapter shouldn't take as long as this one to be posted.
I wasn't really sure where I wanted to take this one, especially the end - but I really wanted to post it for you guys, so I'm sorry if it does seem a bit rushed.
I have high expectations for the next one.
<3
xx S.