Status: Very Much Active. ^.^

I'm Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket

Pierce The Veil

As usual, the tension between Jaime and I earlier in the car quickly passed over. We could never stay mad or irritated at each other for long. Right now, we’ve been home for about two hours or so, and we’re watching some cheesy b-rated horror film.

When the movie goes off, Jaime gets up, and stretches. “Hey Lil, will you be alright here if I leave out for a little bit? I’ve got a few errands to run, and I’ve got to meet up with some people, and I’m not too sure when I’ll be back.” He says, looking around for his car keys.

“Jaime, again. You worry too much. I’ll be just fine here. Go do whatever you need to do. Maybe I’ll be productive and catch up on some of my online work, watch some movies, I don’t know.” I say with a wave of my hand, letting him know that it’s no big deal.

“Okay, if you say so. I don’t really have anything you can cook, so if you get too hungry you can like order something. I should have like twenty bucks in the drawer in the kitchen besides the fridge, and there are tons of menus in there to choose from as well. Uh, I don’t know if you have any friends that live in this part of California but if you get too bored, you can invite people over. This is just as much your place as it is mine. I love you and I’ll see you soon, alright?” Jaime asks while getting his keys, and jacket.

“Sir yes sir. Have fun, be safe, all that good shit.” I say to him with a salute and he tgives one last laugh and walks out the door.

Hm. What do I do now? Inviting friends over is out of the question. One, I don’t have any friends. Two, if I did, they all lived back in Palm Springs, which is a good two hours from where I am now. Fuck it, I’ll just get ahead on some math work.

_________

I’ve been doing school work for the past two hours until I hear my phone buzz with a text message. I don’t really speak to many people, so I don’t know who it could be.

I get up from the kitchen table and go over back to the living room where I left it. I unlock it and see a text message from a number that I don’t have saved.

I open it and it reads, “What are you getting into on this lovely evening”

I raise an eyebrow at the message and open a message to send back “As of right now, I’ve a wild night of school work a head of me, stranger.” I send back, hoping that the person will tell me who they are.

I take my phone back with me to the kitchen, and start back up on the math problem I was doing. About five minutes later, my phone buzzes again, and I pick it up, opening the new message.

“Homework isn’t fun. Let’s go somewhere. It’s Mike. You know, the cute, nice guy that you want to marry. (;” Is what the message reads, and I bury my face in my hands. I really need to stop getting trashed. I say the most embarrassing things.

“Don’t flatter yourself. I was drunk and you know it. I guess I’m not opposed to going out tonight. What did you have in mind?” I send back.

“Drunken words are sober thoughts. Honesty, I didn’t really get that far. I just wanted to see if you’d agree to hang out with me. (:” Mike replies practically instantly and my heart jumps just a little bit.

“Whatever, Mike. I guess you can come get me and we can decide what to do from there?” I type back to him.

“I’ll see you in 30 or so babe.” He texts back about five minutes later, and I roll my eyes at the pet name.

I shut my computer and go upstairs to get myself ready.

____________

When I step out of my shower, I go over to my bags which I’ve yet to unpack still. I rummage through and the first things I find a pair of black leggings, and a big, flowing sheer cheetah printed button up shirt., and a red tank top.

This will be perfect, actually.

After putting on proper undergarments, I pull on the tank top and leggings, and go to sit in front of the vanity. I pull my hair all together in my hands so I’m holding it all at the very top of my head.

I start to twist it very tightly until it coils around it’s self and I twist it into a very high bun, and secure it with a heavy duty hair tie I keep around my wrist, since I have so much hair, and it’s so thick.

I go back to my luggage’s and find the little bag where I keep all my hair accessories, and I find a simple red ribbon, and tie it in a bow around my hair tie. I take another glance at the mirror and can’t help but to smile. I actually feel pretty good about how I look, and I’m strangely excited for Mike to see me.

I put on a thin pair of sock, and my favorite brown oxfords. Rosie always called them my “Peter Pan shoes” I smile a little at the memory as I tie them up.
I hear three evenly spaced apart knocks at the door and I quickly stand up, and grab my shirt. “Coming!” I yell out, and I walk down the stairs, and into the living room.

I get on my tip-toes and peer through the peep hole, and see Mike. I smile really wide, but then collect myself.

“Pull it together Lil. Don’t look like an eager beaver when he comes in.” I whisper to myself.

After one more calming breath, I open the door, and there is Mike, looking really nice in a pair of dark skinny jeans, high tops, a red and black tank top that has an SD on it, and a black leather jacket.

“Hey, Lil.” He says with a smile, eyes giving me the once over.

“Hi Mike, uh, come in, I guess.” I say, eloquently and open the door wider for him to come in.

He steps in, and I close the door behind him, and I put on my shirt, and button it up.

“You look really good.” He says stepping forward slightly, and licking his lips.

“Thank you Mike, you do too.” I say with a small smile and look down.

“Are you ready to go?” extending his arm for me to take.

“Yeah, just let me grab my purse.” I say, and quickly cross the living room to one of the couches I left it on.

I link Mikes arm in mine, and we walk out to his red Avenger. When we approach the car, he releases our arms, and opens my car door for me, and I smile a little. Cam hardly ever opened doors for me.

“Thank you.” I say with a really big smile, and Mike closes the door, and climbs in on the drivers side. “You’re welcome Lil”

He pulls out of the driveway, and starts driving towards city.

“Okay babe, have you given any thought into what you want to do?” Mike says with one hand on the wheel, and eyes darting between the road and me.

“I don’t really know. I haven’t really been out to see what’s around here.” I say, looking out the window at all the buildings.

“Just name something, anything, and I’ll take you to it.” Mike says with a little grin, eyes still trained on the road.
Well now that I think about it, there is something I’d really like to do, and haven’t done in a while.

“Mike, can we go ice skating tonight?” I ask hesitantly, and place a hand on his arm. I read in my psychology book that if you want to persuade someone to do what you want them to do, a touch can honestly do the trick.

“Ice skating? Is that what you really want to do?” He asks nervously, and I nod my head in excitement.

He looks hesitant, but he sees the excitement on my face and he agrees.

“Alright, I know of a place not to far from here.” He says, and I smile with excitement.

“I love ice skating so much. Me and Cam used to go all the time, but I don’t really know what happened.” I say softly, furrowing my eyebrows at the memory.

Mike glances at me quickly, and then averts his eyes back to the road. “Who’s Cam?” He asks, and I’m upset with myself for even mentioning him.

“Just someone I used to know.” I say, looking at my nails.

“Hm.” Mike simply says.

About ten minutes later, we pull up to the ice skating rink, and I can hardly contain my glee. I’m practically bouncing in my seat.

Mike walks around to my side of the car and opens the door for me while I get out.

“You’re so cute, you know that.” Mike says to me with a smile, and I blush.

“Why do you say that?” I ask him, as he sets his alarm and we walk into the rink.

“Your excitement about this. I think this is the most I’ve seen you smile since I’ve been around you. Not that you don’t smile, but I can actually see it reaching your eyes, you know.” Mike says, looking down at me.

I look anywhere but at him, and he slings an arm around me. “Don’t be so shy. I really am not that bad. You know this.” He says giving me a squeeze and I nod my head.

“Welcome to the Ice House, what size can I – Oh. My. God.” The girl running the rental counter starts to say. She was writing something down but cut her self off when she looked up and saw me and Mike.

I give Mike sideways glance and he gives a sheepish grin like he’s experienced this before.

“Okay, I know you’re here to enjoy yourself with your girlfriend but I just wanted to say that Pierce The Veil is one of my favorite bands, you’re such a talented drummer, and can I just please get a picture? It’s not every day one of your idols walk into your place of work.” The girl says really quickly, and she looks like she’s going to cry. Her words are so sincere. She’s so precious.

“Of course you can have a picture, come around here!” Mike says with the biggest smile on his face.

The girl scrambles around the counter, pulls out her phone, and turns to me.

“Hey, could you please take a picture of us, if you don’t mind?” She asks sweetly, and who am I tell this girl no?

“Yeah of course! Lean in close!” I say, taking her phone in my hands. “One, two, three.” I count down and snap the picture. It came out really well and they both look so happy. I hand her back her phone and she thanks me for the picture, and I give her a smile in return.

“Thank you so much Mike. You’re the best. This really means a lot to me. I hope one day I’ll get to meet the others as well.” She says, and she looks as if she’s on cloud nine, and Mike pulls her in for another hug.

“You’re so welcome. Everything we do, we do it for the fans. I’m sure you’ll meet everyone else as well soon. Don’t worry, your time will come.” He says letting her go, and she goes back around the counter.

I’m just standing there like an idiot, completely confused as to what is happening, and Mike is nudging me out of my stupor.

“What?” I ask him.

“Your skate size? She needs to know.” He says in a duh tone.

“Oh! Can I get a size ten please?” I ask the girl, and while she’s in the back looking for me and Mike’s skates, we’re taking off our shoes.

“Mike, what was that even? Are you famous or some shit?” I ask disbelieving.

“I mean if that’s the term you want to use… but wait… you have no idea what I do? What Jaime, Vic, and Tony do?” He asks, putting his shoes and mine on the counter. The girl pops back in with our skates, and tells us that rentals are on the house. Mike and I thank her.
“Actually… now that I think about it, no. I don’t know exactly what Jaime does, all I know is whatever his line of work is, it keeps him really busy.” I say as we’re both sitting down, and putting on our skates.

Mike laughs in bewilderment. “So you’re telling me you guys are family, and you don’t even know what he does for a living?” Mike asks, raising an eyebrow.

I sigh starting to get annoyed. “Yes Michael, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Me and Jaime were a lot close when I was younger, but when we got older, I moved and we both were always busy. Now quit asking me questions and tell me what’s up!” I say poking him in the side, and he swats my hand away.

“Well, we’re all in a band! We’re called Pierce The Veil, and we’re pretty fucking great.” He exclaims, and his whole face lights up. I can really tell that this band really means the world and more to him.

“You’re joking. Mike you’re such a liar!” I say standing up, and putting my hands on my hips. I mean really. What are the chances of my fucking cousin and his friends being in a famous band. Come on. This is the shit that happens on television.

Mike stands up, towering over me even more due to the skates. He looks down at me in amusement. “Okay, if I’m lying, then how do you explain the girl at the counter? She clearly recognized me, and said that we were one of her favorite bands. Come on Lil, get it together.” He says with a smirk.

I replay everything in my head. Okay. I guess he’s right. Whatever. Now that I think about it, I feel like I’ve heard of them before, I just can’t place my finger on where.

“Alright Michael, whatever. You’re a famous rock star. Doesn’t mean you’re too good to get out here and ice skate with me, right?” I ask looking up at him with a smile.

“Never that, babe.” He says smile and we start to make our way to the ice.

We haven’t even made it out onto the ice rink yet, and Mike is already wobbling all over the place.

“Shit! Fucking shit!” He mutters as he tries to regain his balance.

“Awh! Mike is this your first time ice skating?” I ask and he scowls at me slightly.

“You know, I’m starting to regret this already.” He mutters, looking at the ice.

“Aren’t you just precious! Come on, it will be fun, I’ll teach you.” I say extending a hand out towards him, and he instantly perks up, lacing his fingers with mine, and rubbing his thumb slightly over my hand. I roll my eyes and lead him out to the ice.

As soon as we step foot, Mike is nothing but a flailing mess of limbs.

“God damn it Lil I’m going to break a fucking limb and then I'll be out of a job!” He exclaims while still scrambling, and I look at him completely un amused.

“Mike, you are such a drama queen. You aren’t going to break anything! Just stand still!” I exclaim, and eventually, he stops spazzing out, and he’s just standing next to me, staring ominously at the ice.

Tonight is going to be too much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this took me so fucking long to write! I had writers block, and then two weeks ago, I went to the Of Mice & Men concert, and I got sick. It was the worst. I'm feeling a lot better, and I'm totally back into my writing game! I made this one extra long to make up for me being missing in action! The date will be continued in the next chapter. Thank you guys for still sticking 'round and being so damn awesome!

Oh! and also, I have a Pierce The Veil one shot tumblr too! Feel free to follow it, and send in requests if you'd like! http://www.ptv-oneshots.tumblr.com

- Sandy. <3