Status: Very Much Active. ^.^

I'm Low on Gas and You Need a Jacket

I Don't Look Sour

"Okay, so just push your feet forward, and shift your weight, I won't let go. Just copy my movements and you'll be fine, okay?" I tell Mike and he breathes out slowly.

"Alright Lil, but I'm telling you, if I die, you'll never hear the end of this." Mike says and I laugh.

I start to pull him along as I'm skating, and he's a little shaky, but he's doing pretty well. He hasn't fallen yet and that's all we can ask for.

"See, is this so bad?" I tease and he rolls his eyes. "Be quiet Lil." He says with a laugh, still awkwardly moving about.

"You're doing pretty great though Mike! By the time the night is over, you'll be able to do this!" I say to him as I get in front of him and take his other hand in mine, while skating backwards.

"Oh, you just think you're so cool, don't you." He says grinning at me and I smile triumphantly.

"I don't think, Michael, I know." I say to him, looking over my shoulder every now and then, making sure I'm not about to hit a wall, or run into anyone.

---

“Lil I’m hungry!” Mike whines slowing to a stop, swinging my arm while our fingers are still intertwined.

“Okay you big baby, can we do one more lap and then we can go eat?” I ask hopefully and he nods his head yes.

As soon as we start to push off, we hear a little kid yelling “look out!” and before I know it, Mike has grabbed me so this kid don’t collide. The child is fine but now, here Mike and I are, tumbling to the ice, and I feel terrible because I’m on top of him, practically crushing him.

When we hit the ice, Mike shuts his eyes really tightly, for a few seconds, and then opens them after while, and looks straight at me. I don’t have anywhere else really to look, besides at him, and I take in all of his facial features. The fullness of his lips, and how well he pulls off the two of his lip piercings. I also notice the little bump in the bridge of his nose, and all the tiny little laugh lines in the corners of his eyes, like he spends every day laughing at bad jokes, and how his eyebrows arch up really high at the ends.

“Lil, are you okay?” He asks, rubbing my back, and I snap out of my trance, and get off of him quickly.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine. I just kind of zoned out, I’m sorry.” I say, standing upright, and he picks him self up off the ice as well, and dusts himself off.

“If you say so.” He says, giving me a sideways glance and yet again, taking my hand in his as we skate towards the exit.

---

“Hi, Welcome to Bencotto’s I’m Tori and I’ll be your waitress for tonight, what can I get you both to drink?” Tori asks Mike and I. Well, more so Mike. She’s eyeing him like he’s a literal piece of meat and I’m just sitting here like the invisible woman.

“Hey, Can I just have a Bud Light?” Mike asks her and she nods and smile really wide. Her face falls when she turns to me, and she asks what I’d like to drink, reluctantly. “I’ll just have a water.” I say with a smile, and she nods shortly and walks off.

I see Mike staring hard at her ass as she’s walking away, and I roll my eyes. I’m really not jealous or anything of the sort, it’s just annoying how some guys just have no tact.

“Why you look so sour?” Mike asks leaning forward a little bit.

“I don’t look sour.” I say back shortly, picking up my menu to read over it.

“Could have fooled me.” He grumbles, and he picks up his menu as well.

About ten minutes later, Tori comes back with our drinks. “Are you both ready to order, or would you like another minute?” She asks.

Mike closes his menu and sets it down, “I’m ready if you are.” He says to me kindly.

“I think I’ll do the Pasta Your Way, with the pesto sauce and tagiliatelle integrali pasta” I say to her and she just writes it down and takes my menu.

“And for you sir?” She says with too much enthusiasm.

“Yeah, I’ll take the Brasato Di Manzo Con Polenta with extra potatoes.” Mike says, and he hands her the menu.

“Okay! I’ll have that right out for you. Oh and by the way, you guys are really cute together.” She says looking at him, and then me.

“Oh, uh, we’re not together.” I mumble, taking a sip of my water, and with that, she goes off to place in our orders.

When she’s gone, I catch Mike looking smug, and I shoot him a glance.

“What the hell are you looking so sly about?” I ask him, clearly annoyed.

He gives me one of his stupid laughs and raises his hands in defense. “Calm down sparky, I didn’t even say anything!” He says, full on laughing.

“I don’t understand what’s so fucking funny. Our waitress is rude as fuck and I don’t have time for this nonsense just because she thinks you’re so cute.” I say putting my cup down with much more force than needed.

“Is someone jealous?” Mike coos at me, reaching over to pinch my face and I slap his hand away.

“No you psycho, what the fuck do I have to be jealous for? She’s a rude bitch and that’s all about it.” I say, crossing my arms and glaring.

“Hm. I think I like feisty Lil. Maybe we should come here more often.” Mike says with a big shit eating grin, while reaching over to grab my hand.

“Implying that I’d ever go out with you again.” I say smugly, and snatch my hand away quickly. Mike of course doesn’t believe me.

“Lil you’re so full of it, you’re telling me you didn’t have a good time tonight so far?” Mike asks looking at me seriously and I just can’t lie to him.

“Calm down Mike. I’m having a great time, actually. You’re a lot of fun. You get on my nerves sometimes, but you’re really fun, and I’m really glad you asked me to hang out with you tonight. Really.” I say touching his wrist reassuringly, and he takes my hand and kisses it, and rubs his thumb across my knuckles. “I’m really glad you said yes, and I’m only annoying because I know you secretly love it.” He says and I pull my hand away and laugh.

“There you go again, always ruining a moment Mike!”

---

We’ve eaten our food, and Mike just paid. We’re waiting on Tori to come back with Mike’s card.

“Thank you again for dinner Mike, you really didn’t have to pay though.” I say to him, and he waves me off. “You’re welcome, and I know I didn’t, but I did, so just leave it alone.” He says and I just smile to my self. He really is too nice to me.

Tori has arrived back in record time, and she hands Mike back the black folder with his card and receipt in. He gets the contents out and laughs slightly at the piece of paper in his hands and sets it back down on the table.

“What’s that?” I gesture to the paper with my eyes, as he’s getting up, beckoning me to follow suit.

“I guess its Tori’s phone number.” He says putting an arm around my shoulders as we walk to the car, leaving the number behind.

---

“Hey Mike… uh, did you want to come inside for a little bit? Maybe we can rent a movie or something?” I ask Mike shyly when we get to the front door. I don’t really want him to leave just yet. We’ve had such a good time tonight and I’m not quite ready for it to end.

“I’d love to babe.” He says giving me a soft smile. I don’t even cringe or get mad at the pet names he calls me at this point. I’ve come to realize that’s just how Mike is and there isn’t really anything I can say that will stop him. I put my key in the door, letting us both in, and flicking on the lights.

“I’m going to go upstairs and change. You can pick whatever.” I say to him as I start to retreat upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, you all probably hate me because cliff hangers and the quality of this chapter.
It's okay. Then next one will be very interesting to say the least.
I know this story is really slow moving, but trust me, I have a lot in store for this. Just keep bearing with me. In the mean time, feel free to check this out - ptv-oneshots.tumblr.com I run this blog

- S. xx