Status: The layout is a temporary

Daughter of Anarchy.

Chapel is No Place for Girl.

My speeding cab came turning through the metal gates of Teller-Morrow Auto Mechanic Shop. It had been a long flight from Belfast, Ireland to Charming, California and I hated the States. They were in no comparison to how beautiful the scenery was at home. The SAMCRO president had contacted me and said he needed me in Charming for club business. Jax never told me what I would be doing or how I would serve any purpose in even being around SAMCRO. I mean I hung around the Belfast charter of Sons but that was only because my brother was a member.

The yellow cab came to a halt and the sweat drenched, none deodorant wearing cab driver turned his chubby, thick face towards the back seat.

"It'll be $58, sunshine."

His body odor was the worst thing I had ever smelt. He smelled worse than the men that would get drunk and piss all over themselves at the bar I worked in back home. And when this fat, cab driver opened his mouth, the stench grew stronger. Not even the rolled down windows could lure the smell out of the jo maxi. He had a small, fan clipped to his dashboard that was pushing the smelly breeze, forcibly through my nostrils.

"Um, darling. The money?"

He held his impatient, hairy, food stained hands out for the paper. I quickly threw the money onto his palms and began to get out of the cab. My nose gratefully traded the scent of oil, rubber, and gasoline for the scent that was in that cab.

A tall man with a cigarette between his lips came running over to me.

"Hey, lassie! What in the world are you doing here?"

It was my cousin's thick, Scottish accent that was ringing through my ears. He pulled me into a tight hug. The side of my face rested on his whiskey scented 'RedWood Originals' patch.

"How have you been, Filip? You haven't seemed to change a bit. Ya still seem not the full shilling, though."

My cousin, Chibs, let out a small chuckle as he took the last draw from his cigarette.

"You know it's not in the Telford nature to be completely sane! Now, honestly, what are you doing here in Charming, Isobel? Oh, and how's ya brother, Danny? Have you heard from Fiona at all?"

I hadn't seen my cousin, since SAMCRO traveled to Belfast 3 years ago. Chibs and I were always really close even though he was much older than I. I was 24 and he never told anyone his age but I figured he was somewhere in the later years of his 40s.

"I honestly do not know, cousin. I was summoned. Danny got appointed to be Sgt. at arms and I had saw Fiona a week ago. Her and the girl are doing fine now that Jimmy isn't around...Jackson didn't tell you he was bringing me in, did he?"

"Issy, I don't like you being involved with club business. This is for men. I don't know what Jackie boy is thinking. If he was going to bring a woman into this, why would he pick you over Maureen Ashby?"

"Hey, watch your tone, Filip. Have you forgotten what I did for our family? I can be just as lethal as any man can be."

"Don't say anything about that night to any of the guys. Do you understand me?"

I nodded. Although, he really didn't like me in Charming for club business, I knew it meant a lot for Chibs to see someone from the family...Or what's left of it.

A short man, balding on the top of his head, came skipping over to us with an extended robotic looking hand.

"Ah, fuck." My cousin mumbled under his breath as he lit himself another cigarette and offered me one. I graciously took the offer and inhaled the smoke.

"Hey, hey. Sorry to interrupt, I'm Chucky. You must be Isobel?"

I looked at his robotic like, fake fingers and it creeped the living hell out of me.

"My god. He's got gammy hands."

"Uhm. I accept that. Well, Jax just wanted me to let you two know that everyone is waiting in the chapel."

And with that said the man, Chucky, wondered off towards a door labeled, 'Office.' I was nervous. A woman simply didn't just go sit in the chapel and be involved in a meeting.

"What an odd little fellow."

"Yeah, he's definitely not the full shilling."

We both laughed a little and began to walk towards the club house.

"What happened to his fingers?"

"Eh, he had gotten into some trouble with the Chinese. The boys not right in the head, Issy. He has this nervous habit of constantly playing with himself and as punishment the Chinks cut them down to nubs."

"Jesus. Poor fellow. He doesn't seem like the troubling type."

"Well, you don't seem like the innocent little lass with idle hands type, now do ya?" Chibs flicked his finished cigarette before we walked into the building.

"What is he? Is he going to be a prospect or something?"

"Honestly, I have no clue what he is. I mean, he helps the club out but he'll never get patched in. Tig and Gemma are the ones who kind of got attached to the guy."

"And you guys can trust him?"

"Aye."

He nodded and pulled me into a half hug as we reached the wooden, chapel doors.

"I really don't like Jax pulling my family into this. Especially my baby cousin."

"Filip, it'll be fine. You know I can handle myself."

"Come on, Issy. This is no place for a woman. If you get harmed, I'll kill Jax. This club has killed off family members before. Are you sure you don't want to just leg it and get back on a plane to Belfast?"

I rolled my blue eyes and pushed open the wooden doors to the chapel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!