Status: The layout is a temporary

Daughter of Anarchy.

A Heavy Heart Holds A Heavy Fist.

"Wake up."

I turned to my side and threw a pillow over my ears.

"WAKE. UP."

My arms clenched on to the pillow tighter. My head was booming due to a hangover and the man yelling for me to awake was not helping any.

"ISOBEL. I said get up, Lass!"

"Filip, leave me be."

"Pull the covers, Juice."

I felt my covers being pulled off of me, exposing my underwear. Instantely, I popped up and snatched the blanket back.

"Jesus, Filip, what the fuck?"

"Jax, told me to get you. Us three are to ride over to Wendy's house."

Juice tried his hardest to avoid looking at my bare legs. I know he felt awkward being in my room with my cousin. I know he felt especially awkward because of the things I had said to him.

"W-wendy? Jax's junkie ex?"

"Yeah. Jax's junkie DEAD ex. Now get up and put some clothes, for Christ's sake, Issy."

When he said the word, 'dead,' he looked at me as if I had already known.

"So why am I needed, Filip?"

Chibs made a huffing sound and rolled his eyes.

"Juicy boy, could you let me and my cousin have a word?"

"Oh, uh yeah! Sure thing!" Juice made a seconds worth of eye contact with me before he exited and shut the door behind him.

Filip crossed his arms and made the huffing sound again.

"Do you take me for a fool, huh?"

I nodded from left to right.

"Then what do you take me for, Isobel?"

"I..."

"You need to stop thinking you can do what men do."

"Are you saying I'm no good 'cause I am woman?"

"Lass, I'm saying you need to act like a woman."

"You are un-fucking-believeable, Filip."

His firm hand reached out and grabbed my chin, forcing me to look him in the eye.

"You listen here, little girl. You are a murderer. You killed half your family, and now Jax has you killing his. Before you know it, he'll be trusting you to take care of Clay. You are to act like a lady. Take after Tara. She does what needs to be done when it comes down to it."

I smacked his hand from my face.

"Stop acting like you're innocent. You taught me this. You showed me this life. YOU taught me to take care of myself. So shoot the teacher not the student, Filip." He straightened his back. "I have done what needs to be done. I am a Telford. I am no man's old lady!"

I stood up and stormed out of my room. I forgot that I was still in my underwear when I walked past Juice.

"What are you looking at, boy?"

Juice tilted his head towards the side and grabbed my arm.

"You are going to stop talking to me like that. I'm not a little fucking boy. You will not talk down to me. And I heard your little conversation. All of it. Don't forget your place, Issy."

I felt a tear formulate in the corner of my eye. I tried hard to stop it from breaking over the rim of my eyelid, but failed. I quickly wiped the tear and Juice's face expression towards me, softened.

"I liked you. I liked you a lot. I liked you from the moment I saw you in Belfast. But you push me so far away. I'm over it, Issy. I'm done. You want to be one of the boys? Well, fuck it. I'll treat you like a pal."

The whites of my eyes filled with more tears.

He reached his hand up and wiped my steady, stream of tears, off my face before walking off. Before I could have a moment to myself, my cousin walked out from the doorway of my bedroom towards me.

"Get dressed and hurry up, lassy."

He shoved a pair of my pants in my arms and avoided my eyes.

***************************

I wanted to crawl back into my bed and cry. Maybe I wasn't cut out for a man's work. But then again, what is man's work. Filip knew and knows exactly what I am capable with doing and capable of getting away with. I didn't know what more I could do or say to make it obvious that I was just as good as any of the guys. Just as swift to be cold-hearted.

I was in deep thought sitting at the bar, hoping that Chibs and Juice had just left but with in 5 minutes of my thoughts, I was being called to leave.

We rode through neighborhoods and eventually stopped our bikes in front of a familiar house. Only this time, it was a crime scene.

Chibs was the first to get off his bike and take his helmet off.

"You two, stay put." He glanced at me. I knew he knew that Juice was upset with me and I was upset because he was. Any other time, he would've allowed Juice to walk over with him to speak to the police.

As my cousin's tall, figure walked into the home that was once Jax's ex wife's, Juice and I stood by our bikes in silence.

"So you killed her?"

I looked towards the house and nodded yes.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I know why you killed everyone in your family but your brother and Chibs."

I, sharply, turned my focus towards him. At that moment, I went from feeling bad that we would never be able to have a relationship, to wanting to rip his tongue out.

I turned my body so that I faced him and I lifted my finger towards the center of his face.

"You don't know shit, you unloyal half nigger."

And at that moment, I knew what I had just done. He had dirt on my past but he didn't know I knew stuff about his past. I wasn't a racist type of girl nor was I raised to be that way but I knew it would hurt him. I knew of all the nonsense that he went through when that American cop threatened to tell the club that he came from a black father. I did that research. I knew what I said would damage us even more. But no one was to speak of my family. Filip even knew better.

"You're unbelieveable." His tan complexsion shot a light color of red. "Yeah, a nigger, right? Is that how you feel about Fiona and Kerrianne?"

I looked to the wheels of my bike but kept a hardened expression.

"You racist fucking bitch." His fist were hanging and I could tell that he wished I was a man so he could hit me. God, he wanted to hit me so bad. And he almost did.

His fist reached up, level to my face.

"YOU STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER, JUICE. YOU PUT YOUR DAMN HAND DOWN." Chibs was running up behind Juice and in the process, tackled him to the hard ground.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, boy?"

Juice just stared blankly at the sky. His whole body shaking with anger.

"Get her out of here, Chibs. Get her away." His voice sounded hurt and tired.

Chibs stood up and spat on the ground next to Juice's head.

"Don't you ever raise a filthy hand towards a woman. Isobel, go on."

I stood there confused about the moment.

"I SAID GO ON!"

Filip was so angry that his eyes showed no remorse. I hopped on my bike and strapped my helmet on.

"We're going to talk later."

"I'm tired of talking."

"Isobel. We WILL fucking talk later. Do you understand me, girl?"

I nodded and started the bike up. My mind was so clouded that I didn't even care about what Chibs had discussed with the police. I just wanted to crawl back to Ireland, where I felt wanted.