Status: This baby is completed. (: Enjoy.

Props and Mayhem

Props and Mayhem Numero Dieciseis

Emme pulled her head back enough to see around the flowers, and she batted them aside. “What is he doing here?” she gasped out to Jayne.
Kellin put his hands on his hips. “Apparently you didn’t miss me at all. I thought I’d at least get a hello.”
Jayne just shrugged at her sheepishly.
“I did miss you,” objected Emme, putting her hand on his arm quickly. “I was just surprised.”
Kellin laughed. “I’m just teasing you, don’t worry.”
Hesitantly, Emme took the bouquet and led them inside, glancing around for her mother. She was glad that she’d cleaned up the house now that Kellin was here. She was also glad that her mother wasn’t around. After all, Emme barely what was going on. She doubted she’d be able to explain Kellin’s presence to anyone else. “Why are you here, though?” Emme asked, turning the dark-haired man once the trio had reached her bedroom. “I’m just curious,” she added, not punching him lightly in the shoulder.
“The tour’s over,” Kellin explained with a shrug. “We actually got back a few days ago.”
Emme had to stop and think for a moment. Actually, that made sense. It had been about a month and a half, and touring was quick, stressful—at least what she understood of it.
Jayne brushed her long hair off her neck and over one shoulder before reclining on the floor. “I’m glad you guys are back.”
“How’d you know where I live?” Emme raised her eyebrows at Kellin and added, “are you stalking me?”
He just smirked, his green eyes dancing. “You wish,” he shot back. “The only reason we know your address is because of this one.” Kellin gestured to Jayne. “She spilled the beans.”
“There were no beans to spill!” Jayne defended herself. “We’ve been keeping in touch; well, mostly Jesse and I. Anyway, I thought that maybe we’d want to see everyone else again, you know?”
“Reunion!” Kellin declared.
Emme grinned. Somehow, she could tell that not much Astronomy was going to get done. She tossed the roses on the bed. “Shouldn’t you be giving those to your fiancé and not to me?”
“They’re not actually from me. Jaime wanted to bring them himself but he was too scared to.” Kellin pushed a piece of hair out of his face, charming somehow with this one gesture.
“Why?” Emme paused. “Oh. Never mind.” She could figure out why. She glanced at the flowers and felt guilty. “Where is he?”
Kellin bit back a laugh. “No idea. Probably still back at the hotel.”
After that laugh, Emme knew to be suspicious. “Oh, really? Are you sure about that?”
“I’m definite.” Kellin looked her straight in the eye for a moment. Then he promptly began to beatbox.
It succeeded in distracting the girls, and Emme could barely keep herself from squealing with delight. He was beatboxing Mario Brothers songs, and he was insanely good at it.
Jayne’s eyes met Emme’s, and she simply shook her head. Words could not describe what was going on at the moment.
Finally, Kellin wrapped it up and grinned. “Ta-da!” He did jazz hands and his eyes roved the room. “Man, I need some water.”
Emme was halfway up to grab him a water bottle, but then she paused. “But really. Where is Jaime?”
The other two exchanged looks, and Emme could barely stand it. Jayne twisted her earring. “Well…” she trailed off.
“He’s in the car, actually,” finished Kellin, scratching his arm.
Emme calmed herself by staring at the tattoo circling his collarbone. She pressed her lips together. “It’s now or never, guys.”
Kellin nodded and reiterated, “now or never.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, Emme's finally going to figure things out with Jaime? Or is she? This could end very well, or very badly.... Stay tuned. ;)