Status: This baby is completed. (: Enjoy.

Props and Mayhem

Props and Mayhem Numero Diecinueve

Cuddling with Jaime was awesome. Emme thoroughly enjoyed it, and him. Obviously.
In fact, Emme and Jaime were enjoying themselves so much that Jayne had left to drive Kellin back to the hotel. It must have been awkward to watch someone snuggling and know that you couldn’t snuggle with the other third wheel.
The two of them snuggled for a surprisingly long time before Emme’s mother reemerged, not even getting up to change the music they were listening to. Hey, they were dedicated snugglers. Emme often had to lean out of the circle of Jaime’s arms to choose new songs from the iTunes library on her laptop. She eventually had to pee, but decided to hold it in. She had no motivation to leave him whatsoever.
Eventually, though, they did have to break apart, because Emme’s mother and siblings returned. Plus, Emme had Shakespeare homework… Emme sure loved homework.
Not.
They bid farewell to one another, and Emme went to call Jayne to pick Jaime up and drive him back to his hotel. She felt bad dragging Jayne away from the homework she was probably doing, though.
Apparently, Jaime felt the same way. “Call a taxi,” he insisted to her. “I’m sure she’s busy.”
Emme put her hand on his arm and leaned to kiss him on the cheek, after checking to see if her family wasn’t in the room. “You’re so thoughtful.”
“Thoughtful guys always win the girl.” Jaime winked.
Emme blushed and rolled her eyes. He made it sound like she had guys dueling over her. “All right. Don’t let your head get too big, dear,” she sassed him back, reaching for her phone.
As she dialed, and while she was giving her address to the taxi service, Jaime made grotesque, childish faces at her.
She actually had to leave the room so she didn’t crack up laughing. He was so immature. Yet she loved him. He could always make her laugh, that’s for sure.
Once Emme returned to the living room, he pulled her to him and wrapped her in a hug. “I’ll see you soon, my darling,” he whispered into her hair.
Her shoulders shook as she laughed into his chest. “You actually said that with a straight face.”
“Well, yeah. I’m a great actor,” he replied defensively. “Aren’t you in drama club? Get your act together!”
Emme laughed again and hugged him back. “My apologies. I’ll get on that.”
“You’d better.” Jaime’s face softened and he looked down at her. “Really, though, I’ll see you soon. Like tomorrow.”
Emme grinned. “You will? Why?”
“That,” he said, holding up a finger, “my dear, is classified information.”
Emme raised an eyebrow. So, a surprise?
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter is the finale, guys! Can you believe it? And a surprise? What is this, I wonder....?