Status: One and Done

Journey To The Rising Sun

The Tavern

It wasn't that it was a long walk down to the tavern, it wasn't a horrible walk either I rather enjoyed the exercise in all honesty. The errand though, it was pointless, like I had told the King before. Merlin was never in the tavern. Ever.

At some point over the years it had become common to blame his absence on The Rising Sun but anytime I had been sent down there to look for Arthur's wayward manservant the establishment was mysteriously void of the man who I knew and saw trailing behind Arthur day in and out over the last 5 years.

"He isn't going to be there," I grumble at the King who was currently behind the modesty screen, throwing clothes up and over at me. When Merlin pulled his disappearing acts I was called away from my other duties around the castle to take his place. Much to my displeasure.

"I don't believe you, I believe you are covering for him."

I roll my eyes at his theory, catching his jacket and folding it over my arm.

"Why don't you walk down to the tavern yourself then?" I suggest repressing a snort. I had worked at the castle and with Arthur for many years, more years then Merlin, I was somehow able to get away with the odd sarcastic remark now and then.

"The King does not simply walk down to the tavern, Annabell."
"It's good exercise?"
"Are you calling me fat?" he asks warningly annoyance lacing his voice, I gulp backing towards the door, repressing a smile when his frown peeks out behind the screen.

"Annabell? Where do you think you're going?"

"Just to go look for Merlin?…" I squeak, dodging the boot flung my way. With a final glance back at Arthur I speed out of the room, clutching his clothes, more then ready to drop them off with the other laundry before looking for the possibly alcoholic manservant.

Honestly, what kind of boyfriend disappears on two day drinking binges… fake drinking binges?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a random idea that had been bugging me for a week. Had to get that out!