Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Pac Rims

“And here is our final competitor in this floor final” Al Trautwig started. “Anechka Zabrikova…or just Anna as they call her”
“She’s seen everyone go, she knows what she needs to do and she can easily win this”
“Anna is from Russia she’s just fourteen years old. She’ll be turning fifteen in a few months” Elfi added.
“And the age rule in gymnastics really messed up Russia’s plan. See to qualify age wise you need to be fifteen turning sixteen the year of the Olympics. She’s fourteen turning fifteen which mean’s she’ll have to wait four more years before she can be eligible” Tim explained.
“Alexandrov, the head coach of the Russian women said she has so much talent, and they’re afraid that she’ll burn out before Rio comes” Elfi started. “But he says she’s perfectly okay with it, she’s excited that she’ll have the experience of three world championships”
“Actually Katelyn Ohashi is in the same position currently. She’s fourteen turning fifteen. And back in 2008 Rebecca Bross was in the same position” Tim said.
“Although, I’m excited to see this young lady grow over the next four years. She’s young, she’s talented and she has so much time to perfect the new code of points starting next year. “ Elfi said.
“She wowed everyone with her floor routine during qualifications. Unfortunately she could not do the all around due to some a shoulder injury earlier this year that is hampering her from doing bars” Al said. “But the other day she lighted up the floor with this cheeky routine”
“Combine with amazing tumbling and choreography. The Russian’s are known for their balletic style. She takes the balletic style added with fun choreography and difficult tumbling. She’s the total package” Elfi said.
“It says she’s only 4 feet ten inches and only eighty pounds” Al said.
“She’s so tiny and so manages to pull off all this tumbling.” Tim said. “You’ll see her first pass is a double twisting double back which is extremely difficult”
“Actually night one she whipped out of that pass, I wonder if she’ll do it again. She had a pretty low landing”
“But with time she’ll perfect all these little things”
Anna got the green flag from the judges. She saluted and stepped onto the blue carpet. Keeping her very calm persona. She had that very serious look to her all the time. Her child-like bangs across the forehead kept her from looking all that serious.
“She needs a 14.8 to take the title” Al said.
“And that is easy for her” Tim said. “All during podium training she’s never missed a single pass or connection”
When the music started it was like she was in her own world She heard no one, she saw no one. It was just her and her fun, cheeky routine.
When she stuck her last pass, a triple full, the crowd went wild. It was a surprise since she was about to take gold over an American at an American event.
She kept that beautiful smile of hers on her face and calmly stepped off the podium.
Her coach, Evgeny Grebenkin, attacked her in a hug. The duo have been working together for YEARS. They became close. Like a father-daughter team.
“And the score is up 15.252! A huge score!” Tim exclaimed. Anna smiled and waved to the crowd. She hugged her team mate and best friend Maria Kharenkova. It would be Anna’s first gold medal at these games. Since being removed from the all around, bars and vault finals because of inury and not placing on beam.
It was a very long story explaining how she got to this moment. This one gold medal would be the beginning of some bad times but at the same time a lot of good times.