Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Euros 2014

Anna avoided Pavel. She didn’t want to get herself into a situation she couldn’t handle. She was too young for a relationship. She had plenty of time after Rio to focus on boys.
As easy as it was to sit there and not go after Pavel, it was even harder to see all her older friend happy in relationships. What was so great about it? She didn’t want to lose herself in someone else. She can’t trust someone like she can trust Maria or Vika. How does it work?
I guess she would find out later.

The next big stepping stone for Anna was European Championships, since it was so far away she didn’t need to worry about much.
Her and Evgeny had plans before Europeans, they wanted to take it easy. This would be her first European championships completely uninjured. They didn’t want to do any kind of upgrading to her routine until after worlds. If anything they were doing some downgrading.
They wanted to upgrade with the competition. Right now she’s the best floor worker in the world on the other events she’s in the top 3. As long as that stays consistent they didn’t need to upgrade. They didn’t want to cheat the code for a higher start value, Evgeny came up with routines that Anna could do.

By the time European Championships came around, Anna was more than ready. The Russian’s wanted to use Anna on all four events for the team final, and hopefully she would go on to be European Champion. She was ultimately the greatest hope for gold medals, along with Viktoria and Aliya.
This time around they choose Aliya for the team along with Maria Kharenkova, Ksenia Afanaseyva, Viktoria Komova. All of them having their own strengths and weakness. Aliya brought the skill on bars and vault. Viktoria had vault, bars and sometimes beam. Ksenia had beam and floor and Maria had beam and floor.
The line up was as follows. Starting on vault they would have Aliya, Viktoria and Anna. Moving to bars they would also have Anna, Viktoria and Aliya. On beam they would use Maria, Ksenia and Anna and on floor it would go Maria, Ksenia, Anna. It was a nice consistent line up with everyone doing an event they are known for.
The team final was absolutely great. Everyone preformed consistently and no one had a fall or a major mistake. It was still rather close in the end, but they won.
During the all around it was Maria and Anna representing the Russian Federation. Maria was ready. Since 2012 she had upgrading bars and vault immensely and improved on her best events beam and floor. She didn’t have the difficulty like Viktoria, Aliya and Anna, but she had the consistency, and with time she could get there.
They went in as the top 2. They were ready to dominate.