Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

So it Begins

Anna hasn’t won Euro since she was a junior. She really wanted the title now to add to her collection. She was the best in the world at the moment, and then the best in America, now she wanted to be the best in Europe.
She started off the competition on one of her easier events, vault. She had an easy time, scorin a 14.800 with a practically stuck landing. She moved to bars where she struggled. She hit her lets on the bar right before her dismount which caused her to touch her hands on the mat and almost her knees. She scored a 14.350 which put her behind Larisa Iordache. She moved to beam where really she had her moment to catch up. Larisa is very good on beam and floor but Anna is just as good. She scored a 13.9 because she touched the mat with her hands and almost her head on her full twisting back pike dismount. It was a disappointing day for Anna.
She redeemed herself on floor where she just preformed, not for gold but for a medal. After beam she was out of a medal, after floor she was with the bronze. Her floor score was a 15.103 which was enough.
She was disappointed with herself. It felt like she lost it when it mattered. She wanted the European title so bad she put so much stress on her self to perform perfectly. Was she ready to be queen? What if she does this at the Olympics?

After the competition Anna went back to her hotel and cried. Maria stayed away and avoided showing Anna her silver medal. Anna was not happy.
Finally Igor decided to say something. Everyone that came with Russia was watching and they were all sad for Anna. She seemed so ready and something seemed so off.
“Anna” Igor knocked on the door. “Let me in its Igor”
“No” she said softly.
“Come on Anna, I just want to talk”
“…” she said something but he missed it.
“Come on Anna”
“No!” she exclaimed. “I don’t want to talk to anyone! Stop acting like you can help” Igor shook his head.
“Im going to sit outside this door until you let me in” he sat in front of the door and stared at it. A minute passed before she opened the door a bit to peak out. She tried to shut it but Igor pushed it open. “Ha! It work again” Anna rolled her eyes. She threw herself onto her bed and covered her head with her pillow. “Hey, cheer up. There’s still event finals tomorrow”
“It’s not the same” Anna said. “The all around is what im good at” she explained. “And I ruined it”
“You had a bad day” he said. “Everyone has one”
“I talked this competition up” she said. “I want an AA European title and I blew it—I want an Olympic title, what if I blow it then?”
“It’s still two years away” Igor said. “You have time to grow and mature. You can’t compare now to 2016. The story is what defines you”
“I don’t have a story”
“Not yet”
Her story starts now…