Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Kisses

Igor stayed with Anna that night and didn’t leave her room until she was asleep. That night Anna also had a dream about a knight in shining armor coming to save her from all her doubts. Her knight was Igor. It scared her that Igor was almost 22 year old. Why did she have a thing for older guys?
She didn’t want to think about love until after Rio but it was just so attractive. Maybe it wouldn’t be bad to experiment. She was almost seventeen years old, she could have her first kiss at first. That wouldn’t hurt.

After that night she was feeling a lot better. She went into the vault, beam and floor final with a more positive head.
In the vault final she came second to Sandra Izbasa. In the beam final she actually tied for gold with Larisa, which was a great feeling. On the floor final Anna beat Larisa, but the two of them were on good terms.
Overall she was happy. She had redeemed herself during event final to win two silvers and a gold. Leaving her with three gold, one silver and one bronze. How many people could say that? She dominated.

Going home was the best part. Pavel was left off the team due to recent inconsistency and before they all left Pavel told Anna to make him proud.
When she got back Anna went to the men’s side of the dormitory to find Pavel. She found his room and knocked a few times. She needed him to answer quickly before she turned around and run.
He opened the door and smiled. He saw the medal around her neck. “You said to make you proud” Pavel hugged her.
“I am proud” he invited her into his room. P.S he didn’t share a room with anyone at the moment. “I was worried about the all around but you seemed to pull it together for event finals” he said. “I was beyond excited to see you beat Larisa on floor” she smiled. “Im glad you won enough gold medals for me”
“Yeah if you want one you can have it, I have two more in my room” they laughed.
There was a slight awkward silent before Pavel spoke again. “You know, before you left I thought you hated me. Since the American Cup you haven’t been talking to me as much”
“Yeah I was just focusing on training” she lied
“Oh, im glad you don’t hate me”
“How could I hate you?”
“Aliya hates me”
“Aliya’s a bitch” they giggled.
“When I left Aliya, I didn’t want to lose you, too” he said. “Because we’ve become really close and I like that”
“me too” Pavel smiled, leaned in and kissed Anna gently and quickly on the lips. Just a quick peck. Anna totally froze up.
“I just got The Avegeners, wanna watch it with me?” Anna blushed and nodded.