Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Scam Cup 2015

The American Cup came fast that year. Anna really struggled those first three months before the event with a hand strain. In the end she had to get a minor surgery to move a bone to fix it. She then went to the American Cup with almost eight sponsors watching her.
No one was really ready for the event. The event was too early in the year. Maybe if it was after or slightly before Europeans they could be more prepared.
She started on vault where she practically butchered her amanar and almost sat it down. She still got a 15.150 for a score.
She moved to bars where she had a pretty good routine. Bars wasn’t her strongest event but she made it through with her new double layout dismount scoring a 14.980. She then went to beam where she was last. She didn’t feel mentally ready for beam, she felt very tired and fatigued already.
She tried her best on what on her best event. She had a few wobbles on the big skills, but made it through. On the dismount she once again like the year before had hit her hands down on the mat and really didn’t make it completely around. Evgeny wanted her to do the triple twist again but she was determined to make the full twisting double back pike work. She had made it a few times, just on bad days it didn’t work. She scored a 14.763.
Floor was the deciding point between first and second. Her and Lexie Priessman had struggled through out the competition. Anna really pulled herself together, and with one step out of bounds she did just that. She scored a 14.900 in the end which was two tenths higher than what she needed to win the competition.
She didn’t really want the gold medals, though. She felt sick and tired, like she had not preformed her best. They had a lot of work to do.