Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Cuts

Evgeny let Anna stop training a few hours early that day. He saw that she looked very tired and not in shape to train. He wanted her to get in sleep and relax. He really couldn’t help her with this. She needed to confront these ‘demons’ on her own.

Anna sat in her room. She threw herself down onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. She had a Justin Bieber poster on her ceiling. She had all kinds of posters in her room.
In one big fit of rate she tore the poster down and all her other posters and just cried. “WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME” she cried her little heart out for an hour.
She closed herself into a ball. She pulled her knees to her chest and tried to muffle her cries.

Maria came back to the dorm during lunch to check up on Anna. She had been in her room for a good three hours by herself and Maria didn’t want to leave her alone too long.
“Anna Banana” Maria opened the door to their room and saw her on the floor with the ripped remains of all the posters she had hung up in her room. “ANNA!” She sat down next to Anna. She was completely asleep. “At least she’s asleep” she said. She picked up all the posters and threw them out. She cleaned up so Anna wouldn’t have go be stressed about something else.
She left the room and let her sleep. She really wanted to help. Maria was too young for this.

Pavel tried to see Anna several times that day after he saw she wasn’t at training. She asked Maria and Vika about where she was.
“She’s sleeping” Maria said. “I saw her in her room this morning completely passed out on the floor” Vika scrunched her face. “Hopefully she sleeps the whole day”
“Is something extremely wrong?” Pavel asked. “Is she depressed?”
“I wouldn’t say…yeah she’s depressed” Maria said. “I think it’s all the pressure from the sponsors to not being consistent to the injuries. She’s putting a lot of stress on herself”
“I want to talk to her” Pavel motioned to the door. “Let me in”
Maria opened the door to the dorm. Anna was gone. “Uh oh”
“We should really get her a tracking device or something” Pavel said “I’ve been looking all over for her”
“Maybe she’s taking a shower or grabbing something to eat” Vika said. “Give her an hour, if she’s not back then we freak out”
“Ok”

Anna woke up and saw all the mess she made gone. She sighed. Maria must have seen it. Anna got up, grabbed a new change of clothes and other little things and headed to the bathrooms. She undressed and got in the shower. She tried to relax herself and forgot about anything.
She pulled out a razor from her bag. She accidently dropped it and it broke open. She picked up the blade that was separate from the rest of the razor. She looked at the sharp edges. She imagined how the feel of the blade would be like on her skin. She ran the blade across her skin and for some reason it felt…rushing. She felt powerful. Out of all the things she couldn’t control, she could control this.
She made several lines on her own skin and watched the deep red blood come out from her body. She felt exhilarated.