Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Transformation

To the girls it felt like the summer just wouldn't end. Day in day out they were training, but at the same time they were also attending a few therapy sessions.
Anna, for the rest of that summer, did not train with them.
"Im worried" Viktoria said.
"Im worried, too, but about you" Maria said. "You've attached and clung to Anna's side" she said.
"Because i felt the same way before London. Can you imagine the pressure?"
"Of course" Maria said. "But we're not professionals, we can't do anything about it" they stood at the chalk bin. "We all want to help her but we don't know whats wrong"
Pavel walked over to the chalk. "Heard anything about Anna?" he asked.
"No" Viktoria said. "They will only tell us so much"
"She's been gone for two months and every day she's not here i feel more and more guilty"
"You didn't do anything wrong" Viktoria said. "She was drifting away, and you did the right thing of not making things more complicated"
"What if she wanted to kill herself?" Pavel asked in a whisper. Viktoria didn't even want to think about it. If Anna was cutting herself, she was definitely thinking about suicide.
"Can we just think positive thoughts here?" Maria asked. "The world team is being announced soon and i need practice. This is the last major competition before the olympics”
The door to the training center always squeaked and caused a scene whenever someone opened it. So this time when it opened it was no different, everyone turned to the door. And they were all surprised to see Anna and Evgeny at the door.
Aliya ran to the door, dropping her grips and chalk. She attacked Anna in a hug. After a second of not believing what they were seeing, most of the girls closest to Anna, Maria and Viktoria, had made their way over to Anna.
"Girls, girls" Evgeny said. "Let her have some time to breath" he said. "You guys can talk after morning work out"
"Ok"
"You look good" Aliya told Anna. She brushed Anna's bangs behind her ears.
"Thanks" she smiled. Aliya smiled back. Anna had a smile that was contagious. The harsh feelings between them were no more.
Wherever she went for the last two months, she went through a massive transformation. To Viktoria she didn't look as skinny, she had more color in her face, she was actually smiling. She just looked more pleasant.
Viktoria smiled to herself.
"Mama Komova can calm down now" Maria said. "She looks alright"
There was still one problem. Pavel.
Pavel watched from afar as almost all the girls ran over to Anna. A few of the guys like Igor, David and Emin went over there as well, but Pavel was frozen in his spot. What could he say? He abandoned her when she needed him.
When the crowd had dispersed Anna made eye contact with Pavel. He quickly looked away. She headed to the locker room.
She changed into a leotard and shorts. She made sure to wrap guaze around her right arm. The one she used to cut on. She didn't like seeing it. She felt alot better and that was discouraging to her.
She walked into the gym and took a deep breath in and out. No doubt she had the talent to be the best in the world it's just mentally it was hard.
She walked over to Pavel at the chalk bin. "hey" she said softly.
"Hey" he smiled. "How are you?"
"Better"
"Im sorry" they both blurted out at the same time.
"What?" Pavel asked. "What are you sorry for?"
"For leading you on and then becoming so distant" she said. "What are you sorry for?"
"For not being there when you needed me" he muttered. She looked down.
"No i abandoned you" she said. "And im really sorry"
"No im sorry"
"Well im more sorry" they both giggled.
"Well, where did you go?" he asked.
"I went home and i trained at my old gym" she said. "I saw a therapist every other day" she said. "it was nice--how were things here?"
"Not good" he admitted, he chuckled. "We thought they took you to a mental institution or something" they both laughed. "I guess you were lucky"
"Yeah"
"Are you really okay though?" he asked.
"Yeah"
"Because i want to be here this time, i can talk. Im a great listener" she smiled. "I wanted to know what was wrong before--you dont have to talk about it" he said. "I think im falling for you and i don't want to go through this again" she looked into his eyes.
"How much do you like me?" she asked with a smirk. They laughed, relieving the tension.
"Alot" She blushed.
"I like you alot too" she said. "Just promise you'll always be here for me" she said. Pavel smiled. He leaned over and kissed her. Gently he pulled her hips closer to him. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before a coach yelled at them. They were both so red in the face.