Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Finding Inspiration

Training for the 2016 European Championships took up most of their time. Anna completely forgot about Pavel and Tom to concentrate. All the cutting and depression was leading up to this final year. She didn’t have much time to prepare. It was crazy thinking about it. Sh felt like it was still 2013. She still felt little.
The team was made up of a lot of olympic veterans. Anna, Aliya, Viktoria, Maria and Evgenia made up the team. Ksenia and Anastasia and other talented girls were left off for now. The Russians had three minor competitions to practice for the olympics. The russians wanted the best possible team so they wouldn’t have any particularly weak events like in London. Anna was a lock for the team as long as she stayed healthy. She would definitely help in Russia’s two weakest events, beam and floor.
She was ready though. Actually she’s been ready since 2012. It was just staying consistent and not getting too stressed over the little things. She felt a bit cocky sometimes. After her third world championship AA title she knew she was going to win at the olympics, too. She just had to qualify.
Euro’s were a big wake up call for Anna

There was only a team and all around competition at these Euros. It sucked because then she couldn’t go home for as long as she wanted to but it was less stress.
The Russian’s won the team event with ease. They each put 110% into their routines. Viktoria’s new beam set really defined their win. If you can come close to beating Romania on beam, you’ll have an advantage. Having them bettered on vault and bars also helped.
In the all around, Vika and Anna took the first two positions throughout the competition. Viktoria beat Anna overall but more specifically on vault and bars. Vika came damn close on beam but was outmatched on floor. Anna thought the Olympic all around was hers, but she had way more work to do.

After the disappointing loss, she went back to work. She upgraded back to an amanar (her and Evgeny though they’d be fine without it) She lost it post-injury. She worked a little harder on bars and really worked on her beam dismount which she came close to faltering on at the European Championships.
She found inspiration in Kohei Uchimura. Although its easier to win when you have two more events.
She studied him and how he behaved on and off the podium and the way he carried himself. They were very alike. They each had their own personal demons and struggled. Anna is much younger however.