Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

The Team

The tea was no secret. The Russian girl’s had maybe ten possible locks for the five person team with two alternates. Only three people would be seriously disappointed.
“Ok, so for alternates we have…” Alexandrov started. He was assigned the head coach for the team again, mostly because Aliya was no longer the queen of this quad. Anna was expected to have the most success and Evgeny was coaching her. They also had Evgeny and the Rodinenko’s for other coaches. “vgenia Shelgenova and Ekaterina Bauterina” everyone clapped as they received their team jackets and hugs from the coaches. “So for the team…competing all around for team final, Anechka Zabrikova” Anna smirked. Vika gave her a big hug. “Also competing all around, Aliya Mustafina” Aliya attacked Anna in a hug and they held hands. They’ve both come a long way in their friendship. “Competing vault, bars and beam for the team final, Viktoria Komova” VIka hugged the two other girls.
“So the fun begins” Aliya said.
“Competing floor and beam, Ksenia Afanasyeva” Ksenia smiled.
Maria was sweating a river. Was she the last one to be picked or a reject? Only three other girls stood beside her and they were unexperienced first year seniors.
“Also competing floor and beam and potentially vault, Maria Kharenkova” Maria finally could breathe. Anna and Maria hugged for ages.
“I can’t believe how far we’ve come” Anna said.
“We still have a long ways to go”