Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

The Queen from Russia

On the day of the all around, Anna was not going to let the gold medal leave her sights. She might have ruined it for the team, but she still had a chance to make it up for Russia. She was destined to be the first Russian all-around Olympic champion.
She started off the day by having a big breakfast. She ended up spitting half of it out.
Whenever Anna got nervous, she felt nauseas and she started to tremble and shake. Normal people would just feel a little something mentally but her body physically, mentally and emotionally reacted to nerves.
"Calm down" Viktoria rubbed Anna's shoulders. "You are over reacting" she said. "Whos really going to beat you? You have me, Iordache and Wieber to worry about and even with a fall you'll win we all know it" Anna smiled, but it didn't last long.
She had the skills and the natural talent, but she didn't want to continue fucking up after a fall.
"Just think about after the competition" Viktoria said. "You have the gold medal around your neck and everyone is so ecited. You run to Igor because he's the best unofficial boyfriend in the world" Anna giggled. "And you know after these games you can go public with him and finally take a break" she smiled.
"A break would be nice" she said.
"Think of a nice place where we could go on vacation" Vika said. "The men went to the U.A.E after London and it was gorgeous"
"South Africa" Anna said with a smile.
"Fine, we'll all go to South Africa"
"Take your places" Alexandrov started. "You feeling okay?" Anna nodded.
"Im ready"

When she arrived at the area in downtown Rio she was determined. Her body was still a bit shaky but she could do this. She needed to find the confidence.
She was more then ready, she dominated. Stuck amanar vault, perfect bars set, perfect beam and a spectacular floor routine.
By the time floor came around it didn't matter. She was going to win no matter what, she was ahead by over a point and neither Aliya who was in second nor Larisa who was in 3rd could stop her. So it really was just a gala routine with all the elements to get a full start value.
After she stepped off the floor she didn't even need a score to tell her she won. She knew it.
Viktoria hugged her tight. "Russia's first all around champion" Vika said. Aliya hugged her too. Anna started to cry, all the pressure all the years of waiting were over and it felt so good to let it out.
The score was up. A huge 15.6. Only 9 tenths of deductions. That's not even possible, unless your name is Anna Zabrikova, then anything is possible.
"The best gymnast in history" Tim Dagget said during the competition. "Hails from Russia"
"Bow down to your new queen" Al added.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww jeah 25,000 half way through nano wrimo