Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Thousand

The Russian gymnastics team was in South Africa from the end of Rio for a month. Most of the team went back to the training center mid-September to start training and getting in shape again. The whole men's team went straight to the gym after South Africa. Viktoria and Aliya decided to take some more time off before going back and Anna was completely on the bubble.
Before Rio she had three goals. To win the all around, to win another individual gold medal and to win a team medal, gold more specifically but they were realistic this time around. She got two individual gold medals including the all around gold, along with two silvers, including the team one. She didn't know if training for four more years was worth trying for the team gold.
In the mean time, she was dating Tom Daley. Since her first night in South Africa with him they hit it off almost immediately. He stayed in South Africa with her three weeks longer than he intended to. After their stay there Tom invited her to be on holiday a little longer.
They went to the United States for two weeks, where they stayed in New York City, Miami and Los Angeles. Then they went to Australia for a week. They went to other places for a week like Moscow, London, Paris and Beijing. They had a blast.
Their overall holiday was spontaneous and it was the best time of their lives. Beside winning medals at the olympics. The whole thing lasted two and a half months. By early December they ended their vacation so they could go home. But their relationship stayed strong.
"It's only one plane ride" Tom kept telling her. "Or 33 hours of driving" he said. Anna smiled. "My love burns for you like the temperature of a thousand suns" he said. Anna blushed.
"That's so cheesy"
"Who cares" he kissed her one last time. They heard the final warning for her flight back to Moscow from London. "Aw...i'll miss you"
"I'll miss you too"
"American Cup, then" Tom said. "I'll be there...hopefully it won't be that long"
"Hopefully" he kissed her one last time before letting her get on the plane.
...
Anna sighed as she got out of her car. The car she got from the federation for winning a gold medal. Since she won two, she got an especially nice car.
"What's wrong?" her mom asked her. "If you want to retire you can"
"No, im just going to miss this car" her mom giggled. "Im still...confused though. Do i want to train all around, do i want to stop training a second vault, do i really care about the team to want to stick around?" she asked herself.
"Well by being here you have a chance to see" her mom told her.
"I miss it, i do"
"Then have fun with it" her mom kissed her forehead. "Let's go"
...
Anna was getting a new room since Maria was training at home temporarily. Recently Anna was invited to the American Cup so she decided to come back to train.
She was sharing a room with Aliya. "It's so quiet here" Anna said. "How many people still train?" Aliya shrugged.
"I know it's you, me and Emin training for the American Cup. Vika and Maria are training at home until the new year and then they'll be back to train for Europeans"
"ok" she started to unpack her things.
"So how's the boyfriend?" she asked.
"How's yours?" they both giggled. Aliya was dating David since Rio. Aliya blushed.
"he's good, he's a riot in bed" Anna laughed. "Don't act like your some innocent girl anymore like before London. You know what sex is. You are dating the sexiest guy of the Rio games" Anna shrugged.
"I had sex with Tom before i left London" Anna continued to unpack her clothes.
"Oh!" Aliya brightened up. "How is he?"
"Im not sure" Anna said. "With Pavel it was like really fast and then with TOm it was really slow"
"Aw poor thing" Aliya said. "Fast is better, it probably means it was just a one night stand though. But slow is passionate and he was being gentle the first time" Anna smiled. "I think you have a winner"
"Hope so"
"It's only 33 hours to get to London, We'll drive there if we have a break between now and the Cup" Anna smiled.
“I miss him already…I think I’m seriously in love with him” Aliya put her hand over her heart.
“That is just too precious” she pinched Anna’s cheek. “They grow up so fast”