Status: For Nano Wrimo, finished November 28, 2012 at 51,214 words

The New Queen

Scam Cup 2016

Anna was the only Russian going to the American Cup. A lot of changes to the code had been made and no one really wanted to go until they were ready.
Ksenia retired, she agreed to at least go with Anna for some support. Aliya and Vika came with them. They couldn’t miss an opportunity to party like it was their birthday’s. It’s America, everything is blown out of porportion. Like the current ‘Cold war’ between the Russians and the American’s. Around these Olympics the war was kind of over. Russia came out on top with the most medals while America really struggled since London.
Tom didn’t tell Anna he was coming. He lied and said he couldn’t make it. She was really disappointed and he felt really bad, but he planned on surprising her after she competed with chocolate and flowers.
Anyways, Anna had fun before the competition. No old veterans were really competiting. It was mostly first year seniors and juniors. So she had the competition in the bag. Until she found out Lexie Preissman was competiting.
Now, Anna personally had nothing against Lexie. It’s the politics of it all. The Russian’s truly kicked America in the ass at the Rio olympics and she was the one stuck in 4th in the all around. Home turf meant everything. This was redemption, even though to Anna it was just the start to a comeback
They both started the competition pretty strong. Since Anna only had four months to prepare she didn’t have ALL her skills back. She was starting with a DTY. She stuck it easily. Score: 15.105
They moved to bars which became a good event for Anna, finally. She scored a 14.9.
They moved to beam which, at the moment was her best set. She had a variety of skills old and new and had no problem what so ever. She trashed her full twisting back pike dismount and went with her old classic, the triple twist, which she had no problem completing. She scored a 15.3 while Lexie had a fall.
They moved to the final apparatus, floor. Anna struggled in her comeback especially on floor and vault. She had four new tumbling passes that were a lot easier then the ones she used to compete. She started the routine (using Maria’s old music from 2012) with a double layout with a stag, then a whip and a triple twist, then a 2.5 twist to front tuck full and then last a double tuck. It was a great routine to end the competition. She scored a 15 even. She won by less than a point. It was a glorious comeback victory.

After the competition all the competitors got to hang out at the hotel. Anna had a long day of being interviewed by multiple English/Russian television TV shows. She was sick of it. Now she was ready to relax with Ksenia, Aliya and Vika.
“I hope this is my last cup” Anna said. “I’m done with these world cup events. I just want to do world and euros”
“Do you want to continue competiing?” Ksenia asked. Anna shrugged.
“I haven’t decided. I came back to train because of this competition” she said. “I really do miss it, and today was awesome”
“I don’t know about you but I’m ready to retire” Aliya said. “I don’t know when though” she said “I want to retire but at the same time I want to stay”
“I don’t want you to retire” Anna hugged Aliya. “I love you guys so much”
“Well, for now you have me” Vika said. Ever since their last team interview Anna had become closer with Vika. I think now they needed each other. Before Rio it felt like Vika was just protecting her. Now they both leaned on each other for support.
“I can’t wait until I turn 20 this year” Anna said. “I’ll retire then”
“Why?”
“I’ll be an adult”
“That’s when gymnasts retire?”
“No, that’ll be a year after Rio. At least I can say I tried and I wanted to retire”
Tom walked into the club. Thank god Anna was a twitter whore or he would even know where she was going that night. He looked around the busy dance club looking for a very energetic firecracker like girl, probably wearing all black.
He spotted Aliya by the bar ordering drinks. Anna was there.
He sat down at his own table and looked around more. “You are so whipped for this girl” his best friend Jack told him.
“No I’m not”
“You’re not?” he asked. “You brought flowers, you flew across like half the globe, you fangirled hard over her on NATIONAL TELEVISION” Tom didn’t respond. “You are…WHIPPED” Tom rolled her eyes. “I don’t think she knows you are madly in love with her”
“I’m not madly in love”
“Poor girl is only 19 and she’s going to be in a serious relationship”
“Stop talking” Tom said. He spotted Anna dancing with McKayla Maroney. They both had a passion for dancing. A particular K-Pop song that sparked them into a dance. “I see her” Jack sighed. Anna was a great girl, Jack had to look out for her. Anna was a little too young for this kind of relationship. Long distance and SUPER serious.
When the song ended Tom walked over. “Hey baby what’s your sign” Anna took a moment. She didn’t believe he was actually there. She attacked them in a hug and soon they started making out. They found themselves at their own table with the flowers Tom bought her.
Jack looked on from across the club. This relationship would crash and then burn…quickly.